Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We haven't played very well against Forest this season by our standards, so I can understand why some of them might think we're average. If they also watched us against Leeds on TV, for example, then yes, you might think we're average. We also haven't blown any teams away by four or five goals this season.

On the other hand, if they watched us at home to Derby on TV or, for some reason seeing as there are some experts on there lol, they somehow managed to catch us away at Birmingham, they would know exactly why we are miles clear at the top. And despite not blowing teams away on a regular basis, we've still beaten as many teams by three or more goals as anyone else in the division.

Looking at the difference between our games and Forest's games, we've both lost five and we've both won eight by more than one goal.

The difference is that we've won 14 games by a single goal and drawn five.

They have won six by a single goal and drawn 13.

Again, I can see from that why they think there's not a massive gulf between the two sides.

The injuries thing is just silly though. Yes, they've had a lot of injuries. But would they have signed Fox if they'd had those injuries? Or Hobbs? Or Djebbour? If we had seven first team players out injured then we'd have made a few more signings in January - players to start, rather than the two subs we brought in.

Essentially, they're doing well despite the injuries because they have spent a lot of money and have a pretty large squad for this division. They're not getting by at the moment with kids, they still have a team full of experienced players (Fox, Collins, Halford, Jara, Moussi etc) who are just backup for them.

Trying to score points about that seems... well... pointless.

Edited by Fez
  • Like 4

Sorry but Leicester have not got a better squad than us on paper or on the pitch if our squad was fully fit, other than Liam Moore and Vardy i wouldn't want any of their players. In my opinion it demonstrates how poor this league is that they seem to be coasting to the title because with their squad 15 points in the Prem is all the could hope for

Forest fans don't think Drinkwater would get in their team lol

Drinkwater would get in any side outside of the Premier League's top 7 and Southampton at the minute.

Vardy likewise. You can see why Southampton would be interested in him in January, he'd be absolutely dynamite in their high-pressing system.

We haven't played very well against Forest this season by our standards, so I can understand why some of them might think we're average. If they also watched us against Leeds on TV, for example, then yes, you might think we're average. We also haven't blown any teams away by four or five goals this season.

On the other hand, if they watched us at home to Derby on TV or, for some reason seeing as there are some experts on there lol, they somehow managed to catch us away at Birmingham, they would know exactly why we are miles clear at the top. And despite not blowing teams away on a regular basis, we've still beaten as many teams by three or more goals as anyone else in the division.

Looking at the difference between our games and Forest's games, we've both lost five and we've both won eight by more than one goal.

The difference is that we've won 14 games by a single goal and drawn five.

They have won six by a single goal and drawn 13.

Again, I can see from that why they think there's not a massive gulf between the two sides.

The injuries thing is just silly though. Yes, they've had a lot of injuries. But would they have signed Fox if they'd had those injuries? Or Hobbs? Or Djebbour? If we had seven first team players out injured then we'd have made a few more signings in January - players to start, rather than the two subs we brought in.

Essentially, they're doing well despite the injuries because they have spent a lot of money and have a pretty large squad for this division. They're not getting by at the moment with kids, they still have a team full of experienced players (Fox, Collins, Halford, Jara, Moussi etc) who are just backup for them.

Trying to score points about that seems... well... pointless.

Absolutely spot on about the injuries. The fact that they've actually improved since Cohen was injured seems to be lost on them as well.

They are so deluded it actually gets me pissed off.

There are a couple of them who are decent but the rest I mean, Which other Championship team would say no to Kasper,De Laet,Morgan,Konchesky,Knockaert,James,Drinkwater,Dyer.

And then there's still Nugent, King, Hammond, Wood, Schlupp, Was, Phillips. Etc..

Deluded.

Their biased is obvious.

They 'take out the members of our squad which they have injured' and say our squad is not even 'top 6'.

Are forest the only side in the country able to loan in players?

It is gonna be great at the end of the season when they remain in this division. I really hope west brom, sunderland and cardiff are relegated from the prem, it will guarantee forest a play-off spot at best  :D  :D  :D

Absolutely spot on about the injuries. The fact that they've actually improved since Cohen was injured seems to be lost on them as well.

Yep, if you look at the times they've conceded at least twice this season, Lichaj and Hobbs in particular have played in a lot of them. Cohen and Wilson in a few others at the start too

Because we're running away with it, it automatically means the league is poor or average. If they were in our position, I bet it'd be all, "WIGUN, REDDIN, BIG SPENDIN LESTA, £100MILLION QPR, BLAKBURM THIS IZ DA TUFFEST CHAMPIONSHIP EVURR!!!111"

Sorry but Leicester have not got a better squad than us on paper or on the pitch if our squad was fully fit, other than Liam Moore and Vardy i wouldn't want any of their players. In my opinion it demonstrates how poor this league is that they seem to be coasting to the title because with their squad 15 points in the Prem is all the could hope for

Sad. So many come out with such drivel as if the bottom half of the Premier League is full of non-crap sides (which it isn't)

I hate this "not a top 2" squad/player bollocks. Looking back over the last few seasons, when have teams that "should" have, actually walked it? Newcastle and West Brom aside it's rare. West Ham's squad was stronger than the one they went down with and they came 3rd! Look at that same season when so many were convinced we'd walk it after spending £15m+. 

"On paper" means bugger all now. Look at QPR, so far behind Burnley.

I could understand it if they had some great individuals. But most of their players are average compared to ours, it's as simple as that. Regardless of the fact we play better as a team - Drinkwater, Vardy, James, Schmeichel, Knockaert would all walk into their team without a shadow of a doubt.

The squad thing is funny, they say they have the better squad and then moan when it can't cope with injuries... so not that good then!!!

Lets say we removed our first choice outfield 10, but everyone else was fit. And we take for granted players who are on loan wouldn't be because of the injuries. We could still cobble together the following squad.

Kasper

St Ledger

Whitbread

Wasyl

Miquel

Schlupp

Andy King

Hammond

Mahrez

Wood

Phillips

Bench:

Logan

Danns

Waghorn

Taylor-Fletcher

• Like 1

Drinkwater would get in any side outside of the Premier League's top 7 and Southampton at the minute.

Vardy likewise. You can see why Southampton would be interested in him in January, he'd be absolutely dynamite in their high-pressing system.

I like Drinwater but .......

The squad thing is funny, they say they have the better squad and then moan when it can't cope with injuries... so not that good then!!!

Lets say we removed our first choice outfield 10, but everyone else was fit. And we take for granted players who are on loan wouldn't be because of the injuries. We could still cobble together the following squad.

Kasper

St Ledger

Whitbread

Wasyl

Miquel

Schlupp

Andy King

Hammond

Mahrez

Wood

Phillips

Bench:

Logan

Danns

Waghorn

Taylor-Fletcher

Could never understand how last season people kept going on about what a strong bench we had.

We do this year, that's not a bad second 11.

I think your all mad I'd swap everyone of our players for there's.

After all 20k people and 5th place in the league with 55pts say's we are not as good as them.

The facts above stack up just face it they have a far better squad than we do. :ph34r: