Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Yes let's lump all asians in together, all we need to do is sign a Korean player and we'll have Thais, Cambodians, Vietnamese, the lot all following us.

you tit.

the Thais have said they want to boost the King Power Brand in Asia and the Leicester Brand in Asia. of course they will go for Asian players.... They have already pretty much said they will.

you tit.

the Thais have said they want to boost the King Power Brand in Asia and the Leicester Brand in Asia. of course they will go for Asian players.... They have already pretty much said they will.

Nice!

Why would Thai customers be at all interested in Leicester playing someone from Korea?

It is whether the player is a known name or not that will help sell 'the brand'.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2897/championship/2011/06/22/2542551/north-korean-striker-jong-tae-se-confirms-leicester-city

North Korean striker Jong Tae-Se confirms Leicester City offer

The ambitious Championship club are lining up a deal for another Japanese-born player, with the Bochum forward telling Goal.com that a transfer has been suggested

Sven-Goran Eriksson's Championship side Leicester City have are believed to have made an offer for North Korean international striker Jong Tae-Se.

Japanese-born Jong, 27, is currently on the books of German 2.Bundesliga outfit VfL Bochum, who fell narrowly short of promotion during the 2010-11 season.

When asked by Goal.com Asia if the English side were interested, Jong replied: "I heard an offer was made."

The forward did not wish to discuss whether or not he was interested in a move to England, but it is thought that he will leave Bochum this summer.

According to Nikkan Sports, the Foxes have submitted an offer of approximately €750,000 (£665,000) to Bochum for Jong's services and are now awaiting the German club's response.

Jong, who trialled with Blackburn Rovers in early 2010, scored 10 goals for Bochum during the 2010-11 campaign.

Eriksson is familiar with Jong after he coached Cote d'Ivoire against North Korea at the 2010 World Cup.

The Foxes, who have Thai owners, currently have another Japanese-born player on their books in Samurai Blue midfielder Yuki Abe.

Jong is currently back in Japan having undergone surgery on his right knee earlier this week.

http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/soccer/949358.htm

translated to english

Bohumeseo who plays for German Second Division 'People's Rooney' jeongdaese (27) England Championship (Second Division), Leicester City's reobeukol 'received. I'm also hoping to enter the stage of England England seems likely.

England 21 days an official familiar with football, "Leicester City Bochum in the last 17 days to send a formal Letter of tapping the signing of three of impartiality," he said. J-League in August last year in Kawasaki bohumeuro three of impartiality expected to get over without a fee a fee of 75 euros (about 11 million) level.

Impartiality tax bohumeseo played last season with 10 goals molahchimyeo Top Scorers in the team said. Irreversibly injured in the fighting of two teams contribute to the rise was above the League.

I strongly hope jeongdaese line, except that two of England increases the possibility of transfer. Three bands from the last sung a visit to Vietnam in order to participate in a charity game interview with reporters in South Korea "in the Premier League would like to see one jump. Chelsea, etc. My dream is the world's best play for the team received last year, while the test would like to see Blackburn deungeseodo fought game, "said the wind.

"Jidongwon, EPL is likely to succeed."

Gangyebin, the hot eye called 'Body'

Chayuram "Girl watching regret dropping out of junior high school"

Leicester City last season's championship team was ranked 10. However, former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson and the director holding the baton. Premier League expansion team for the full investment lavish atmosphere. Eriksson tax bands from last year's World Cup on the radar since before the signing was known to put a lot of long periods of time. The team also playing Yuki's Japanese midfielder Ave. Koreans in Japan, three bands from England, if this realization of local adaptation is expected to be a great strength.

Tanner just said

"How is your Korean? http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/soccer/949358.htm'

Best I could do:

Bohumeseo who plays for German Second Division 'People's Rooney' jeongdaese (27) England Championship (Second Division), Leicester City's reobeukol 'received. I'm also hoping to enter the stage of England England seems likely.

England 21 days an official familiar with football, "Leicester City Bochum in the last 17 days to send a formal Letter of tapping the signing of three of impartiality," he said. J-League in August last year in Kawasaki bohumeuro three of impartiality expected to get over without a fee a fee of 75 euros (about 11 million) level.

Impartiality tax bohumeseo played last season with 10 goals molahchimyeo Top Scorers in the team said. Irreversibly injured in the fighting of two teams contribute to the rise was above the League.

I strongly hope jeongdaese line, except that two of England increases the possibility of transfer. Three bands from the last sung a visit to Vietnam in order to participate in a charity game interview with reporters in South Korea "in the Premier League would like to see one jump. Chelsea, etc. My dream is the world's best play for the team received last year, while the test would like to see Blackburn deungeseodo fought game, "said the wind.

Leicester City last season's championship team was ranked 10. However, former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson and the director holding the baton. Premier League expansion team for the full investment lavish atmosphere. Eriksson tax bands from last year's World Cup on the radar since before the signing was known to put a lot of long periods of time. The team also playing Yuki's Japanese midfielder Ave. Koreans in Japan, three bands from England, if this realization of local adaptation is expected to be a great strength.

HAHAHAHAHA! Liam beat me to to it!

Guest ttfn

Spoke to the German lad (Bochum fan) from work.

Said he hadn't been since December as he's been working here (figures) but that he liked the look of him when he saw him. Said he'd be disappointed if they sold for less than 1.5 million euros.

From a personal perspective, whenever I saw North Korea at the World Cup, I thought he was excellent, particularly against Brazil.

Guest Mee-9

Why do we need to be big in Asia? I'm pretty sure those who went up this year, (QPR, Norwich and Swansea) aren't.

Why do we need to be big in Asia? I'm pretty sure those who went up this year, (QPR, Norwich and Swansea) aren't.

Our owners are asian retailers. The bigger we are in asia, the more shirts they can sell in asia, the more sponsorship at the ground they can get for when they air our games on asian tv thus giving us more money for transfers, stadium improvements etc etc.

Basically the asian market could fund us for the next 10 years.

Why do we need to big in Asia?

The Empire is over, we no longer dominate the world, we are a relatively small player globally. The world is now flat - a level playing field. China, India and the South East asian countries are the thriving economies - this is where there is real money. This is why we need to be big in Asia.

Why do we need to big in Asia?

The Empire is over, we no longer dominate the world, we are a relatively small player globally. The world is now flat - a level playing field. China, India and the South East asian countries are the thriving economies - this is where there is real money. This is why we need to be big in Asia.

Just beat me to it lad :chant: I couldn't agree more

Yak not signed, and I don't think this going to happen now.

Bristol want to much for Maynard.

CMS looks like he's going Prem!

etc etc.

This lad is worth a gamble. And if it don't pay off, the owners will sort of be happy, as the club with probably get their money back in other ways from Asia.

Nice!

Why would Thai customers be at all interested in Leicester playing someone from Korea?

It is whether the player is a known name or not that will help sell 'the brand'.

Are you being stupid on purpose or does it just come naturally?

Yep would really want him here and isn't a proven 'has been'. He has passion (or PASHUN!), something to prove, that element of surprise about him and skill - he really could frighten a few.... and I think he wants to come here (?). I'd say 'roll out the red carpet' and welcome him here. Yakubu... who???

Yakubu... who???

He was on loan with us for part of last season, plays for Everton currently, he's a demon in the air. We've been linked quite heavily with him, you should probably read up on him, he's quite well known.

He was on loan with us for part of last season, plays for Everton currently, he's a demon in the air. We've been linked quite heavily with him, you should probably read up on him, he's quite well known.

:S

Archived