Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Is it just me that doesn't get the fuss whatsoever with Catfish and the Bottlemen?

yeah not too sure. half decent few songs, lead seems to be a **** but apparently the best band in the world.

everyone should've gone see charli xcx instead like the cool kids

Is it just me that doesn't get the fuss whatsoever with Catfish and the Bottlemen?

s

Not just you, seem like a girls band to me.

Remember someone saying on here that they'll be as big as Oasis and Arctic Monkeys. Pfft.

As big as the Kooks maybe.

Edited by Filbert_Ross

i quite like the courteeners tbf. the old stuff anyway. dunno what their new album is like but the boss one was boss and they are quite good live.

wouldn't see them four nights in a row for a hundred quid a go off viagogo or something like but wouldn't say no.

People desperate for rock music?  It's all a bit thin on the ground ATM. 

Really? 

Off the top of my head FIDLAR, DZ Deathrays, Royal Blood, Foals, JAWS, Death From Above 1979, Cloud Nothings, Wolf Alice, Jamie T, Eagulls, Slaves, The Maccabees and Viet Cong have all released albums over the year or so that have been superb.

The Arctics are arguably improving as they go along (although I thought Suck It and See was better than AM - both fantastic though), new Libertines stuff sounds promising - there's loads of music out there that means you don't have to trek up to Manchester and pay £40 to listen to Not Nineteen Forever because there's not enough *rock* music about.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

They absolutely won't be as big as the Arctics.

The Courteeners are another one I don't really get. Very passable, listenable band but selling out Heaton Park over a few nights? How?

Aside from 'Not Nineteen Forever', I'm not keen on The Courteeners either. Selling out Heaton Park, I can only guess is because they're from Manchester.

You either get it or you don't with Catfish, you guys clearly don't get it. #teamcatfish. They need to get this second album out, hoping it's a bit of an evolution in sound like Arctic Monkeys seem to have from album to album.

As an aside, even though it was hardly a surprise. The relief when we saw Foals walk on stage on Sunday morning was huge. Been hitting their album hard all week as well, it's a worldie.

Really? 

Off the top of my head FIDLAR, DZ Deathrays, Royal Blood, Foals, JAWS, Death From Above 1979, Cloud Nothings, Wolf Alice, Jamie T, Eagulls, Slaves, The Maccabees and Viet Cong have all released albums over the year or so that have been superb.

The Arctics are arguably improving as they go along (although I thought Suck It and See was better than AM - both fantastic though), new Libertines stuff sounds promising - there's loads of music out there that means you don't have to trek up to Manchester and pay £40 to listen to Not Nineteen Forever because there's not enough *rock* music about.

I saw FIDLAR at Leeds and thought they were quite decent to be fair. Same with Foals, they did a 'not so secret set' and it was decent. But they're being tipped to headline leeds next year, surely not big enough? Wolf Alice are decent, Slaves, Maccabee's went to Number 1, so Rock music is pretty decent at the moment. 

Even the three songs off the Libs new album that have been released are pretty decent. 

Plenty of good bands out there to be fair, may not be in the mainstream but you don't have to dig too far to find some. Enjoyed watching The Sherlocks open the Festival Republic stage on Friday, they had a huge crowd for first thing on a Friday. Interested to see how they get on with their first album.

I saw The Courtneers in a dingy club in London with about 50 other people absolutely banging tunes out from the first album in '07. It was magical.

Then Falcon was great as well.

Not heard much of the new stuff but I'd say it's safe to assume that if they're selling out Heaton Park it'll be because they are from Manchester and they love their own.

I saw The Courtneers in a dingy club in London with about 50 other people absolutely banging tunes out from the first album in '07. It was magical.

Then Falcon was great as well.

Not heard much of the new stuff but I'd say it's safe to assume that if they're selling out Heaton Park it'll be because they are from Manchester and they love their own.

Sounds pretty boss! Must have been an absolute sweatfest ha.

Quite like the new album as well to be fair, they do great sing along tunes.