Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Thank you.

Pretty much summed up everything I mean.

He does speak english and is mates with Abe. Would cost way less than a CCC equivalent, and given the right support from midfield could be excellent. It's not high risk at all. If we were building a team of foreigners then fair comment. But it's not the case.

To be fair Yakubu already had a champions league hat trick under his belt V Man Utd, he was hardly "unproven".

But take a look at the Masilela thread, people are saying the same thing. "Don't want him because he's unproven."

He has champions league experience. People would still argue that despite his hatrick in the champions league against ManYoo that he was unproven because he'd never played in England.

Whilst I refuse to jizz my pants over foreign names I also don't buy into the buy British arguement.

As I said a mixture of proven types with those who want to prove themselves will see us good.

p.s. what exactly is a proven player? Is Peltier proven? He's English, as little adjustment to make but has never really played at our level.

Guest MattP

He does speak english and is mates with Abe. Would cost way less than a CCC equivalent, and given the right support from midfield could be excellent. It's not high risk at all. If we were building a team of foreigners then fair comment. But it's not the case.

Didnt realise he spoke English, how do you know he is mates with Abe?

Watch a bit of Bundesliga and the level II of it it probably lower championship/top of league one standard. 10 in 25 doesnt fill you with excitement though from what I remember of him he did work hard.

Wasnt too impressed with him at the WC but no one stood out for them.

Would cost a bit, high risk, no guarantees he would settle. Doesnt know the language. - Not worth the risk for me.

Why do we all start jizzing ourselves when we are linked with some exotic foriegn player? :unsure: There are players in the championship of a far higher standard than this guy.

Maynard = Somewhat unproven, going to cost maybe 4m

This guy = Played at world cup, going to cost 750k

That's why.

Yep, he's not going to cost too much. He cost Bochum 250K, and has one year left on his contract. He will be a fraction of the price of Maynard. Of course, it might not be an either/or situation, they are different types of striker, and both together would be lovely.

Guest MattP

Maynard = Somewhat unproven, going to cost maybe 4m

This guy = Played at world cup, going to cost 750k

That's why.

Maybe there is a reason why Bochum are willing to let him go so cheap? They dont need the cash either, one of the more financially well off German 2nd tier sides.

The world cup argument carries no force unless he is playing for a major nation. I wouldnt want us to go and sign Shane Smeltz and he scored in the world cup V Italy.

He had injury this season. this is why he only scored 10 goals...... He was the more powerfull striker in the J-League. the level is good in bundesliga2. Almost all of japanese international in the bundesliga are in the 11. I don't think that bundesliga is shxt.... but i have to agree that they are all unproven in England and can't speak english well :-)

Maybe there is a reason why Bochum are willing to let him go so cheap? They dont need the cash either, one of the more financially well off German 2nd tier sides.

The world cup argument carries no force unless he is playing for a major nation. I wouldnt want us to go and sign Shane Smeltz and he scored in the world cup V Italy.

Fair enough. I'm by no means saying he is an answer to our problems as he's an unknown quantity but again I'm going to trust Sven with this one. If we're being quoted at 4m odd for every domestic player we approach then it's just not viable. Even a 1m deal for Schmeichel doesn't satisfy some people. I don't think these people are being very realistic and are failing to see how this summer will pan out.

Contract up at the end of the year I think.

Guest MattP

Fair enough. I'm by no means saying he is an answer to our problems as he's an unknown quantity but again I'm going to trust Sven with this one. If we're being quoted at 4m odd for every domestic player we approach then it's just not viable. Even a 1m deal for Schmeichel doesn't satisfy some people. I don't think these people are being very realistic and are failing to see how this summer will pan out.

I'm playing devil's advocate, lets be honest someone has to otherwise it would be a boring forum. :thumbup:

He might do well, not saying he wont because he must have some ability to be playing in one of the top two divisions in a good european league....but it would take him a while to settle and I'm not sure a team with quite a few players next year all needing to settle is what we need, even more so with Sven's deal running out in the summer where he probably walks into a job for Euro 2012 he possibly wont be coming back from.

If Maynard is 4million then we dont touch him, we shouldnt overpay for anyone, though our local media needs shooting in the way they have decided to tell the world we are absolutely loaded (whether we are or not)

Of course we all have to trust Sven, but I'm not just going to blindly close my eyes and think everyone he does turns to gold, I saw enough evidence to contradict that in the last 3rd of last season.

check this out he has unbelievable tekkers!

I don't give a flying feck that this is a YouTube clip, I really want this to happen now.

He'd probably cost twice the £750k we may be paying if we were signing him from another English club. Looks quite an outgoing person, wouldn't take much settling in hopefully. :trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet:

I dont like to upset people....

But its obvious that our owners want an asian based player(s) in our team. To tap into the Asian market or to boost their name over there.

Following on from Yuki's strange link to Man City.. i really hope this guy would not be a REPLACEMENT in marketing terms for Yuki.... :cry:

But its obvious that our owners want an asian based player(s) in our team. To tap into the Asian market or to boost their name over there.

Following on from Yuki's strange link to Man City.. i really hope this guy would not be a REPLACEMENT in marketing terms for Yuki.... :cry:

That died down fairly quickly, I don't think we'd be prepared to sell anyway.

If he put as much effort in as Yuki does, I couldn't care what country he's from!

Yes let's lump all asians in together, all we need to do is sign a Korean player and we'll have Thais, Cambodians, Vietnamese, the lot all following us.

http://blogs.bettor.com/VfL-Bochum-striker-Jong-Tae-Se-wants-to-continue-performing-for-club-and-country-Bundesliga-news-a77422

VfL Bochum striker Jong Tae-Se wants to continue performing for club and country- Bundesliga news

North Korea and VfL Bochum striker Jong Tae-Se insists that he wants to continue performing for both club and country and claimed that he is happy in Germany. The forward added that he has no plans to leave the club after reports claiming Leicester City were after him in this summer’s transfer window.

The player stated that he is happy with his current club VfL Bochum and wishes to stay in Germany for many more years. The forward insisted that playing in Germany has helped him grow as a player and that it is a great experience which was not the case when he played in Japan with Kawasaki Frontale.

“Overall I'm really happy here. I like Bochum city centre and I enjoy going to Dusseldorf. I live 100 per cent for football here in Germany. That wasn't the case in Japan, where I was often distracted,” the player was quoted as saying in an interview.

The North Korean international said that he is satisfied with his performances last season for the club even though he missed most of the second-half of the campaign through injury. The striker played an important role in the club’s sensational third place finish last term. The Unrelegatables were unfortunate as they lost the relegation play-offs against Borussia Monchengladbach.

“I think I played well for my first season, even if I wasn't satisfied with the second half of the campaign. I couldn't really help the team as much as I'd hoped due to a number of niggling injuries,” he continued.

The 27-year old also wants to help his national side progress and is looking forward to represent his country in the future at the world stage.

“I see myself as representative of North Korea, so I want to perform as well as possible,” the attacker concluded.

Jong Tae-Se had a great maiden season with Bochum and scored 10 times in a total of 26 appearances. The player also has an impressive record with the national team where he has scored 15 times in 28 games.

http://blogs.bettor.com/VfL-Bochums-Jong-Tae-se-on-Leicester-City-radar-2-Bundesliga-News-a77427

VfL Bochum’s Jong Tae-se on Leicester City radar – 2.Bundesliga News

Football League Championship side, Leicester City, have revealed their interest in the VfL Bochum striker, Jong Tae-se, for the upcoming 2011/12 season. Tae-se could become the second Japanese-born player at the club after the defender, Yuki Abe, who joined the Foxes in 2010.

Leicester City chairman, Vichai Raksriaksorn, also confirmed the club’s interest in the striker. The Foxes finished the 2010/11 season 10th on the table and the officials believe that the strike force needs some alteration in order to provide a title challenge during the next season. Tae-se, on the other hand, expressed pleasure with his experience in Germany so far and looked in no mood to make a move elsewhere this summer.

The Japanese-born player represents the North Korean outfit and has had an impressive stint with the chollima ever since making his international debut in 2006. The player has 15 goals under his belt from just the 28 caps. He made an impressive start with the German outfit, netting in 10 times from his 25 league appearances during the last season. Tae-se nearly guided his side to the Bundesliga but were left just short of qualification in the end, finishing 3rd on the table.

Bochum chairman, Ernst-Otto Stuber, clearly stated that it would require a lot of cash in order to let the Japanese-born leave the club. The Chairman was very impressed with Tae-se’s performance in his debut season and reckoned that the North Korean international could surely lead Bochum back into the top flight at the end of the 2011/12 season.

A local Japanese newspaper reported that more than 650,000 Pounds have been offered by the Championship side to acquire Tae-se’s services.

The striker himself enthused that it would be an honour for him playing in the England, but seemed comfortable in Germany for the time being. He appeared for trials at Blackburn Rovers earlier in 2010 before tying knots with the 2. Bundesliga outfit.

The Foxes already have the services of another Japanese born player, Yuki Abe, and Jong could well join him in England.

Archived