Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

Conceded the free kick in leg 1, and then that, for anyone still wondering what Kermorgant's role was this season, it was to totally ruin it almost single handed.

I would like to see him stay and score some goals next season, but can see him going pretty swift TBH.

the guy has been poor on the pitch all season dispite people saying he looks quality in training etc.

he had his chance to show some kind of gut and quality. Instead he took one of the worst penalties I have ever seen.

Either he was been stupid, or he was very nervous and in that case he should just have blasted it down the middle like beckham did vs argentina.

If he gets a thread, every other individual in the squad should get an Appreciation thread.

What he did was ****ing stupid, and he knows it. We all know it.

No way does he deserve this kind of thread or praise.

come on leave him alone .it was a awful penalty but he plays for lcfc so get behind him for next season don't slag him off

fook right off, a Dwight Yorke chip is one thing but the keeper dived the other way and STILL SAVED IT. Absolute disgrace. Save that shit for ligue 2 in France.

get over it support the players and club it wasn't to be up the foxes

What he did tonight was fooking stupid.

Total fooking idiot, who needs releasing.

what you on with realease him where's you're support for the player his a lcfc player

I've posted on the other threads about Kermo - lambast him, he was a silly boy. But to get on his back 'just because' would be inane and make you look very stupid. Echo comments on here about the pressure etc... are people assuming we'd have won the shootout if he'd scored? No guarantee of that - silly boy, criticise him but lay off him. I want him here next year - I thought he's starting to show his ability...

And if he'd have hit the bar or post and missed would people still be spitting their dummies out? Get over it

at last some one with common sense

I've held off on commenting on Kermit till this morning as i think there would be enough knee jerk reaction and to be fair my feelings have mellowed a bit from completely fcukin livid to a seething mass of angry.

What he did was completely indefensible and i find it shocking that there are members on here trying to do just that. There is a time and a place to try new and extravagent things for example:

- In training

- In the garden with the kids

- when your having a kick about sunday morings

There are times when not to try new things especially when you have:

- 100m at stake for a club close to going out of existence a few years earlier.

- Played 40+ games in a season to get to this point.

- Got fans in the stands singing your name, urging you to hammer the ball into the net.

Trying something different is all well and good, but trying somehing different in that position is un-forgivable the only reason I can see for him trying such a thing is pure self promotion and vanity... It broke my heart to see Waggy slumped face down in the dirt, Howard close to tears and the humility of both Pearson and especially Mark Kennedy after the game.

I see what you were trying to do... unlucky, we're talking inches from making yourself a hero.

It's alright for you arm chair twats dissing him, but ever put yourself in that pressure pot situation and you'll realise the pressures involved.

right left right left and kermo had tried to play it centre. He got a bit of an instep on it and fooked us all off. it happens.... Kermo forever

I'm sorry, Colly, but absolutely not. I'm not some armchair twat, I'm not some brainless, scapegoating fan. I'm not the sort of person that gets up here and starts screaming for people's necks whenever we lose a game. I also accept that, really, over the two legs Cardiff were the better team. I will hold my hand up and say, as cruel as it was on us, they probably deserved to go through.

But the penalty wasn't him succumbing to the pressures. He didn't blast it over or hit it a little too weakly. He didn't "fail" in the typical sense, it wasn't an error to be forgiven for. It was a moment of utter stupidity and a typical attempt to be flash. How often do we see people try to be "clever" from the penalty spot and balls it up?

I can't stand all this "he'd have been a hero if he got it right" stuff. For two reasons, firstly, even if he'd scored I'd still be annoyed - I always am when I see this from pens. Secondly, no he wouldn't, he'd have been just another one of five guys to step up and take one.

Did he, single handedly, lose us the game? No. But was what he did defensible? No. And absolutely, certainly, definitely not by claiming it was down to the pressures of the situation or anything like that.

the guy has made a silly error of judgement on the football pitch. just so happens it was in a crucial game.

can we as supporters put this to one side and support him and allow him to build a career with us? i can and i will. doesn't take away the frustration you feel as a fan about why he tried it.

you can see for yourself that he has tried and succeeded it on youtube before so the guy had the confidence to pull it off. just the wrong situation to try it.

i had a thought he would try that earlier in the night if we got to penalties as it would be typical for him to miss like that as the knives had started to come out for him before. was delighted for him when he scored against the boro as it showed what i think, that there is a good player in there but when you only show it in fits and bursts supporters get impatient and after last night you just sound daft sticking up for guys like that (de vries etc etc......). but i will support him cos i see nothing in barracking your own players and he is one of the lads.

yes, what was he thinking,i do hope he is allowed to build a career here but.............

He made a split second decision that he thought was the right thing to do. Sometimes these decisions turn out to be bad, but you have to look at the wider picture...

Next season could be our year...

I dont know what he was thinking, i am sure they would have practised pens in training, and if was doing that in practice, Pearson would have told him not to be so fancy footed and just smash it in

he has scored 1 goal all season ffs, so its not like he is brimming in confidence :frusty:

However,He will be distraught more than any of us, he was the one there on the spot, and not us, so only he knows what happened

disappointed, really disappointed and truly gutted we are not going to wembley, but i am not blaming the frog.....well maybe just a little until it sinks in we lost

Kermit is a silly boy. Pure gutted.

I don't know whether to back him or hate him. You can't imagine how he felt when he was just standing on the pitch at the end with his hands on his head. Maybe he needs another season with us in the Championship and that could prove to be the making of him. Overall, Nigel isn't going to get rid of him so we're stuck with him for at least another season, it's up to him now to put in the performances to win us back!

It's nothing to do with the fact it's Kermogant, if any player would have tried that crap they would be getting the same abuse. The most important game we have had in years is not the time for it, just smash it, everybody misses from time to time and fair play to him for stepping up but there is no excuse for that attempt.

Maybe he got the idea from Richie Wellens?

Though I don't rate Kermo as a player at all, I'm not worked up about the stupidity or otherwise of his peno miss.

What Tev says ^^^^ basically, though I'm not confident that the crowd will ever forgive him.

Balls the size of Watermelons but a brain the size of a pea.

Unlucky Yann. You owe the fans next year.

Yann has obviously got talent, we saw that with his first City goal, it just hasn't quite clicked for him here, yet.

I don't think anyone will dispute that this outcry is not due to him missing the penalty, but more to do with the manner in which he missed.

Those who say that the miss was down to him bottling it are out of their mind, he was too cocky, and when you have so much riding on winning the game, you don't take a chance like that.

Also, you can't compare it to Fryatts miss. Yan had time to think about where he was going to place it, Fryatt's miss was in the middle of the game, with a defender at his side and a keeper bearing down on him.

I hope he stays, he's got talent, he just needs an attitude change over the summer - a fairly big one at that.

I'm sorry, Colly, but absolutely not. I'm not some armchair twat, I'm not some brainless, scapegoating fan. I'm not the sort of person that gets up here and starts screaming for people's necks whenever we lose a game. I also accept that, really, over the two legs Cardiff were the better team. I will hold my hand up and say, as cruel as it was on us, they probably deserved to go through.

But the penalty wasn't him succumbing to the pressures. He didn't blast it over or hit it a little too weakly. He didn't "fail" in the typical sense, it wasn't an error to be forgiven for. It was a moment of utter stupidity and a typical attempt to be flash. How often do we see people try to be "clever" from the penalty spot and balls it up?

I can't stand all this "he'd have been a hero if he got it right" stuff. For two reasons, firstly, even if he'd scored I'd still be annoyed - I always am when I see this from pens. Secondly, no he wouldn't, he'd have been just another one of five guys to step up and take one.

Did he, single handedly, lose us the game? No. But was what he did defensible? No. And absolutely, certainly, definitely not by claiming it was down to the pressures of the situation or anything like that.

Yay Finnegan. This is exactly how I feel. I'm not making him a scapegoat for last night (I was annoyed in the heat of the moment after the game and may have called him a cunt) but he was a bit of a silly bastard for trying what he did when he did.

I hope he catches aids

Tw*t

lol

Archived