Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

Just need to clarify

Has anyone else had the Dragon near the Labyrinthian spag out. The animation and physics go mental, and kills my frame rate. It gets stuck in the air. I killed it by hitting it with loads of arrows, but it just disappears, then the frame rate goes back to normal. I reloaded a save, but I haven't gone back to it since.

ANYWAY, the College of Winterhold quest was good enough to be the main storyline IMO. But it's great to walk out the college, and there's a fvcking Blood Dragon sitting on the structure going around the college.

Fvcking destroyed the cvnt though. You are no match for my Dual ebony swords bitch

Edited by Yojoe36

Game keeps crashing whenever I get knicked by a guard. Whatever I do; pay the bounty, prison it just crashes. Anyone??? laugh.gif

Have you downloaded the update? Apparently it deals with the freezing/crashing issues. I haven't downloaded it yet though. The only time it crashed on me was a load-up screen. Oblivion did the same a few times. I thought it had crashed during one of the Dark Brotherhood missions, but that was part of the storyline...

I am ploughing through the Thieves Guild quests now, just to the point where I am knocked out by a poison arrow. Also attempting to join the Imperial Legion.

Also meeting blood dragons now rather than the easier set of dragons from before.

Not been on many RPG games but few people I know say it's brilliant, having seen it for £22 at GAME, and I shall be in Leicester later today, is it worth it?

It depends on whether or not you think £22 is good value for money when you have about 200 hours of game time with this.

One of the criticisms I would put forward is that the game is just too big. There is too much to do and because of that it lacks a focus, a direction to take you forward and it feels like you're fast travelling from place to place just to cut the number of quests down in your log.

Problem with that is once you've completed say about 10 quests, your log is filled with 15 more.

If Dark Souls is £22 I would get that instead.

Ignore the Dark Souls fanboy. £22 is more than a bargain. YOU NEED IT

lol

I am not a fanboy Yojoe!

Both games are decent enough but it is annoying at how much publicity Skyrim is getting when Dark Souls got hardly any in comparison. All this half price malarky on the TV with some warrior dude walking into Gamestation. What's that all about?

Stil if it's half price, Dark Souls cannot be far behind. I say get both.

lol

I am not a fanboy Yojoe!

Both games are decent enough but it is annoying at how much publicity Skyrim is getting when Dark Souls got hardly any in comparison. All this half price malarky on the TV with some warrior dude walking into Gamestation. What's that all about?

Stil if it's half price, Dark Souls cannot be far behind. I say get both.

The only thing putting me off Dark Souls is it's difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge. But I also like to enjoy a game, rather than dying every 5 minutes and throw me controller at the TV

The only thing putting me off Dark Souls is it's difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge. But I also like to enjoy a game, rather than dying every 5 minutes and throw me controller at the TV

It does get easier as you progress. If you die it's obvious what you did wrong and changing the approach second time round makes it all the more rewarding once you crack it.

With Skyrim it's a case of knocking down the difficulty level when taking on that bandit chief or blood dragon or crazed alchemist. It don't have the same high stakes when it comes to staying alive.

It depends on whether or not you think £22 is good value for money when you have about 200 hours of game time with this.

One of the criticisms I would put forward is that the game is just too big. There is too much to do and because of that it lacks a focus, a direction to take you forward and it feels like you're fast travelling from place to place just to cut the number of quests down in your log.

Problem with that is once you've completed say about 10 quests, your log is filled with 15 more.

If Dark Souls is £22 I would get that instead.

Ignore the Dark Souls fanboy. £22 is more than a bargain. YOU NEED IT

Got the game today, loving it so far :thumbup:

It does get easier as you progress. If you die it's obvious what you did wrong and changing the approach second time round makes it all the more rewarding once you crack it.

With Skyrim it's a case of knocking down the difficulty level when taking on that bandit chief or blood dragon or crazed alchemist. It don't have the same high stakes when it comes to staying alive.

lol lol lol

So Dark Souls is a better game because your too ill dicisplined to keep the difficulty on Skyrim at the same level when your fighting a boss character, your fault not the games.

Dark Souls is highly frustrating, fair enough I have only spent about 7 hours on it. It also feels alot more lonely and linear compared to Skyrim. Much better game In mine and the vast majority of peoples opinion, plus you have to a serious gamer to play Dark Souls and for that reason alone it'll never sell well or get wide recognition.

What a surprise. Never saw it coming.

lol lol lol

So Dark Souls is a better game because your too ill dicisplined to keep the difficulty on Skyrim at the same level when your fighting a boss character, your fault not the games.

Dark Souls is highly frustrating, fair enough I have only spent about 7 hours on it. It also feels alot more lonely and linear compared to Skyrim. Much better game In mine and the vast majority of peoples opinion, plus you have to a serious gamer to play Dark Souls and for that reason alone it'll never sell well or get wide recognition.

No, Dark Souls is a better game because it forces you to play at a high difficulty. There is no margin for error, no quick fix. Eventually Skyrim becomes nothing more than a game where you constantly strive to keep the quest log down to a minimum. There are so many quests that after a few hours worth of play, it's quite easy to forget how you got half of the quests in the first place and what you're meant to do with them. Fast tracking from one area to the next becomes commonplace. When completing a quest one enemy is quite often more difficult than the rest and the game constantly reminds you that the difficulty can be adjusted in combat situations. As a result, in order to tick off another quest, the temptation to water down the difficulty becomes too hard to resist.

Ok so it may be my fault that I am adjusting the game to make it easier, but the fact that it's possible is it's major flaw. The challenge isn't there.

It's a pretty game, it's decent, I like it, but it's too open and too big. It's Oblivion with all the trimings added.

Finding the right balance is difficult. The major flaw in FFXIII, for example, was that it was too damn linear. The flaw with this is that it's too open. The right balance isn't there imo.

Found this. Although biased, some good points are made...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-07-telling-tales-skyrim-and-dark-souls-article

Edited by Legend_in_blue