Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

official champions league final thread

Blooming amazing stuff!

I was jumping up and down like a scouser!

Jerzy Dudek, didn't know anything about that save but flipping brilliant!

I've spoke to one of my best mates who is travelling around Oz, and it was 7am he was totally wankered and was loving it!

He said I quote "I've been on the Stella all day, I'm just going to twat the wife now" lol

What a great evening for British football, just hope there is no trouble through the night!

Awesome stuff, reminded me what its like, bought back the memories of wembley. Fair play to the scousers, have only been drinking red drinks tonight, in fact i think my blood may even be red today not blue.... ;)

What a game it was, when they equalized I couldn't believe it was for real.

At the end of the day Liverpool deserved to win because they fought back and held their nerves in the shoot out.

Liverpool, European champions again...who would of thought it :D

Never seen anything like it(Well spose wolves did it to us  :rolleyes:  :mad: But that wasn't exactly the champions league final was it :blink:)! Amazed!

Wanted Chelsea to get through to the final but its obviously the english team I want to win! C'Mon Liverpool!

(P.S...If it was Arsenal in the champions league final I wouldn't be supported them because IMO there are not english)

115139[/snapback]

Just remind me how many English players started today's game for Liverpool ..:rolleyes:

115162[/snapback]

English/British

Gerrard, Carragher, Finnan.

Don't take this for granted because i'm not 100% sure but how many english/british players played for arsenal saturday? I'm think 1 (Cole) as I said i'm not 100% sure but i'm quite sure...

Anyway 1 of the reason is the amount of foreigners in Arsenals team the other reason is I just hate them, simple as...

115167[/snapback]

I'm sure Finnan would love to be called English/British :rolleyes: . And to be honest, by now Liverpool have just as many foreigners as Arsenal so that comment is just bollox. Liverpool can hardly be described as more British than Arsenal on that basis :huh:

Anyway, back to the final...

115177[/snapback]

In all fairness the two players that have easily stood out for Liverpool throughout their Champion's League campaign are Jamie Carragher and Stevie Gerrard.

This is pure evidence that football is a beautiful game. For 2 hours if a die hard Leicester fan can forget all his troubles and sing and dance like a dickhead after the best game of football in years, you know you've just been taken over by pure passion of the game.

You can't even describe that feeling, it's what life is all about. I'm proud I witnessed that miracle last night, it doesn't matter that I don't support Liverpool I was still took over by it all and i'm buzzing today.

Steven Gerrard epitimises football, he's a hero.

This is pure evidence that football is a beautiful game. For 2 hours if a die hard Leicester fan can forget all his troubles and sing and dance like a dickhead after the best game of football in years, you know you've just been taken over by pure passion of the game.

You can't even describe that feeling, it's what life is all about. I'm proud I witnessed that miracle last night, it doesn't matter that I don't support Liverpool I was still took over by it all and i'm buzzing today.

115371[/snapback]

You know what, I totally agree with you there Hoof! First time for everything eh!

:thumbup:

115371[/snapback]

You know what, I totally agree with you there Hoof! First time for everything eh!

:thumbup:

115375[/snapback]

Cheers fella! How about a hug aswell? :D

I'm totally apathetic towards the whole thing.

It isn't like the game was 20 or so years ago, when English football could benefit from English players playing against Europe's finest.

Liverpool FC is a football club that happens to be based in England. I get no feeling of jingoist pride from this result. I can't see why everyone else is getting their knickers in a twist over it.

If City won the Champions League, qualifying by finishing 4th in the Premiership (which is the only realistic way we would do, and that's a pipe dream), do you think we would have the nation behind us, backing us all the way?

I don't think so.

I'm totally apathetic towards the whole thing.

It isn't like the game was 20 or so years ago, when English football could benefit from English players playing against Europe's finest.

Liverpool FC is a football club that happens to be based in England.  I get no feeling of jingoist pride from this result.  I can't see why everyone else is getting their knickers in a twist over it.

If City won the Champions League, qualifying by finishing 4th in the Premiership (which is the only realistic way we would do, and that's a pipe dream), do you think we would have the nation behind us, backing us all the way?

I don't think so.

115437[/snapback]

I don't care what you say, I still felt the passion of the game last night and it was brilliant.

Liverpool might have a hell of alot of foreigners playing for them, had a poor season in the league, etc but they did ****in brilliantly to beat Juventus, Chelsea and to come back from the dead and bury Milan. Now if that isn't what footballs all about and you don't feel a hint of passion then you perhaps should channel your energies elsewhere. I don't even like Liverpool especially, but for English football as a whole it is good that we've won the best competition in Europe. It's a great advocate for the premiership. I guarantee that any team in England that won The Champions League would get the nations backing, especially in the fashion that Liverpool won it.

I'm sorry to say this Lisa, but I question your motives. Your very cynical and at the end of the day is it worth it?

Chill out. I know it's your opinion, but you have some strange views.

I agree with Hoof , i dont really like Liverpool but when Jerzy saved Shevva's penno i just jumped for joy!

It was a great night for English football :)

Never seen anything like it(Well spose wolves did it to us  :rolleyes:  :mad: But that wasn't exactly the champions league final was it :blink:)! Amazed!

Wanted Chelsea to get through to the final but its obviously the english team I want to win! C'Mon Liverpool!

(P.S...If it was Arsenal in the champions league final I wouldn't be supported them because IMO there are not english)

115139[/snapback]

Just remind me how many English players started today's game for Liverpool ..:rolleyes:

115162[/snapback]

English/British

Gerrard, Carragher, Finnan.

Don't take this for granted because i'm not 100% sure but how many english/british players played for arsenal saturday? I'm think 1 (Cole) as I said i'm not 100% sure but i'm quite sure...

Anyway 1 of the reason is the amount of foreigners in Arsenals team the other reason is I just hate them, simple as...

115167[/snapback]

I'm sure Finnan would love to be called English/British :rolleyes: . And to be honest, by now Liverpool have just as many foreigners as Arsenal so that comment is just bollox. Liverpool can hardly be described as more British than Arsenal on that basis :huh:

Anyway, back to the final...

115177[/snapback]

In all fairness the two players that have easily stood out for Liverpool throughout their Champion's League campaign are Jamie Carragher and Stevie Gerrard.

115369[/snapback]

Yes, but you get my point, don't you? I was annoyed at another idiotic comment, and just wanted to make that clear...

115371[/snapback]

I've never sung my heart out for another team or gone as mad the way I did last night. Hopefully it will be the last time I will ever sing "COME ON YOU REDS!" ;)

I don't care what you say, I still felt the passion of the game last night and it was brilliant.

Liverpool might have a hell of alot of foreigners playing for them, had a poor season in the league, etc but they did ****in brilliantly to beat Juventus, Chelsea and to come back from the dead and bury Milan. Now if that isn't what footballs all about and you don't feel a hint of passion then you perhaps should channel your energies elsewhere. I don't even like Liverpool especially, but for English football as a whole it is good that we've won the best competition in Europe. It's a great advocate for the premiership. I guarantee that any team in England that won The Champions League would get the nations backing, especially in the fashion that Liverpool won it.

I'm sorry to say this Lisa, but I question your motives. Your very cynical and at the end of the day is it worth it?

115443[/snapback]

You what??

Questioning my motives? I think you need to chill out.

Firstly, I have made no comment about the game itself; as a neutral, it was an enjoyable game. I apologise whole-heartedly for not wanting any particular team to win.

Secondly, I would rather channel my energies towards supporting my own football team. Since when did I have to get emotionally involved in every other game I watch? To see my so-called fellow City fans whooping and hollering like plastic scousers is a bit unbelievable.

Cynical; most probably, but I'd rather be a cynic than a sycophant.

No offence.

its true if man u were in the final i'd want them to win it purely as they were an english team

but i was so happy yesterday not only cus an english team won it.. but they were my childhood team before i concentrated on leicester city more!!

the signs were there.. yesterday morning i found my old liverpool kit with CANDY written across it and the three stripes over one shoulder..

in the afternoon all over town people were wearing liverpool tops as i was..

in the evening i was the only lad with a liverpool shirt but i felt no ashame as people even gave me smiles..

then we won it!!!!!

I was at work watching the game last night, i was totally taken in when liverpool got 1 back from 3 nil down.

I totally forgot about my job, thats what the game did to me.

This is just amazing not only for Liverpool but also for English football as a whole.

Well done Stevie, Rafa and the boys!!

115443[/snapback]

You what??

Firstly, I have made no comment about the game itself; as a neutral, it was an enjoyable game. I apologise whole-heartedly for not wanting any particular team to win.

Secondly, I would rather channel my energies towards supporting my own football team. Since when did I have to get emotionally involved in every other game I watch? To see my so-called fellow City fans whooping and hollering like plastic scousers is a bit unbelievable.

No offence.

115459[/snapback]

I just often sense that you love to grumble about anything. I think before the game most people wanted Liverpool to win, but wouldn't be that arsed if they didn't. But how the game unfolded and the sheer determination in Gerrard's game has had an effect on me and alot of other people. That's what makes football so ****in good. The fact that fans freom all over the country that probably hate Liverpool for 51 weeks of the year suddently get caught up in 2 hours of madness and it's amazing.

Not everyone will feel the same way and for someone who didn't feel that passion may well find it odd how over the top people have gone. Apologies.

I still think your very cynical and if I find a post where you actually agree with something in football i'll be sure to highlight it. I don't question your support for Leicester, but I haven't ever read a post from you where you're generally happy with something.

115443[/snapback]

You what??

No offence.

115459[/snapback]

I just often sense that you love to grumble about anything. I think before the game most people wanted Liverpool to win, but wouldn't be that arsed if they didn't. But how the game unfolded and the sheer determination in Gerrard's game has had an effect on me and alot of other people. That's what makes football so ****in good. The fact that fans freom all over the country that probably hate Liverpool for 51 weeks of the year suddently get caught up in 2 hours of madness and it's amazing.

Not everyone will feel the same way and for someone who didn't feel that passion may well find it odd how over the top people have gone. Apologies.

I still think your very cynical and if I find a post where you actually agree with something in football i'll be sure to highlight it. I don't question your support for Leicester, but I haven't ever read a post from you where you're generally happy with something.

115486[/snapback]

Ha ha ha, if only you knew the real Lisa......

Archived