Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

I see what you were trying to do... unlucky, we're talking inches from making yourself a hero.

It's alright for you arm chair twats dissing him, but ever put yourself in that pressure pot situation and you'll realise the pressures involved.

right left right left and kermo had tried to play it centre. He got a bit of an instep on it and fooked us all off. it happens.... Kermo forever

Don't be daft. As someone who's taken a pen in a shootout I know that trying to be clever is just about the most ridiculous thing to do. If you're gonna go middle you've got to hit it clean and hard, and if you don't back yourself to do that then you probably shouldn't be taking one in the first place.

It was a ridiculous gamble to take that kind of penalty. That sort of chip is probably the most difficult type of penalty you can take - you could execute it badly by under-chipping (like Kermo did), over-chipping (and hitting the bar or lobbing it over), or executing it perfectly but the keeper stands in the spot and easily catches it.

In a play-off semi final you can't afford to take these risks or gamble on a penalty like that. All the fans around me at the ground were not exactly pleased when Kermo stepped up, and our fears were vindicated when he did that. It was foolish. Nobody is blaming Waggy for missing because at least he struck it well and the keeper pulled off a good save. Kermo's penalty was laughable, even the Cardiff fans on the way out were saying how they want to thank him for doing that.

Seeing the look on Nigel Pearsons face to his penalty and his fellow players I would imagine he will be sitting on the back of the coach this evening on the way home, only Neilson seemed to console him. I guess had it gone in we would all be on this message board saying how great it was, unfortunatley it went wrong, but stupid time to play Eric Cantona!! I am all for Kermogrant leaving the club, dropped a big bollock at the wrong time

You lot are an absolute joke.

A million and one things happen in a football match. If's, but's and maybe's. You can't go blaming one incident in a game that lasted over 2 hours.

Kermit had the balls to take the penalty. He'll be feeling worse than anyone else and him standing there with his hands on his head summed it up. As someone else said, even the best player's miss penalties. It wasn't even the penalty to win the match. Cardiff's penalties had all been superb. "Sell Kermogant" etc, I feel the reaction would have been very different if it were Fryatt who had done that.

We've got a good squad, a great manager and the future is bright.

Don't be daft. As someone who's taken a pen in a shootout I know that trying to be clever is just about the most ridiculous thing to do. If you're gonna go middle you've got to hit it clean and hard, and if you don't back yourself to do that then you probably shouldn't be taking one in the first place.

Yeah, I'm sure your penalty had £90+ million and the hopes of thousands of fans involved with it.

Lay off the guy! It went wrong tonight, but had the keeper gone an inch further, it was in and we would all have said what a great pressure penalty it was! The guy has talent and i want to see him here next season. We didn't expect to be in with any chance tonight and i am proud of every player that took to the field tonight.

If say Waghorn had tried the chip and missed would we all be moaning at him NO! Why Kermogant?

Of course we would, or at least I would. You can't just presume we're having a pop because it's Kermogant. It was a ridiculous penalty, and that's all we're criticising.

It wasn't even the penalty to win the match. Cardiff's penalties had all been superb. "Sell Kermogant" etc, I feel the reaction would have been very different if it were Fryatt who had done that.

We've got a good squad, a great manager and the future is bright.

Our penalties, the first three, were superb. I bet Berner, Howard and Solano were bricking it but they didn't try to be clever, they knew that power and placement towards the corner has a better chance of scoring than chipping it down the middle. Fryatt was heavily criticised for his miss on Sunday, even his penalty miss vs Oldham last season. I have no doubts any player taking a kick like that and missing would be lynched.

To me, penalties like that are for training sessions, pre-season games etc, not in crucial play-off semi-finals. I have no axe to grind with Kermorgant, I like him as a player, but it was too risky in that situation.

Given the whole 'ball not going in the net at penalties' vibe that we're getting just so worked up about, you might argue that Waghorn's gentle, waist-high practice shot was symptomatic of a petulant little Mackam who, having been dropped for the game and safe in the knowledge that he'll be playing Premiership football next year whatever, left his brain at the centre spot and delivererd an equally rancid penalty to the one that Kermorgant dribbled out.

But no sensible person would think that.

I think, a lot of people feel Kermorgant has contributed fairly little this season, which is fairly true, but he didn't really have many opportunities.

If Kermorgant stays he has a lot to do to try and make it up to the fans, hopefully, that's what he'll do.

Why mix it up though?!

Keep it simple. There wasn't even enough power on his chip as the keeper went to the side and still was able to reach it.

Agree, wasn't the time for messing around, just keep it simple like the first 3 pens.

If say Waghorn had tried the chip and missed would we all be moaning at him NO! Why Kermogant?

I would. Stupid thing to do at such a crucial time no matter who did it.

Appreciation thread? lol

Fuck off, the guy had a penalty in probably the most crucial game he'll every play in and he hits the worst penalty I have ever seen in my life.

If he smashes it and misses it then fair enough for that was no the time to trying that fancy shit.

Our penalties, the first three, were superb. I bet Berner, Howard and Solano were bricking it but they didn't try to be clever, they knew that power and placement towards the corner has a better chance of scoring than chipping it down the middle. Fryatt was heavily criticised for his miss on Sunday, even his penalty miss vs Oldham last season. I have no doubts any player taking a kick like that and missing would be lynched.

To me, penalties like that are for training sessions, pre-season games etc, not in crucial play-off semi-finals. I have no axe to grind with Kermorgant, I like him as a player, but it was too risky in that situation.

I played in a high school semi final once and got PICKED to take a penalty. Absolutely crapping myself I stepped up needing to score and ended up hitting it straight down the middle with no pace at all. Out the cup.

You don't know the situation, Kermit may have volunteered and no-one else wanted to take one. I would have thought King would have had one, but maybe he wasn't brave enough to step up. Kermit was, but missed. He had the balls to do it, you have to respect that. I would never volunteer to take one as I couldn't handle the pressure of letting so many people down.

There's a difference between being confident enough to take one and being over-confident like he was. It's alright if we were 3 or 4-0 up in normal time and he attempted the cheeky chip. Maybe we wouldn't be so angry if that was the case.

But with so much at stake, there was just no need to be so cocky.

Twattish but he knows it, his team mates know it and Pearson knows it. Dwelling on it will do fuck all good for anybody and the last thing anyone wants to happen is our amazing team spirit being shattered by this. Move on, hope Cardiff get done in the final and start planning for next season.

I don't blame Kermo he tried and he failed it might have been 'cheeky' but if it went in the story would be totally different.

Roll on the World Cup and then roll on next season where we can come back and go 1 better.

Wiki's been updated remarkably quickly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yann_Kermorgant

Play-offs

On the 12th of May 2010, in the second leg semi final play off against Cardiff City in Wales, the game was tied at 3-3 on aggregate and the only thing left to decide from the two teams was kicks from the penalty mark. With penalties even at 2-2, Kermorgant stepped up to the spot, with general acceptance that he would score. However, a stupid, cocky and audacious chipped effort was saved by Cardiff Citys David Marshall. Subsequently, the Welsh Blues scored their next penalty, and Waghorn missed, sending Cardiff through to the 2009-2010 Play-off Final at Wembley on the 23rd May 2010. Kermorgant was ridiculed on Facebook, with some supporters telling him to "die" and some even insulting his nationality.

Archived