Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Wonder how he and Yuki would get along? History and all... ph34r.gif

And yes, for once L1/K1 can come up with the appropriate chant.rolleyes.gif

he was born in japan. He is like a japanese. Yuki know him well. It's a friend.

he was born in japan. He is like a japanese. Yuki know him well. It's a friend.

I know - but I bet the dimwits in L1/K1 would still sing the dog song, regardless of Taese being South Korean or having played in Japan for most of his life.

My Japanese based friend tells me that this is/was not the only Asian player we were hotly pursuing. Though it seems that we didn't put an offer in for this fella:

Ji Dong-Won (click to see where he went instead).

I've had to keep that one under my hat for a long while! But as he's signed now for someone else it doesn't matter.

Just shows how wide and far Sven is looking to bring quality and value for money to the club.

I think Chong Tao-Se (I am uncertain of which way to present his name) could be immense based on the games i saw of him at the World Cup. He's record at club level is very good too. If he could adapt to the CCC quickly, then we could have a winner on our hands.

He's actually NOT North Korean.

Obligatory Wiki link. It's complicated.

Or he's not NOT North Korean :P

Holds a North Korean passport, wants to change citizenship but can't because South Korea doesn't recognize North Korea. In football terms at least he's North Korean, but I suppose his current citizenship has facilitated his move to Germany :S

Or he's not NOT North Korean :P

Holds a North Korean passport, wants to change citizenship but can't because South Korea doesn't recognize North Korea. In football terms at least he's North Korean, but I suppose his current citizenship has facilitated his move to Germany :S

As I said it's complicated. Wasn't really splitting hairs. Anyway, from a footballing point of view, the lad looks quality.

To be able to speak that many languages and so well, this lad's a pretty smart cookie. Ideal if you want someone to acclimatise quickly. I am starting to get excited again, and don't want to get my hopes up for the disappointment that might follow. 750k euros would be a steal.

Archived