Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Being a scouser that means you like The Wombats by default, so that's 2 days chalked off.

One of the first times I got drunk was at a wombats gig. 2k7 I think. Maybe 2k8. I was 13. It was amazing.

LETS DANXE TO JOY DIVISUN

Going back to Beni this year for the first time in four but thinking of throwing in Rock En Seine at the back end of August in all. Kasabian, Libertines and Chemical Brothers headlining - Maccabees, Jamie xx, Jungle, interpol, Wolf Alice, Alt-J, Hot Chip, Tame Impala in all. Looking at about €180 including camping, throw travel and the usual onto that and it's still relatively cheap IMO TBQH

Semi tempted just to go for one night and see Kasabian again.

Going back to Beni this year for the first time in four but thinking of throwing in Rock En Seine at the back end of August in all. Kasabian, Libertines and Chemical Brothers headlining - Maccabees, Jamie xx, Jungle, interpol, Wolf Alice, Alt-J, Hot Chip, Tame Impala in all. Looking at about €180 including camping, throw travel and the usual onto that and it's still relatively cheap IMO TBQH

Semi tempted just to go for one night and see Kasabian again.

that looks bloody legit does that. 

just pre planning my days at leeds. friday looks nuts. saturday looks ****ed. sunday i will be too ****ed to care. 

friday somehow contains; 

jamie xx on the nme to be seen but that involves leaving and returning to the main stage mid way through this run;

cribs, maccabees, jamie t, kendrick lamar & libs. 

saturday is literally swim deep & peace back to back at about tea time. don't plan on seeing anyone else except maybe getting fvcked and pretending i'm cool enough to go see asap ferg. if anyone has seen the line up and wants to tell me someone i should see then i might genuinely take that on board. 

sunday will be circa waves, tourist, everything everything & royal blood before ending up half naked in a bush with 4 pairs of silent disco headphones shoved down my kecks for #banter 

just pre planning my days at leeds. friday looks nuts. saturday looks ****ed. sunday i will be too ****ed to care.

friday somehow contains;

jamie xx on the nme to be seen but that involves leaving and returning to the main stage mid way through this run;

saturday is literally swim deep & peace back to back at about tea time. don't plan on seeing anyone else except maybe getting fvcked and pretending i'm cool enough to go see asap ferg. if anyone has seen the line up and wants to tell me someone i should see then i might genuinely take that on board.

sunday will be circa waves, tourist, everything everything & royal blood before ending up half naked in a bush with 4 pairs of silent disco headphones shoved down my kecks for #banter

Go and see oneman on the Saturday. He's on the same stage as ASAP ferg too. Unreal dj and class at festivals.

Off to the IOW festival for the first time next month. Fleetwood Mac, Blur and the Prodigy headlining. 

Well this never materialised due to girls being girls. Now trying to persuade a mate to come to Leeds with me, I'm determined to get to a festival this summer as I've never been to one. 

Anybody going Reading/Leeds this year? Booked a Reading ticket but it clashes with Bournemouth away!! Big decisions....

Have a days jolly down to Bournemouth, back in time to watch Metallica do their set. There's a direct train from Reading to Bournemouth, festival site is very close to the station, only fly in the ointment might be it being a bank holiday weekend and the trains being fvcked up.

Have a days jolly down to Bournemouth, back in time to watch Metallica do their set. There's a direct train from Reading to Bournemouth, festival site is very close to the station, only fly in the ointment might be it being a bank holiday weekend and the trains being fvcked up.

I did think about this, 1hr 30mins train aswell..  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

friday somehow contains; 

For Saturday I'd recommend parquet courts, my mate raves about them and said they were great at Leeds the other year, some decent stuff when I gave them a try to be fair! Also maybe prides, that would depend if you liked synthpop /indietronica sort of stuff.

The sherlocks first of festival Republic stage on Friday are also well worth a look saw them in Southampton and they were class live!

Can't go this year but hoping to get a day ticket for the Sunday, Spector followed by circa waves then wolf Alice and catfish, top stuff!

Considered this as well. Gutted I need to choose between Leicester Bournemouth and Alexisonfire at Reading :(.

Thom Yorke on stage with Portishead at Latitude. So gutted I'm not there. :(

Wow, great line up. There were rumours of Thom playing a solo set at Latitude over the last day or so, I guess with Portishead drummer Clive Deamer playing drums on the last Radiohead tour maybe this isn't a great surprise.

Anyone gone to Tramlines in Sheffield?

Aye, ruined me. Was out all Friday night then spent most of Saturday at the Dam House party followed by Submotion Orchestra and a few others at Sheff Union. Then head to Hope Works til about 7am for lots of techno/tech house. My brain is melted, Hope Works was absurdly good. Still recovering now.

Main stage was too busy for me all weekend, prefer sticking to the smaller stuff. Cracking weekend though.

I really wanted to go to the gig poster exhibit up at Tramlines, some absurd stuff knocking about, tonnes of free prints going. 

----------

Beni was fantastic; better than it was in 2011. Jamie T completely nailed it as he always does, don't think I've ever seen someone with such a good final five or six songs - Sticks n Stones and If You Got the Money were absurd. 

Noel was fantastic too, his own stuff goes down just as well as the Oasis covers which is nice to see - was worried his crowd was gonna be full of dribbles shouting for Wonderwall. Blur were Blur, brilliant.

Surprises were Clean Bandit and the Kaiser Chiefs, actually both put on really great sets and got the crowd involved without being cliched. We caught a slight bit of Reverend and the Makers as we were killing time between acts and **** me they were bad, proper pish.

Thinking of going next year considering tickets now are priced at just £60; but I'm never camping there again. 38 degree heat is not the right way to wake up.