Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

Guest Mee-9

Why blame Kermorgant. Penalties are a flip of a coin. Not always the better team win. I couldn't watch the penalty shoot out, I had prepared myself that we lost.

You can't blame Kermorgant for missing a penalty, Waghorn isn't getting blamed. We were just unlucky.

Coming from a Nottingham Forest fan I was loving it last night and I'm glad Cardiff went through. However, I thought Leicester played exceptionally well and took it to Cardiff. Something we didn't manage to do to Blackpool over two legs. I know how you're all feeling and its crap but I think both Forest and Leicester will have even better seasons next year. At least we get to play each other again :)

Predictions for Wembley - Blackpool to win.

If he had done a Wellens vs Boro we would have said it was class, he underhit the peno. simple, everyone makes mistakes & I forgive him for that.

However.........

He is what he is a Free transfer player, he is short of the mark for championship football, I really don't see what NP see's in him.

We have Vaughn & N'Guessain on the bench both I would have put ahead of Yann. I was amazed that Vaughn did not make an appearance & around me fellow Leicester fans were like.... Why is Yann coming on. He has scored 1 goal this season. He came to us a s a striker from a 3rd teir French side. He is what he is.

This is not after the event bitterness... We were told that this guy would compete against Howard for the target man role, but he fall well short of that. Then he appears in midfield as some sort of creative player, but is he any better than King or Wellens?

He should be shown the door, but not because of last night, but because of heis general inability to play to the standard that we require at Leiester/ :thumbup:

Coming from a Nottingham Forest fan I was loving it last night and I'm glad Cardiff went through. However, I thought Leicester played exceptionally well and took it to Cardiff. Something we didn't manage to do to Blackpool over two legs. I know how you're all feeling and its crap but I think both Forest and Leicester will have even better seasons next year. At least we get to play each other again :)

Predictions for Wembley - Blackpool to win.

you tit

Guest Mee-9
:dunno: Many leicester fans joined the facebook group, "I'm Good at penalties lol Jk. I'm Yann Kermorgant"

If he had done a Wellens vs Boro we would have said it was class, he underhit the peno. simple, everyone makes mistakes & I forgive him for that.

However.........

He is what he is a Free transfer player, he is short of the mark for championship football, I really don't see what NP see's in him.

We have Vaughn & N'Guessain on the bench both I would have put ahead of Yann. I was amazed that Vaughn did not make an appearance & around me fellow Leicester fans were like.... Why is Yann coming on. He has scored 1 goal this season. He came to us a s a striker from a 3rd teir French side. He is what he is.

This is not after the event bitterness... We were told that this guy would compete against Howard for the target man role, but he fall well short of that. Then he appears in midfield as some sort of creative player, but is he any better than King or Wellens?

He should be shown the door, but not because of last night, but because of heis general inability to play to the standard that we require at Leiester/ :thumbup:

I would sooner have seen Vaughan or N'Guessan, I reckon they would have punished Cardiffs tired legs. I think the reason Pearson brought Yann on was just in case we scored, he could drop back into midfield to help protect the lead.

He's just signed a new 2-year contract recently. Unless the club pays a hefty sum in compensation to release him because all these proper LCFC fans are getting on his back, you'll have to wait until 2012 before your pain is finally soothed.

Yann Kermorgant will get more chances to shine next season.

Some might be afraid of that. I'm not.

Allons-y, en avant!

You can't blame Kermorgant for missing a penalty, Waghorn isn't getting blamed. We were just unlucky.

Nobody is blaming Waghorn because he was under even more pressure because of the disgusting attempt by Kermogant before, at least he went for the corner with some pace.

He's made an error of judgement about how to take the kick and compounded it by executing it poorly, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he meant it to go in. After three excellent penalties I don't really even blame him for doing something a bit different, I just wish it hadn't been THAT.

It's a horror show though and I can see why people are cross. The only positive I can take from it is that it should motivate him to make a big contribution next season, assuming he's still here

I'll admit i was the first to flip out a kermo when he did that peno, and was really pee'd off at him. Now i think aobut it and clamed down, you have to realise that if it went in everyone would have been praising huim for doing that, unfortunatly however, it didn't work out for him. These thigns happen, but at least we have made it this far and to come from league 1 and in with a chance to get to the Prem, i would say its been a great effort b all the player and staff. Unlucky kermo, you just got to come back stronger, and so do the players.

Appreciation thread? lol

Fuck off, the guy had a penalty in probably the most crucial game he'll every play in and he hits the worst penalty I have ever seen in my life.

If he smashes it and misses it then fair enough for that was no the time to trying that fancy shit.

Agreed, not the time or place to even think about trying such a thing, absolutely woeful.

This guy has done **** all this season and sincerely hope that based on his whole time at the club, that we don't persist with him. Just contrast him to Steve Howard, who was a real hero last night, won everything, this guy isn't on the same planet. I'll happily drive him to Dover.

It's ok doing fancy penalties and shit but for christ sakes there is a time and a place and Playoff Semi Final IS NOT THE TIME TO DO IT. A WHOLE SEASON is on the line. Not a cup run, not some pre season friendly tournament but a chance to have a completely different year next season. A season in the prem! and we were so close i'm gutted.

No one blames waghorn because the keeper made a great save and it was a nice penalty. Kermit chiped it so slow that the keeper had a chance to dive, get it wrong, and still catch the ball.

I'm always behind the team! Bring on next season! But you better impress us this year Kermit and make up for that stupidity.

If we're talking about stupidity costing the Play Offs then why isn't anyone having a go at Howard (as pointed out by a Cardiff fan in the other thread)?

Howard was the key last night and things could have been very different if he played the first leg and not foolishly got red-carded end of season?

Anyone?

If we're talking about stupidity costing the Play Offs then why isn't anyone having a go at Howard (as pointed out by a Cardiff fan in the other thread)?

Howard was the key last night and things could have been very different if he played the first leg and not foolishly got red-carded end of season?

Anyone?

Precisely. Cause and effect, a million and one things can happen.

For what it's worth, I thought Yann played well (again) when he came on. Won ALL his headers and was calm on the ball.

come on leave him alone .it was a awful penalty but he plays for lcfc so get behind him for next season don't slag him off

I think you'll find I very rarely get on a player's back after making mistakes in a match.

But considering Yann has hardly done much this season (it took him 8 months to get a goal, which admittedly was a pretty special goal), he was just in no position to try and be so cheeky. I would have had the same reaction of 'WTF?!' if any other player did it and that's no word of a lie.

If Yann stays at the club next season, then I'm all for it. Selling/releasing him won't do him any good to be honest. If he stays at the club, then of course I'll support him cos he plays for Leicester City.

Yann has single handedly just bought me a holiday. For this he should be rewarded.

I really don't get why people don't like him. Obviously last night he did probably the most stupid thing I've ever seen in a football match but penalty aside, he does his job. He's unbelievable in the air, not only does he invariably win long balls he also does a solid defensive duty - he won two or three headers in our own box in ET. He has a decent range of passing and generally looks composed on the ball.

I honestly think you can attribute most of his mistakes over the last two games (penalty aside) to trying too hard. I'll back him next season if he stays.

The guy tried what he thought was the right decision under immense pressure and fatigue. It didn't work out. However that doesn't excuse the vitriol being spouted on this thread. Yann plays fairly well whenever he has come on and like others have said if he scored what happened to be a winning kick instead that clip would have been replayed a thousand times on youtube. If he didn't miss someone else would have. The way his missed is a moot point.

When Richie Wellens did it against Middlesbrough, the game meant nothing.

In a play off semi-final, no one should try that. It should have been smashed because we all know how hard he can hit a ball.

Waghorn was fully crying and couldn't hardly move, it wasn't his fault yet Kermogrant didn't comfort him. Yet, Kennedy, fair play to him, did.

Idiot Kermogrant, I'll never forget this.

When Richie Wellens did it against Middlesbrough, the game meant nothing.

In a play off semi-final, no one should try that. It should have been smashed because we all know how hard he can hit a ball.

Waghorn was fully crying and couldn't hardly move, it wasn't his fault yet Kermogrant didn't comfort him. Yet, Kennedy, fair play to him, did.

Idiot Kermogrant, I'll never forget this.

:frusty:

Sure you'll come to your senses in a few days. If he'd 'smashed' the ball and it flew over into row Z you'd probably be screaming "GET THE ****ER ON TARGET! WHY DIDN'T HE PLACE IT!?" Saying 'should' doesn't get anywhere. We all have regrets.

You've had 12 hours to digest and watch his kick a million times. He picked the ball up with 30,000 fans in the ground and countless more watching on the box and had to make an instant decision. He must have been confident to try that chip, surely that's what we want?

He must have been confident to try that chip, surely that's what we want?

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. We don't necessarily want confidence, we want competence. No matter how confident all the penalty takers looked last night, you just know that inside they were a nervous wreck, it's only natural. Confidence helps but it's all about technique and execution. You simply have to give the keeper something to do. Waghorn missed but at least he made Marshall earn his corn with a fabulous save.

Archived