Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Our bid is turned down

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-13084321-detail/story.html

Leicester City bid for North Korea striker rejected

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Profile image for Leicester Mercury

Leicester Mercury

Follow

German side Bochum VFL have confirmed they have rejected a lucrative offer from Leicester City for striker Jong Tae Se.

The Bundesliga outfit said in a statement on their official website that they had turned down the offer and did not intend selling him.

The North Korea international has a year left on his contract and Bochum chief executive Jens Todt said: "Jong Tae is an important player for us. We have ambitious goals that we want to achieve with him."

It looks as if City will also have to be patient in their bid for Reading striker Shane Long after their boss Brian McDermott said he was expecting a bidding war for the star striker.

City are among a host of clubs chasing the Republic of Ireland international.

Although it is understood no club has so far made an offer for the 24-year-old, City are rivalled by West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion for Long's services.

McDermott believes once one club makes an offer which Reading feel is acceptable, others will move in.

"We have had plenty of interest from the Premier League, but we have had no offer as yet," said McDermott.

"There has been interest in the Championship from West Ham and Leicester, too.

"What I expect is that someone will make an offer and then you will get five or six Premier League clubs making bids. Hopefully they won't leave it too late."

City are also pursuing Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard and are understood to be interested in Spurs' Robbie Keane.

Reports that City had made bids for Norwich City's Grant Holt and West Bromwich Albion's Ishmael Miller are incorrect.

Reading this one and other articles from Bochum, I'd say it's not that our offer was bad or that Tae-Se is such an important player for the German side.

They lack strikers, and need all the help (and players) they can get should another one leave unexpected, even if it means holding out on Tae-Se's professional return a little longer.

Is it me or is in Sven we trust dannyfox but has changed his name beacuse of wht he got wrong about long ?

Again im the other ISWT and im not dannyfox.

He isn't unless in Sven we trust is a duplicate account.

Is a duplicate but im not him and im assuming hes just burying himself in the sand till it all blows over.

Definitely not. If I was creating a duplicate account now with knowledge of the forum, I wouldn't have picked In Sven we trust, not because I don't trust him, but there is another ISWT which caused confusion on the live chat during games last season!

Yeah but you have a picture of bamba - makes all the difference ;)

The North Korea international has a year left on his contract and Bochum chief executive Jens Todt said: "Jong Tae is an important player for us. We have ambitious goals that we want to achieve with him."

Strange feeling of deja vu

Reading this one and other articles from Bochum, I'd say it's not that our offer was bad or that Tae-Se is such an important player for the German side.

They lack strikers, and need all the help (and players) they can get should another one leave unexpected, even if it means holding out on Tae-Se's professional return a little longer.

That could all change though. An article from a few days ago quoting Jens Todt and their financial director points out that want to have a large transfer surplus this year, having gambled a bit last season. The fans also give the impression that if a 2+ mil Euro bid is offered for Tese, they cannot really justify keeping him given his contractual and injury situation. With that kind of money they could strengthen the team with several players. It's simply about how much we want him and testing their resolve.

quite a few of seen him play at a tournement quite popular called the world cup !!! :frusty:

Took notice of him and managed to judge him properly? Doubt it.

Has there been anything concrete about this at any point by the way?

Two pages back

I'll be nice and give you the link as I don't think you're winding up here. This was said to be the second bid which Bochum have rejected. As both Sven has confirmed the interest and Bochum representatives have explicitly said they'd gotten an offer from us, I believe this was very concrete.

Well no not the whole game but u carnt any player tht dnt play for ur team but i remember everytime he got the ball he was ripping apart the brazil defence until it got to a point that the brazillians just got lucio and the other cb to just jockey him and not jump in beacuse he kept skinning them so yeah personally i have seen enough of him against a world class team and a world class cb in lucio.

Two pages back

I'll be nice and give you the link as I don't think you're winding up here. This was said to be the second bid which Bochum have rejected. As both Sven has confirmed the interest and Bochum representatives have explicitly said they'd gotten an offer from us, I believe this was very concrete.

Ah reet, cheers. Just didn't recall any actual news about it :P

Again im the other ISWT and im not dannyfox.

Is a duplicate but im not him and im assuming hes just burying himself in the sand till it all blows over.

Yeah but you have a picture of bamba - makes all the difference ;)

Haha sure.

Don't worry, I am working on getting the Login changed... dont want to be confused with you or DannyFox!

Archived