Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

I hope when it gets to the point I start getting enraged about where a few football fans have put some stickers that someone will have the kindness to take me to one of those clinics in Switzerland.

How would you like to pay for it? Cash or card?

But I desgined them, so it makes them as straight as an arrow.

Says the guy who was going to enter a competition to do with Glee or Cheerleading.

• 1 year later...

Group effectively out of existence since the end of the 10-11 season Wymsey.

Maybe if you weren't so busy fingering random birds at uni you'd have noticed these things. :P

• 2 years later...

Seeing all these threads flying around about atmosphere at City games at the moment has got me thinking about atmosphere in general in this country, more specifically about the number of Ultras groups that have formed in recent years and attach themselves to various clubs up and down the land.

Movements such as the Green Brigade at Celtic and Jorvik Reds at York City have undoubtedly announced themselves as bona fide Ultras who carry out the sort of stunning visual displays (tifos) and choreographed chanting that you would would expect to find at games on the continent week in, week out (albeit perhaps not on the same scale).

In fact, we don’t even have to look beyond our own division to find the Holmesdale Fanatics at Palace, whose hard work over a number of years to win over hearts and minds at their club and change the culture of their fans appears to be paying dividends, and they are now spreading their message and the Ultra mentality to the masses at Selhurst Park. For my money they were one of the best home supports we’ve come up against in recent years, even outsinging us when we scored (and Leicester fans were on form that night too!)

We’ve also seen an increase in the usage of pyro (flares, smoke bombs etc.) in England too, including at our own games over the course of this season, in spite of the huge risks that users face by setting them off under the noses of the stewards and police.

While it does seem that a number of copycat groups have also been started who don’t really understand the scene or the culture (let’s face it, anyone can nick another team’s songbook, wave a flag around for thirty seconds before a game - after first being granted permission by their club’s safety officer to do so - and claim to be an Ultra), it does seem that something may be beginning to twig in the psyche of the English fan, and that people are beginning to question the stale atmospheres and overzealous policing & stewarding that they are forced to endure on a weekly bais throughout the season.

It got me wondering, is the mentality of the English football fan changing? Can this fledgling Ultras scene evolve into something more substantial in England, and are we soon going to see clued up groups springing up left, right and centre?

I’m not talking about club authorised singing sections or card displays, but genuine Ultras groups singing original songs, waving banners of rebellion and generally bringing the soul back to English football again.

Obviously English football has always had a unique culture and a flavour to its support which sadly seems to be found wanting at most grounds these days through a combination of factors – the monopoly Sky Sports has on the game and the affect that has had on the demogrpahics found at football grounds, fascist-acting Health & Safety officers, perhaps even the general apathy and stereotypically English attitude of the majority of supporters who seem content to do as they’re told by men in fluorescent jackets, but do no more than moan about it in retaliation.

Perhaps it’s time for a more radical approach to be adopted by those who want to save the soul of football in this country. Perhaps it’s time for the Ultras?

Genuinely interested to hear people’s opinions on this.

Green Brigade Corteo (March) to Hampden Park for Scottish Youth Cup final against Rangers

Jorvik Reds display at Woking

Can you explain what makes a Health & Safety officer doing his job a 'fascist' please?

The poster you are wumming in this thread posted the message you are replying to four and a half years ago.

Why do you create these identities and spurt this crap?

You are going to find yourself to be the crazy fat, lonely, liar on the football edition of the tv show Catfish.

Archived