Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Blue to represent UK at Eurovision Song Contest

If anyone is interested.

bbc

Pop group Blue will represent the UK in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest, it has been announced.

The group, best known for hits such as One Love and All Rise, will sing their new single I Can for the competition in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Last year, the band who disbanded in 2005, reformed for a series of gigs.

Band member Simon Webbe said: "I've always wanted to represent my country, so this is a truly exciting experience for Blue."

The group formed in 2000 and since then have sold more than 13 million records, won two Brit Awards and had three number one singles.

Duncan James said the band are celebrating their 20th year together and thought participating in the annual contest seemed "a great way to mark the occasion".

A one-hour documentary, showing Blue's preparation for the Eurovision Song Contest, will be broadcast on BBC One in April.

It will feature them recording the single, travelling to Europe to promote the entry, and receiving advice from fellow artists in the music business.

BBC head of entertainment and events Katie Taylor said: "We're enormously pleased to have found an act that not only meets but exceeds all the criteria for a great entry.

"Blue are the perfect choice and we're so proud to have them representing us at this year's Eurovision Song Contest."

Last year Germany's entry Lena Mayer-Landrut, emerged triumphant at the Eurovision Song Contest.

Teenager Josh Dubovie, who represented the UK with a song penned by Pete Waterman, scored just 10 points, coming last.

The Eurovision Song Competition will take place on 14 May and be broadcast live on BBC One, with commentary by Graham Norton.

Ace, can't beat a bit of Blue, a pop act whose individual members can actually sing live. Anthony Costa was fantastic in Blood Brothers when I saw him in it.

Unfortunately songwriting skills leave a little to be desired. We need to have something quirky. Norway came third last year with Keep of Kalessin, Lordi have won in the past, Norway won two years ago with a folk ballad. Would like to see some decent UK acts getting a go.

• 1 month later...

And how can anyone have a problem with Eurovision?!

It gave us this, wonderful, beautiful gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHf1xhg1bHM

I don't feel like punching myself in the temple repeatedly at all. This man represented our country in 2006. And we wonder why we're at war so often.

IF YOU TREAT THE KIDS FINE, THEY WONT DO THE CRIME

• 3 weeks later...

Archived