Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Could never understand how last season people kept going on about what a strong bench we had.

We do this year, that's not a bad second 11.

Where have you got that from? Nobody said we had a strong bench last season, and we didn't. That was a significant part of the collapse.

Any fan who thinks we won't survive in the premiership should switch over to itv. Man utd. Shockingly average.

I've just said to myself something similar.

Danny Drinkwater and Maty James must be sitting at home shaking their heads thinking how Clverley is playing in the Champions. League and has England Caps to his name.

Any fan who thinks we won't survive in the premiership should switch over to itv. Man utd. Shockingly average.

Watching it now. TBH it's like watching City playing at Brighton early December (my only live match this season). Man U are really dreadful, but unlike us, I don't see them getting better any time soon.

Oh the trees do make me laugh.

Coming out with comments like the league is a lot weaker this year. I forgot they were running away with the league like this average Leicester side are, but it's all down to there injuries that's why they are not. Doesn't say much for the medical and training staff if so many of them are out injured.

As for us coming straight back down with this team. I forgot transfers were banned next season.

I don't think one of there players would make our bench let alone the starting 11. Especially if there all sick notes or just faking injuries as they don't want to play for King Billy.

Will give forest the credit they deserve, they used to be a good side, after all they must have been to win the European cup, but in there words was the cup weaker the years they won it and so long ago the half penny was still in circulation.

But this great forest side that is now, that's tearing the league up with style and flare as Real Madrid and Barcelona watch on with envy sit nicely in firth chasing down there biggest rivals Darby as they don't care about us. In the league that's so weak. What an achievement they are making.

We bow down and salute you and wish we had your starting 11.

• Like 2

Forest only have one player who may stand a chance of getting into the city team - Reid.

The rest, honest enough players, are not good enough to oust any of our players.

I may be totally LCFC and have a very slight bias, but the Forest squad and more importantly the manager, are clearly not the same standard. If they scrape the playoffs, I cannot see them getting through. The other teams have more flair and will to win.

Reid and Lansbury have been two massive players for them this season but, as well as they've played, I wouldn't have either ahead of Drinkwater or James in central midfield and I'm not sure they'd be as effective out wide. That said, who gives a chuff what Forest or any other Championship club think of us? We're the best team in the division, the facts speak for themselves.

I like this post a lot with his analysis on our fans and his Kermocunt comment

I am not going to bother doing player marks today. I was at the game but there was literally zero to get excited about. Zero. 

We did nothing. No one was particularly bad or good. Once their first goal went in there was a tiny bit of noises from us then Silence until about the 60-something minute when we were fed up of them singing "can you hear the charlton sing" etc. then a fair amount of noise through til the end. 

Singing que sera we're going to wembley was making me cringe every time, but definitely expected. 

You'll notice that I'm talking about the fan and not the game, it was literally that dull. 

Watching Leicester fans made me glad that we are losing games, winning 3-0 and 99% weren't bothered. If we beat a team 3-0 at the valley we would go absolutely insane. Spoilt. 

Kermorgant got a hat trick, he scored as many as the entire Leicester team. And I don't know why Roland sold him for a couple hundred grand, he cost Leicester around £100m ;-)

There's something in those comments about our fans. Even at a goal up and in control there were people getting frustrated. It was the same against Ipswich when we were. 2-0 up. Expectations have gone through the roof. People are disappointed when we aren't 3-0 up at half time.

We have most certainly been spoilt. We should just enjoy what's happening. Seasons like this don't come around often for Leicester City.

Edited by LJS

There's something in those comments about our fans. Even at a goal up and in control there were people getting frustrated. It was the same against Ipswich when we were. 2-0 up. Expectations have gone through the roof. People are disappointed when we aren't 3-0 up at half time.

We have most certainly been spoilt. We should just enjoy what's happening. Seasons like this don't come around often for Leicester City.

I was giving this some thought yesterday and decided it was because we never feel particularly in peril at the moment.  The expectation is, sit back, ooh and aah some passes, and wait for the next goal.

Think back to truly memorable games and not many are big wins, they are narrow wins.  

I agree that's what's started happening really we should just be happy winning games because next season we could be getting hammered week in week out i hope we don't but it could happen so we should just be happy with the games we're winning whether it's 3-0 or 1-0 because we don't know how many times we'll get the winning feeling next season so we should just be happy with the results as long as we're winning Edited by Leicester_Fox1884

I don't give a shit that some mental Forest fans are saying that they think their squad is better than ours.

Every other football fan in the country knows that the gulf between ours and theirs (in our favour) is laughably big.

Frankly, the Forest fans can say what they like. It only illustrates to the rest of the football community what a set of wankers they are.

• Like 1

I don't give a shit that some mental Forest fans are saying that they think their squad is better than ours.

Every other football fan in the country knows that the gulf between ours and theirs (in our favour) is laughably big.

Frankly, the Forest fans can say what they like. It only illustrates to the rest of the football community what a set of wankers they are.

Forest fans are just deluded because there not the top East Midlands team anymore & they ain't bin for a long time they come up with excuses why there not top we know & every sane football fan knows we're the best in the division by a country mile but forest have to tell there selfs there best but because they've had injures there not top but even if they did have a full squad i don't think they'd be top a lot of sub standard players in my opinion typical forest fans though there always the best in there world even though there not

The Charlton fans observations are pretty astute and I agree we've been a little spoilt lately, the timing of the goals and minimal threat from Charlton meant the atmosphere was pretty subdued. I'm hoping the SK1 lads keep up the good work as bemused as many others on the pretty big drop in attendance from last week. Roll on Barnsley! !!

I've noticed something which I take a fair bit of encouragement from: If you think back to last year, how many people were singing Cardiff's praises?  Everyone bar Cardiff themselves saw them as jam merchants eternally scraping their way to success - look at them now, struggling to pull themselves out of the relegation zone.  I know it's far from concrete proof that we have what it takes, but it makes me very warm inside hearing the country constantly calling us the "best team in the league by a mile" and other such hyperboles.

Forest fans are just deluded because there not the top East Midlands team anymore & they ain't bin for a long time they come up with excuses why there not top we know & every sane football fan knows we're the best in the division by a country mile but forest have to tell there selfs there best but because they've had injures there not top but even if they did have a full squad i don't think they'd be top a lot of sub standard players in my opinion typical forest fans though there always the best in there world even though there not

The perfect post for illustrating bad grammar at it's very worst! 

• Like 2

The perfect post for illustrating bad grammar at it's very worst!

well sorry it ain't the end of the world is it Jesus Christ i don't care how u think i spell so long as people can understand what I'm typing it don't really matter does it ? This is how i type so either like it or lump it i don't have a pop at anyone on how they spell or whatever even though I've seen some appalling spellers in my time no need to be a grammar nazi now is there oh & what I'm typing on is a ipad so it auto corrects typing btw Edited by Leicester_Fox1884