Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The perfect post for illustrating bad grammar at it's very worst! 

:whistle:

ha ha - classic! If you are going to take a pop at someone about bad grammar DT then you really should makes sure that your post is faultless!

Edited by Renart

I like this post a lot with his analysis on our fans and his Kermocunt comment

I am not going to bother doing player marks today. I was at the game but there was literally zero to get excited about. Zero. 

We did nothing. No one was particularly bad or good. Once their first goal went in there was a tiny bit of noises from us then Silence until about the 60-something minute when we were fed up of them singing "can you hear the charlton sing" etc. then a fair amount of noise through til the end. 

Singing que sera we're going to wembley was making me cringe every time, but definitely expected. 

You'll notice that I'm talking about the fan and not the game, it was literally that dull. 

Watching Leicester fans made me glad that we are losing games, winning 3-0 and 99% weren't bothered. If we beat a team 3-0 at the valley we would go absolutely insane. Spoilt. 

Kermorgant got a hat trick, he scored as many as the entire Leicester team. And I don't know why Roland sold him for a couple hundred grand, he cost Leicester around £100m ;-)

Oh dear, that's almost Forest-esque self-delusion lol

If their away fans had been placed at the other side of the stadium they wouldn't get that impression.

At the end of the day though how excited do you expect people to be when they beat a nothing club like Charlton?

The Charlton fans observations are pretty astute and I agree we've been a little spoilt lately, the timing of the goals and minimal threat from Charlton meant the atmosphere was pretty subdued. I'm hoping the SK1 lads keep up the good work as bemused as many others on the pretty big drop in attendance from last week. Roll on Barnsley! !!

Hardly. Compared to usual it was great, just not in the 'conventional' area of the ground.

Does the atmosphere only count if it's next to away fans?

Agree about the attendance though, a drop in over 3,000 doesn't really add up.

Edited by Kitchandro

Oh dear, that's almost Forest-esque self-delusion lol

If their away fans had been placed at the other side of the stadium they wouldn't get that impression.

At the end of the day though how excited do you expect people to be when they beat a nothing club like Charlton?

It should be buzzing every game regardless of opposition given our position

The perfect post for illustrating bad grammar at it's very worst!

I gave up counting the mistakes in that one sentence.

The problem is Leics Fox 1884, people can't understand it when you have so many mistakes in there.

There, ' it's over there.' They're, 'they are deluded fans.'

But Forest have to tell 'their selfs they're' the best.

Bin, something you put waste in.

Been, 'they haven't been the top club.....'

Dangerous Tiger. It is > it's.

Not having a go at the grammar but it does make it hard work to understand when it is so poor.

The problem is Leics Fox 1884, people can't understand it when you have so many mistakes in there.

Not having a go at the grammar but it does make it hard work to understand when it is so poor.

I can handle the spelling mistakes but  not using a comma once is unforgivable.

That's worse than text speak and I'm sure people once received bans for that.

Edited by Kitchandro

I can handle the spelling mistakes but  not using a comma once is unforgivable.

That's worse than text speak and I'm sure people once received bans for that.

Like I care about the use of . , ' ; It's football FFS.

Like I care about the use of . , ' ; It's football FFS.

I'm not sure it is, how can anyone follow a paragraph like that without any commas or full stops?

He could have been talking about anything as far as I know.

You made the same mistake as the other bloke !!

No he didn't.  Doh !!

Edited by Deucalion

I'm not a good speller & my grammar isn't good with what you guys are saying i type like i talk that's the problem i can not change how i talk without voice coaching lessons which i do not want but thank u for pointing it out promised land it annoys me when someone has a pop at me for something i do not know about but if you guys are that bothered about it i will try to improve my grammar i do not know if that was any better but i gave it a try if there is any mistakes tell me insted of having a go when there was no need to

• Like 2

I'm not a good speller and my grammar isn't good with what you guys are saying, I type like I talk.

That's the problem I can not change how I talk without voice coaching lessons which I do not want but thank you for pointing it out promised land.

It annoys me when someone has a pop at me for something I do not know about but if you guys are that bothered about it I will try to improve my grammar, I do not know if that was any better but I gave it a try if there are any mistakes tell me instead of having a go when there was no need to

Full stops and paragraphs would be a very good start.

Lots of people make grammar mistakes, but by splitting your sentences up a bit, it makes it a lot easier to read.

I'm not a good speller & my grammar isn't good with what you guys are saying i type like i talk that's the problem i can not change how i talk without voice coaching lessons which i do not want but thank u for pointing it out promised land it annoys me when someone has a pop at me for something i do not know about but if you guys are that bothered about it i will try to improve my grammar i do not know if that was any better but i gave it a try if there is any mistakes tell me insted of having a go when there was no need to

Mate. Don't worry about it - seriously. This is a football forum and not a job application. I teach English at university level and I would throw your work out if I received it as an essay but the point is that it is not! The wonderful thing about a forum is that if you do not want to read a post then you do not have to. I pulled up DT for his terrible use of the apostrophe only because he was pointing out your mistakes - it was funny. You can write your messages just how you want and it is up to the reader to make a choice as to whether they read it or not. If you want to improve then that is great, it does help with getting your point across, but screw getting pulled up on a football forum for a lack of punctuation. 

• Like 3

Mate. Don't worry about it - seriously. This is a football forum and not a job application. I teach English at university level and I would throw your work out if I received it as an essay but the point is that it is not! The wonderful thing about a forum is that if you do not want to read a post then you do not have to. I pulled up DT for his terrible use of the apostrophe only because he was pointing out your mistakes - it was funny. You can write your messages just how you want and it is up to the reader to make a choice as to whether they read it or not. If you want to improve then that is great, it does help with getting your point across, but screw getting pulled up on a football forum for a lack of punctuation.

i do admit i never paid attention in a English class i only know paragraphs because of books and things.

And if i was applying for a job i would take better care in how i use words and things but as you said I'm not.

And it may take me awhile to get up to other people's standards but i can not learn any quicker.

I personally think there was no need for what certain people said as it is only a football forum i can not really see the problem but there you go.

• Like 2

If he wants people to read what he writes and take his point/s seriously. then it should be legible.

• Like 1

Oh come on, forget Foxestalk, it''s an internet convention the world over that occasionally a forum user gets flamed over grammar !!   lol

ha ha - classic! If you are going to take a pop at someone about bad grammar DT then you really should makes sure that your post is faultless!

Indeed, one should...

• Like 3

Come on guys do not drag this out i have already said i will try to pick it up.

But i sort of can see where you guys are coming from but as for commas then no i can not.

I just think that whoever had a problem should of told me instead of having a pop at me.

I really did not realise how serious you guys took grammar but you obviously do that is up to you.

I think you should just leave it where it is and forget about it now.

But if you do have problems then tell me instead of making sly remarks or having a pop.