Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Doncaster Rovers away OFF

Why would a Leicester fan want to pay to watch Stoke v brum?

Presumable for the same reason people buy Sky & ESPN to watch Premier League football when their team are not in the Premier League, granted Stoke/Brum is a bit desperate. :P

Im of the opinion he can do what he wants with his money to be honest! Ive paid to go and watch teams I dont support before just to see some footy. Personally I couldnt afford £34 but obviously he can so good for him. :unsure:

Im of the opinion he can do what he wants with his money to be honest! Ive paid to go and watch teams I dont support before just to see some footy. Personally I couldnt afford £34 but obviously he can so good for him. :unsure:

Come on tell the truth, it's not the £34 you'd just rather go shopping than watch Stoke v Brum - typical woman :whistle:

Watching teams you don't support is all part of football. It's fun, you get to go to some nice grounds, and see how the level of footy differs from Leicesters.

When I was on holiday once, Had football withdrawal symptons, so went to watch Weymouth Vs Mk Dons. Was a good night out.

Please tell me you didnt pay £34 to go and see it?

Paid £30 a ticket.

Basically, we had already set off from Northampton to drive up to Doncaster. We'd got to Leicester services by the time we heard the game was off. We thought we could either go shopping in Leicester & end up spending a shed load of money in the sales OR make a day of it & go watch some different football. Took a look on the mobile internet & decided Stoke was fairly close & seeing as they're supposed to have the loudest support in the Premiership it'd make for a good afternoon out.

Had to sign up on the Stoke website before they'd sell us tickets, but that wasn't too hard to do. Got there, went in the pub for a pint & got a burger before the game. Ground was packed, hardly an empty seat. Atmosphere was good, would have been better if they were winning. But when they were singing it was bloody loud. Also, when the game was going in Stoke's favour the WHOLE ground stands up. A real difference to the sit & moan behaviour at Leicester.

A good day out & something different to do. No harm in that. Would have preferred to have seen Wolves vs. Man City but still...

Back to Leicester on Saturday for the FA Cup.

:thumbup:

I was at Manchester Piccadilly when my dad rang to tell me it was off, I've been staying in Wigan last few days. Already paid the £17.50 train fare to Donny :@ % minutes late I would have been on the train to Leeds. Spent a few hours in Manchester instead.

I rang my dad bout half 9 to see any news but he siad there was no sign of a pitch inspection so I thought it would be ok.

Watching teams you don't support is all part of football. It's fun, you get to go to some nice grounds, and see how the level of footy differs from Leicesters.

When I was on holiday once, Had football withdrawal symptons, so went to watch Weymouth Vs Mk Dons. Was a good night out.

This.

I went to see Peterborough Cardiff instead. I saw a 4-4 draw and i mean you cant get much better than that! I dont like Posh at all but I went to see a game, rather than support anyone, as if I dont go to a match it feels like the Saturday is ruined.

This.

I went to see Peterborough Cardiff instead. I saw a 4-4 draw and i mean you cant get much better than that! I dont like Posh at all but I went to see a game, rather than support anyone, as if I dont go to a match it feels like the Saturday is ruined.

Saturdays are rubbish without Leicester, but not totally.

Remember, when Leicester don't play, you can sit hat home watching Jeff Stelling which is a sensational program as well as watching the games that are live on TV without spending any money.

I don't think I would consider going to watch another club, and spending my own money, unless we got the tickets for free somehow.

you can sit hat home watching Jeff Stelling which is a sensational program as well as watching the games that are live on TV without spending any money.

Hold on. Sensational?

Let's outline the basics here....a presenter reads out scores aloud whilst surrounded by 4 'experts' who tell you what's happening at games from televisions.

I'd much watch the real thing than hear about a game not involving Leicester. Telly's not free either.

Hold on. Sensational?

Let's outline the basics here....a presenter reads out scores aloud whilst surrounded by 4 'experts' who tell you what's happening at games from televisions.

I'd much watch the real thing than hear about a game not involving Leicester. Telly's not free either.

Premiership games too! :rolleyes:

I know Id rather go and watch a game to be honest

Hold on. Sensational?

Its not just that though. It is quite a funny program.

Because Jeff Stelling is fast, it makes the show quite funny when he takes the mick out of the 4 ex-players.

I would rather watch that, than waste my money going to watch another club. But, in some cases, if money is no object...

Hold on. Sensational?

It's a good show, Jeff Stelling is excellent and he knows his stuff about lower-league teams, which is desperately lacking in many other programmes.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather be at games, but for the aways I can't get to it's a decent alternative.

Its not just that though. It is quite a funny program.

Because Jeff Stelling is fast, it makes the show quite funny when he takes the mick out of the 4 ex-players.

I would rather watch that, than waste my money going to watch another club. But, in some cases, if money is no object...

Yes, it is funny but investing your money into football is not wasting it. Espically if you are going non-league or League 2 as alterative, when City had no game this season, I went Accrington and thankfully they dug themselves out but they appreciated every penny.

when City had no game this season, I went Accrington and thankfully they dug themselves out but they appreciated every penny.

Thats great and I would do that for Worksop but they don't even play in Worksop anymore.

People try their upmost to get cash for the club: Niel Warnock buys a season ticket every year, my dads mate who runs the supporters club does charity raffles at work or goes around collecting money or something.

And, even Michael Dawson used to come, when Spurs didn't have a game, to watch his brother.

But, seeing as the club don't play in Worksop anymore, not many people go and support the club.

Once the ground is back in Worksop, because it is being built now, I might go and watch them when Leicester don't have a game. I would invest my money in the club. I would buy the club if I was a millionaire, so I see where you are coming from.

Archived