Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Theres a bit in today's Mercury. Apparently Masilela is reported as being "close to a move to the Walkers" also. Could be promising.

Leicester City in hunt for 'the People's Rooney' Jong Tae-Se

Thursday, June 23, 2011, 09:30

Leicester City are chasing the North Korea striker dubbed 'the People's Rooney'.

Reports in Japan that City are in the hunt for striker Jong Tae-Se are true.

City have also been strongly linked with a move for South Africa left-back Tsepo Masilela. The 26-year-old is currently with Isreali side Maccabi Haifa, but unconfirmed reports in Africa say he is close to a move to the Walkers Stadium.

City are said to have already submitted a bid of around £665,000 to Bundesliga 2 side VFL Bochum for Jong.

The Japanese-born North Korea international impressed City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson at last year's World Cup finals in South Africa, and Jong has reportedly confirmed that an offer has been made.

Eriksson was the manager of the Ivory Coast side that beat North Korea 3-0 in Nelspruit.

Although North Korea finished bottom of the group, Jong was picked out as their star performer, and joined Bochum soon after.

He has been tagged 'the People's Rooney' because of his hard-working style and stocky physique, similar to Manchester United and England star Wayne Rooney.

The 27-year-old Jong scored 10 goals for the German side last season as they went close to securing a return to Bundesliga 1, and Eriksson is a fan of his all-action style.

Jong sprung to prominence in Japan's J-League and had a trial at Blackburn Rovers last year before the World Cup.

In a pre-World Cup interview with the Guardian, Jong revealed his ambition was to play in England.

"I want to play in England," he said. "When I was at high school, Italy's Serie A was the most popular league but, with the help of cable television, I started watching English football and I really enjoyed the stadiums, the atmosphere and the passion."

Meanwhile, City may face a bidding war for Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

An initial bid of between £2.5-£3million has been rejected for the 24-year-old striker, but City's interest remains. However, Nottingham Forest are said to be preparing a £4m bid and there is also interest from Southampton, although the escalating figure could price the Saints out of the running. West Ham United are also said to be monitoring the situation.

The Robins have maintained that their club-record signing is not for sale, but if Maynard returns from holiday next weeks and indicates he wants to talk to other clubs, they may have no choice but to sell a player who only has one year left on his contract.

Theres a bit in today's Mercury. Apparently Masilela is reported as being "close to a move to the Walkers" also. Could be promising.

Leicester City in hunt for 'the People's Rooney' Jong Tae-Se

Thursday, June 23, 2011, 09:30

Leicester City are chasing the North Korea striker dubbed 'the People's Rooney'.

Reports in Japan that City are in the hunt for striker Jong Tae-Se are true.

City have also been strongly linked with a move for South Africa left-back Tsepo Masilela. The 26-year-old is currently with Isreali side Maccabi Haifa, but unconfirmed reports in Africa say he is close to a move to the Walkers Stadium.

City are said to have already submitted a bid of around £665,000 to Bundesliga 2 side VFL Bochum for Jong.

The Japanese-born North Korea international impressed City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson at last year's World Cup finals in South Africa, and Jong has reportedly confirmed that an offer has been made.

Eriksson was the manager of the Ivory Coast side that beat North Korea 3-0 in Nelspruit.

Although North Korea finished bottom of the group, Jong was picked out as their star performer, and joined Bochum soon after.

He has been tagged 'the People's Rooney' because of his hard-working style and stocky physique, similar to Manchester United and England star Wayne Rooney.

The 27-year-old Jong scored 10 goals for the German side last season as they went close to securing a return to Bundesliga 1, and Eriksson is a fan of his all-action style.

Jong sprung to prominence in Japan's J-League and had a trial at Blackburn Rovers last year before the World Cup.

In a pre-World Cup interview with the Guardian, Jong revealed his ambition was to play in England.

"I want to play in England," he said. "When I was at high school, Italy's Serie A was the most popular league but, with the help of cable television, I started watching English football and I really enjoyed the stadiums, the atmosphere and the passion."

Meanwhile, City may face a bidding war for Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

An initial bid of between £2.5-£3million has been rejected for the 24-year-old striker, but City's interest remains. However, Nottingham Forest are said to be preparing a £4m bid and there is also interest from Southampton, although the escalating figure could price the Saints out of the running. West Ham United are also said to be monitoring the situation.

The Robins have maintained that their club-record signing is not for sale, but if Maynard returns from holiday next weeks and indicates he wants to talk to other clubs, they may have no choice but to sell a player who only has one year left on his contract.

They spelt Passhhuuunnn wrong :whistle:

Its easy to make things up sometimes

If we signed him, then it's likely that Kim Jong-il will make LCFC the team to follow in North Korea. Who else in the CCC will have a dictator as a fan? Well other than Leeds ;)

Does that mean we'll get these mentalists following us then?

Don't shit yourself Health & Safety, they're sat down.

Does that mean we'll get these mentalists following us then?

Don't shit yourself Health & Safety, they're sat down.

The great thing is Sven has been over there and hob-nobbed with the government already...it didn't go to plan, but this should make up for it, should their boy wonder signs for us!

The fans do build to pretty impressive crescendo in that video.

Maybe we might go on tour in next pre-season and see it first hand!

Take notes Fosse Boys!

I have already contacted them, they will be joining us at the Real Madrid match to wave their flags and stare at the stewards. It's going to cost me a bit to kit them out with their uniform in our colours so if anyone wants to donate let me know. I've also convinced the bloke you see at the end to come as well. He's a human flare.

Archived