Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Madjid Bougherra

McGregor, Kayal, Ki, Whittaker are all shit?

Thank **** that you aren't the city manager then.

There have been some dross scottish players but we've also had some great players - Archie Gemmill, Gary McAllister, James McFadden, James McArthur, Kenny Miller,, Steven Fletcher, Bobby Smith, Ali Mauchlen, Kevin McDonald, James McCarthy, Alan Hutton, Craig Gordon & Graham Dorrans to name a few have all come down from the scottish leagues and done well.

:frusty:

Until McGregor, Kayal, Ki and Whittaker are proven in England, they are shit. Greece, Denmark, Romania and Belgium all have been top flight leagues than Scotland.

Great players?

I am not having a dig at Scottish players but the dross in the Scottish league. How you can call James McFadden, James McArthur, Kenny Miller (SPL top scorer :crylaugh: ), Alan Hutton who can't get into the Tottenham team, Craig Gordon who is always in the treatment room and Graham Dorrans who has sat on the bench most of this season in the Premiership (but he's class at Championship level). I am not old enough to comment on the others but those that played for us were largely involved in a yo-yo team and never really furthered their careers past City except for Gary McAllister.

So please don't give me this bullshit. I know you're Scottish but just admit your league is full of shit and that the only good Scottish players like... :unsure: come to England anyway. Oh yeah, Darren Fletcher, that is it.

Ted.

You're normally a decent poster, but you're beginning to embarrass yourself here.

Just because they've not played in England, doesn't mean they're not great players and you say they can't call themselves great until they've played here? That's ridiculous.

Yes, you're right - The Scottish league is mostly filled with shit, but that doesn't mean every single player is shit.

Henrik Larsson?

Until McGregor, Kayal, Ki and Whittaker are proven in England, they are shit. Greece, Denmark, Romania and Belgium all have been top flight leagues than Scotland.

Great players?

I am not having a dig at Scottish players but the dross in the Scottish league. How you can call James McFadden, James McArthur, Kenny Miller (SPL top scorer :crylaugh: ), Alan Hutton who can't get into the Tottenham team, Craig Gordon who is always in the treatment room and Graham Dorrans who has sat on the bench most of this season in the Premiership (but he's class at Championship level). I am not old enough to comment on the others but those that played for us were largely involved in a yo-yo team and never really furthered their careers past City except for Gary McAllister.

So please don't give me this bullshit. I know you're Scottish but just admit your league is full of shit and that the only good Scottish players like... :unsure: come to England anyway. Oh yeah, Darren Fletcher, that is it.

Ted.

You're normally a decent poster, but you're beginning to embarrass yourself here.

Just because they've not played in England, doesn't mean they're not great players and you say they can't call themselves great until they've played here? That's ridiculous.

Yes, you're right - The Scottish league is mostly filled with shit, but that doesn't mean every single player is shit.

Hebron Larsson?

Ok, all I will say then is that I would be very cautious before buying from Scotland after our experiences under Levein as well as Middlesborough under Strachan.

I have nothing more to say on this. /

Edit: Although, I would have Bougherra because he is PROVEN at Championship level.

Ok, all I will say then is that I would be very cautious before buying from Scotland after our experiences under Levein as well as Middlesborough under Strachan.

I have nothing more to say on this. /

Edit: Although, I would have Bougherra because he is PROVEN at Championship level.

definitely agree with you on scottish signings but from what ive seen bougherra a league above the rest. :scarf:

Before you slate Bougherra for playing in the SPL you have to remember that he was proven in the Championship with Crewe and Charlton.

Just saying, if someone already hasn't.

Great players?

I am not having a dig at Scottish players but the dross in the Scottish league. How you can call James McFadden, James McArthur, Kenny Miller (SPL top scorer :crylaugh: ), Alan Hutton who can't get into the Tottenham team, Craig Gordon who is always in the treatment room and Graham Dorrans who has sat on the bench most of this season in the Premiership (but he's class at Championship level). I am not old enough

Good to know, Messi has never been proven in england - does that make him shit?

Ditto for Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho, The proper Ronaldo, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dani Alves, David Villa, Julio Cesar and more.

Shit, I forgot, the SPL is as good as the Spanish top flight, oh and Serie A. Ridiculous.

Ditto for Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho, The proper Ronaldo, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dani Alves, David Villa, Julio Cesar and more.

And what the **** does:

mean?

And what the **** does:

mean?

I was meant to say 'better' instead of 'been', that was my phones auto correct.

As I said earlier, thats the last I have to say on this matter but that really is ridiculous and Adam said it for me.

I was just on my phone to my Grandad, used to be a police officer at Ibrox and still has a few conacts and he said that Madjid wants to return to England and we're the only English team in for him at the minute but he expects a Prem team to possibly come in for him. A turkish team was in for him but have since pulled out of a deal. A fee of 1 million is being touted and he says we're willing to match it.

No real new news but news none the less

Correct me if I am wrong but it states that his £35K a week wages put rangers of a new deal, surely that will rule him out here then?

Why?

Rangers are beyond skint. Until their takeover is completed we are far better off than they are.

We won't give the Yak 35k a week, so why would we Bougherra?

If he comes here, he won't be on 35k IMO.

Who says we won't give the yak 35k? Or Bougherra for that matter should we sign him? :)

Archived