Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

I was absolutely fooking raging last night when he missed and the red mist settled in - may have posted a few derogatory comments about him- but he stood up to take a penalty, and he missed (trying something insane but c'est la vie).

He has been playing as a midfielder for most of his appearances (doing defensive duties) and when he has played as a striker he has done well.

He put in a fantastic tackle in the extra time when Chopra (rat bastard ****) was running through our defence, won several headers in the defence and I thought generally did well.

Howard as much as I love the guy was an absolute willy puller for getting sent off and suspended but this begs the question why was Kermogant not used as a target man in the first match? This was a failing on Pearson's part, in my opinion.

Everyone misses penalties at some stage in their career.

Hopefully he will repay Nige's faith in him next season.

:scarf: :scarf:

Yes, Kermo made a mistake last night

People seem to be forgetting that Waghorn missed his penalty as well, nobodys said a word about his being saved.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not a massive Kermo fan at the best of times, but for people to be getting on his back like this because he missed his penalty is crazy. Waghorn took his better yes,but he still missed.

After the season he's had, with some of his own fans getting on his back, it was pretty fu<king brave for him to step up and take one. Having said that, it was a stupid penalty in that situation.

I think i can vouch for all the guys that have said what Kermit did was stupid.

It isn't because he missed a penalty... Anyone can miss a penalty! It was trying some clever shit and missing that has pissed us off. In my opinion, if you're gonna be cocky/clever on such an occasion then the concequences will be far greater for failing so you better score. He didn't. Therefor, he's gotta be able to handle alot of us being pissed off!

He's done it now, I'm sure he'll be feeling gutted like the rest of us, but he knows he's got to turn it around next season. I hope the crowd don't get on his back (I'm sure they will though) and he can put this to the back of his mind.

Playing a key role in winning the Championship next season will do for me, Yann.

I'll clap you when your name is read out, I want you to do well. David Speedie managed to win over the fans, you can too.

I honestly cannot believe that some of you out there are not blaming Kermorgant for our exit last night, you simply know nothing about football.

You only have to look at the reaction of his team-mates and most importantly NP, to realise that.

He has scored just one goal, in a meaningless game this season and has done nothing constructive since joining us.

I never want to see him in a Leicester City shirt ever again, he should go down as one of the club's villains.

It was an absolutely disgraceful decision to try something of that ilk and flamboyancy when the stakes were so high.

Agree, Kermo should not have tried that. If he's have taken a decent penalty, not a cocky one, and missed, this wouldn't be an issue. Its the arrogancce factor.

I honestly cannot believe that some of you out there are not blaming Kermorgant for our exit last night, you simply know nothing about football.

You only have to look at the reaction of his team-mates and most importantly NP, to realise that.

He has scored just one goal, in a meaningless game this season and has done nothing constructive since joining us.

I never want to see him in a Leicester City shirt ever again, he should go down as one of the club's villains.

It was an absolutely disgraceful decision to try something of that ilk and flamboyancy when the stakes were so high.

Peter Taylor is a villian he sent us into turmoil

Yeah he missed his peno but its done now, as repayment from the lad ill take a 93rd minute overhead kick to win us the game against Leeds :thumbup:

I have been in that situation -- penalty shootout, semi-finals of the playoffs. Admittedly it was only in an amateur Sunday league with about 3 people watching! I was the eighth penalty taker on our team. I didn't have any delusions of being di Canio so I didn't chip it down the middle.

As stated by someone above, it's the arrogance factor that grates.

Well then surely it's Pearson's fault for signing him, bringing him on in so many matches and letting him take a penalty?

I really don't get why people don't like him. Obviously last night he did probably the most stupid thing I've ever seen in a football match but penalty aside, he does his job. He's unbelievable in the air, not only does he invariably win long balls he also does a solid defensive duty - he won two or three headers in our own box in ET. He has a decent range of passing and generally looks composed on the ball.

I honestly think you can attribute most of his mistakes over the last two games (penalty aside) to trying too hard. I'll back him next season if he stays.

Couldn't agree more, I think he could be more than useful next year, I'm not going to sit here and defend his penalty because quite frankly is was shocking, the lad definitely has the mental strength to overcome this.

Judging by some of the ridiculous comments in this thread, whether or not the fans let let him get over it remain to be seen. :rolleyes:

Oakley hasn't scored a single goal all season.

Wellens hadn't scored a single goal all season until the penalty he took.

Had the penalty gone in he would have been a hero, but the fact is we did amazing to get 3-1 up, and then blew it. We should never have let it get to extra time. We were at Wembley with 25 minutes left.

It's going to be tough for the players to pick themselves up for next season, NP may even leave. Not many fans pre-season predicted we would sit in the playoffs for the entire season and come so close to Wembley and probably the PL. Now fans expectations will be so high for next season.

This season i would have been pleased with a top half finish, next season i will be disappointed if we're not well in the playoff mix again.

I was angry at Kermorgant, I was angry at the Asst Ref, I was angry at the Ref but it's water under the bridge and the start of another day. I'm now thinking about next season.

Here's to auto-promotion.:thumbup:

The whole thing's going to touch a raw nerve for weeks to come. I like the guy but I can't forgive him so soon for attempting such a silly penalty. Everything that needs to be said has been so I'm not gonna go on a massive rant but he sure as hell knows he's partly to blame and will have to make it up to a lot of city fans next season.

Oakley hasn't scored a single goal all season.

Wellens hadn't scored a single goal all season until the penalty he took.

Had the penalty gone in he would have been a hero, but the fact is we did amazing to get 3-1 up, and then blew it. We should never have let it get to extra time. We were at Wembley with 25 minutes left.

It's going to be tough for the players to pick themselves up for next season, NP may even leave. Not many fans pre-season predicted we would sit in the playoffs for the entire season and come so close to Wembley and probably the PL. Now fans expectations will be so high for next season.

This season i would have been pleased with a top half finish, next season i will be disappointed if we're not well in the playoff mix again.

fooking hell, this is the reason why i don't post in here, you're all completely fooking moronic.

I have said from the early parts of the season Oakley is utter garbage, that is why NP brought in Spearing.

Wellens has been outstanding throughout the campaign and he isn't a striker, so his primary role is not to score goals.

There is no way you can blame NP for bringing him here, either, because there is not once single person you can blame for Yann deciding to chip a penalty with the shootout delicately poised at 3-3.

If you're saying we shouldn't have blown it, then you should take into consideration that an elementary officiating error led to the penalty, because Chopra was offside.

And here we go with the pessimism that everyone will leave, again.

It's honestly boring.

fooking hell, this is the reason why i don't post in here, you're all completely fooking moronic.

I have said from the early parts of the season Oakley is utter garbage, that is why NP brought in Spearing.

Wellens has been outstanding throughout the campaign and he isn't a striker, so his primary role is not to score goals.

There is no way you can blame NP for bringing him here, either, because there is not once single person you can blame for Yann deciding to chip a penalty with the shootout delicately poised at 3-3.

If you're saying we shouldn't have blown it, then you should take into consideration that an elementary officiating error led to the penalty, because Chopra was offside.

And here we go with the pessimism that everyone will leave, again.

It's honestly boring.

You have made me realise why this forum has a feedback feature :thumbup:

Although, I don't agree with the earlier post, I don't think he should be a villan of the club. I'd give him a few games at the start of next season, see if he works hard over pre-season and give him a chance to win back the support. If he still does nothing, then get rid.

No one has seemed to mention Waghorn's chance in the dying minutes of extra time (apologies if this has been posted).

He had a chance to win the game but tried a completely foolish lob with the outside of his boot from about 7 yards out AND at an acute angle when he had time to take it down and shoot.

If we go down the route of blaming individuals there is no end to the number of people we could blame.

There's no point placing blame with anyone - it won't change what happened. Yes Yann was stupid but it's over now.

It's a team game - we win together and we lose together.

No one has seemed to mention Waghorn's chance in the dying minutes of extra time (apologies if this has been posted).

He had a chance to win the game but tried a completely foolish lob with the outside of his boot from about 7 yards out AND at an acute angle when he had time to take it down and shoot.

If we go down the route of blaming individuals there is no end to the number of people we could blame.

I don't think we should be blaming anyone. waghorn has been great this season but had a very poor game yesterday - nerves and trying too hard I think.

Archived