Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

10 goals in 25 appearances. I would assume some of those have been off the bench too. Hot and cold? Hmm... Looks like we might have another fella who just scores goals.

And we dont want one of those now, do we? :P

10 goals in 25 appearances. I would assume some of those have been off the bench too. Hot and cold? Hmm... Looks like we might have another fella who just scores goals.

No, he works hard and he does a lot for the team, but he did go through a run of bad form last season and ended up being dropped. But if he plays well he is a hard working, strong striker. Exactly what we need.

Guest Mee-9

No thanks. Just because the guys scored 10 in 25, (Which yeah is good, but it's less than 20 a season) and showed pashun, doesn't hide the fact he's never played in England.

Why do we have to go for foreign players who are unproven, and supposed 'big name' in Asia. Yeah we've got foreign owners, but surely get the Yakubu deal/Nugent deals sorted, and we'll have the basis of a GOOD PROVEN strikeforce.

No thanks. Just because the guys scored 10 in 25, (Which yeah is good, but it's less than 20 a season) and showed pashun, doesn't hide the fact he's never played in England.

Why do we have to go for foreign players who are unproven, and supposed 'big name' in Asia. Yeah we've got foreign owners, but surely get the Yakubu deal/Nugent deals sorted, and we'll have the basis of a GOOD PROVEN strikeforce.

It's quite simple. When you clubs like BCFC trying to bend us over barrel for our money, you'll go somewhere else where you can get value for money. Any investment in this lad would reap rewards for the marketing alone.

He also seems like the type who might flourish under Sven.

So Messi is unproven because he's never played in England?

Guest Mee-9

So Messi is unproven because he's never played in England?

Well yeah, in some ways he is. It'd take him some time to adjust to the English lifestyle/game.

I just think, by losing out on possibly Yakubu, to take a risk like this is crazy.

All said, he'd get my full support like all the other players.

Well yeah, in some ways he is. It'd take him some time to adjust to the English lifestyle/game.

I just think, by losing out on possibly Yakubu, to take a risk like this is crazy.

But Portsmouth took a risk once upon a time on Yakubu and he went on to prove himself. At some point all players are unproven at certain levels. I can understand what you're saying, but as long as we don't fill the team with risks and have some proven players alongside those who want to prove themselves then we'll be just fine.

Id say with his record it's a risk worth taking. Besides which, at £750k its hardly an enormous gamble

Are you on a wind-up or do you seriously believe that just because he's foreign he can't make it in the Championship?

Ever heard of Luciano Becchio? Or the other guy from Leeds - Davide Somma? Fabio Borini for Swansea?

90% of the time, you will not get your money's worth if you buy domestic based, 'proven' players.

Maynard's been quoted at £3 million, this guy, 750K. That's what makes buying players based overseas so appealing. Sven and Top know what they're playing at too, they won't sign a player based on his race purely to sell shirts regardless of his ability.

If we can save ourselves a lot of money and get someone of equal talent - why shouldn't we?

Guest MattP

Watch a bit of Bundesliga and the level II of it it probably lower championship/top of league one standard. 10 in 25 doesnt fill you with excitement though from what I remember of him he did work hard.

Wasnt too impressed with him at the WC but no one stood out for them.

Would cost a bit, high risk, no guarantees he would settle. Doesnt know the language. - Not worth the risk for me.

Why do we all start jizzing ourselves when we are linked with some exotic foriegn player? :unsure: There are players in the championship of a far higher standard than this guy.

But Portsmouth took a risk once upon a time on Yakubu and he went on to prove himself. At some point all players are unproven at certain levels. I can understand what you're saying, but as long as we don't fill the team with risks and have some proven players alongside those who want to prove themselves then we'll be just fine.

Id say with his record it's a risk worth taking. Besides which, at £750k its hardly an enormous gamble

nail > head.

Guest MattP

To be fair Yakubu already had a champions league hat trick under his belt V Man Utd, he was hardly "unproven".

Guest Mee-9

Are you on a wind-up or do you seriously believe that just because he's foreign he can't make it in the Championship?

Ever heard of Luciano Becchio? Or the other guy from Leeds - Davide Somma? Fabio Borini for Swansea?

No, it's just my opinion.

Guest Mee-9

Watch a bit of Bundesliga and the level II of it it probably lower championship/top of league one standard. 10 in 25 doesnt fill you with excitement though from what I remember of him he did work hard.

Wasnt too impressed with him at the WC but no one stood out for them.

Would cost a bit, high risk, no guarantees he would settle. Doesnt know the language. - Not worth the risk for me.

Why do we all start jizzing ourselves when we are linked with some exotic foriegn player? :unsure: There are players in the championship of a far higher standard than this guy.

Thank you.

Pretty much summed up everything I mean.

Archived