Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

There's no point placing blame with anyone - it won't change what happened. Yes Yann was stupid but it's over now.

It's a team game - we win together and we lose together.

Exactly. Why should anyone be to 'blame'? They put in an unbelievably whole-hearted, committed display in a hostile environment and almost did it. Heroes, the lot of them.

I don't think we should be blaming anyone. waghorn has been great this season but had a very poor game yesterday - nerves and trying too hard I think.

This.

Let's stop the Kermo bashing

Nobody is blaming Waghorn because he was under even more pressure because of the disgusting attempt by Kermogant before, at least he went for the corner with some pace.

no he put it at a perfect hight for marshall - you go high into the top corner or low into the bottom corner not waist hieght because if it is right in either corner the keeper doesn't save it. simple as.

Why don't you all just lay off? He made a costly mistake and so?

Many players have made costly mistakes before now for any team or even nation (hume penalty v Sheff wed in 08, Zidanes Headbutt, Rooneys stamp on carvalhos groin ,Beckham kicking out at simone, Howard's red card v watford, Waghorn's attempt last night ). Just give him a chance to re-deem himself next season.

Yann has single handedly just bought me a holiday. For this he should be rewarded.

I really don't get why people don't like him. Obviously last night he did probably the most stupid thing I've ever seen in a football match but penalty aside, he does his job. He's unbelievable in the air, not only does he invariably win long balls he also does a solid defensive duty - he won two or three headers in our own box in ET. He has a decent range of passing and generally looks composed on the ball.

I honestly think you can attribute most of his mistakes over the last two games (penalty aside) to trying too hard. I'll back him next season if he stays.

This I agree with.

I can see a good player in Yann. And who know's if he hadn't have come on last night we might not have even made it to pens, because I would have been surprised to see Vaughan or Dany winning some of the balls he did later on.

Howard was the root cause of this in my opinion. He should never have got himself sent off and we'd have had him for the home leg. He's clearly in good form and let the side down as much as anyone else by ruling himself out. And don't give us rubbish about "Yann's penalty lost it, not Howard", because if we could have played 4-4-2 in the home leg who knows what might have happened. We cant blame Pearson either, because I wouldnt have fancied a Waggy/Fryatt partnership against Cardiff, and if he had started Kermo at home, all the anti Kermo's would have moaned anyway. So that only left him with the lone striker option.

Let's face it, the game was lost by a poor performance in the home leg.

To end positively, what a fantastic season! I sincerely hope Waggy will return, I think its possible. And a couple of other players, namely wing back cover and some creativity in midfield, and we're gunning for top spot with Pearson at the helm :scarf:

fooking hell, this is the reason why i don't post in here, you're all completely fooking moronic.

I have said from the early parts of the season Oakley is utter garbage, that is why NP brought in Spearing.

Wellens has been outstanding throughout the campaign and he isn't a striker, so his primary role is not to score goals.

There is no way you can blame NP for bringing him here, either, because there is not once single person you can blame for Yann deciding to chip a penalty with the shootout delicately poised at 3-3.

If you're saying we shouldn't have blown it, then you should take into consideration that an elementary officiating error led to the penalty, because Chopra was offside.

And here we go with the pessimism that everyone will leave, again.

It's honestly boring.

Yes but you're not just slagging off Kermo's penalty - you said he ''has done nothing constructive since joining us'.

Therefore surely, by your logic, that's Pearson's fault for signing him, bringing him on in so many games and allowing him to take a penalty?

s1q4d5.gif

If he blasted the ball and it ended up 20 yards over the bar into Row Z, people wouldn't even slate him. Roberto Baggio did that in a World Cup final.

But that is just outrageously audacious. To take such a fancy pen in what will probably be the most crucial intense game Yann will ever play in is just moronic at the highest order. Players miss penalties all the game. This was well out of order though.

If he blasted the ball and it ended up 20 yards over the bar into Row Z, people wouldn't even slate him. Roberto Baggio did that in a World Cup final.

But that is just outrageously audacious. To take such a fancy pen in what will probably be the most crucial intense game Yann will ever play in is just moronic at the highest order. Players miss penalties all the game. This was well out of order though.

My thoughts exactly. Why oh why did he just not blast it.....

It still hurts :(

Because he thought this way would score - he's done it before and the keeper was down. He certainly wasn't doing it to be flashy!

There's two things that can happen.

Kermorgant shrinks away, the crowd get on his back, and he never recovers.

Or,

He becomes desperate to make amends, and plays out of his skin week in week out to try and reclaim his self respect and win the hearts of the fans.

I hope it is the latter statement.

Because he thought this way would score - he's done it before and the keeper was down. He certainly wasn't doing it to be flashy!

Er...he was.

None of ou other penalty-takers or Cardiff's penalty-takers tried it.

It's blatant cockiness and cheekiness which at the end of the day was unnecessary.

I really hate this whole blaming Kermorgant thing. He just bottled under the pressure, you can't fucking fault him for that - I'd have been beside myself if I had to take such an important penalty at that time.

Sorry but if Pearson had picked me out the stand to take a peno I can assure you I wouldn't have been trying anything clever or unusual - you seem to be forgetting that Waghorn missed a penalty just as much as Kermogant did, but he's not getting this abuse because he took his just how we would all have wanted him to and was foiled by a great save.

None of the City players should be in for any stick. They had Cardiff well beaten last night. If you need to rant at anyone then it should be at the officials. If they had done there jobs properly then Chopra would have been flagged offside. This thread would now be about stuffIng Blackpool in the final instead.

It's alright for you arm chair twats dissing him, but ever put yourself in that pressure pot situation and you'll realise the pressures involved.

right left right left and kermo had tried to play it centre. He got a bit of an instep on it and fooked us all off. it happens.... Kermo forever

I wasn't at the game last night but I'm not an armchair twat, I've been to watch Leicester at least 500 times through thick and thin, just had a bad season of attendance this time because of circumstances. Last season I went to 95% of home games and many away games in League 1. I've even walked 20 miles to watch Leicester so I would consider myself a true fan.

A penalty is a simple job as long as you concentrate. Just pick a square metre to aim at and make sure you put the ball there. Yann obviously wasn't concentrating properly because he didn't even connect with the ball how he wanted. People can say what they think about his penalty if they want to cos it really was pathetic.

We had all been through hell and back in the last 2 games but especially so last night. The team had put absolutely everything into that 120 minutes last night and Yann then went and threw away their effort with a useless crack at a penalty. Deserves a bit of stick in my opinion.

Jack Hobbs turning around (8.16ish)

:cry:

It hurts too much! :cry: I feel so bad for waggy! Shows how much in love with this club he has fallen this season. The poor lad. Feel sorry for kermo as well if it had come off then he would have been the hero! Football is such a cruel cruel game!

Bring on next season though. I have a feeling we might see Waggy back here next season, he doesn't seem the sort to leave a job half done. :appl:

If say Waghorn had tried the chip and missed would we all be moaning at him NO! Why Kermogant?

I'd of said the same thing about any man who took that penalty in this particular shootout. And I'd of said it to their face in the changing room afterwards if I was a squad member.

Guest Mee-9

fooking hell, this is the reason why i don't post in here, you're all completely fooking moronic.

I have said from the early parts of the season Oakley is utter garbage, that is why NP brought in Spearing.

Wellens has been outstanding throughout the campaign and he isn't a striker, so his primary role is not to score goals.

There is no way you can blame NP for bringing him here, either, because there is not once single person you can blame for Yann deciding to chip a penalty with the shootout delicately poised at 3-3.

If you're saying we shouldn't have blown it, then you should take into consideration that an elementary officiating error led to the penalty, because Chopra was offside.

And here we go with the pessimism that everyone will leave, again.

It's honestly boring.

I gave you +1 too. Maddog can be an absoulete penis at times. He's probably one of the most negative people on here :P

Archived