Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just a suggestion Leicester Fox and feel free to ignore it, but why don't you have a look on the internet on how to improve your grammar?

Just trying to help.

yeah i did have a look earlier but i have to sit there and memorise it which usually takes hours for me.

I am trying but they do not see it that way i think we should leave it where it is now it is just derailing a perfectly good thread.

• Like 1

Can we perhaps go back to talking about what other teams'  fans are saying about our club, rather than what our own fans are saying about our own fans?

If you lot want to have a debate on grammar and spelling take it elsewhere for crying out loud...

yeah i did have a look earlier but i have to sit there and memorise it which usually takes hours for me.

I am trying but they do not see it that way i think we should leave it where it is now it is just derailing a perfectly good thread.

Fair play and yeah we should get back to talking about football.

you really think you are getting to me mate ?.

Well keep trying because it isn't working i have said i am trying but that isn't good enough for you and i do not care what you think about me.

Because i have not got a sad life like you trying to bully people over the Internet keep doing it if you want to because you are not getting to me you are just making me laugh how sad and pathetic you are.

You need to work out who your enemies are and those that couldn't give a fvck. :thumbup:

Leicester Fox.

You don't need to apologise or justify yourself to the clowns we have on here.

If they have nothing better to do then pull you up on grammar etc then they lead very sad lives.

Your a Fox. In my eyes that makes you a good lad. Who cares what your grammar or spelling is like or anyone else's is like.

We all support and love the same club and that makes us all equal in my eyes.

Don't let the few idiots on here stop you posting mate.

You're a Fox :P

Just kidding, well, I'm not kidding in that it should be you're, I'm just having a laugh innit.

At Leicester_Fox1884, don't think everyone is having a pop, most people generally on here take the piss a bit and it is harmless "banter", and most of the Grammar comments after the first one were just messing around. Good to see you're trying to improve your posts though, grammar and shit isn't the be all and end all, but the more readable a post is the more likely to get a response.

and what about my location i can not help where i was brought up and where i was born i am happy where i live unlike you i do not go around mocking other people's estates or city's you can keep trying to drive me out because it isn't working.

it's the fact you spelled it wrong. not the location itself.

I've noticed something which I take a fair bit of encouragement from: If you think back to last year, how many people were singing Cardiff's praises?  Everyone bar Cardiff themselves saw them as jam merchants eternally scraping their way to success - look at them now, struggling to pull themselves out of the relegation zone.  I know it's far from concrete proof that we have what it takes, but it makes me very warm inside hearing the country constantly calling us the "best team in the league by a mile" and other such hyperboles.

Said this time last year that they were nothing special and I stand by that now. Hull & Watford looked better footballing sides to me.

We were similar to Cardiff at the start of the season in my opinion, but in the last few months we've really come onto a whole new level.

As for the Charlton fans comment about our fans - I'm struggling to disagree. It's not anything unique to Leicester, Man City fans had a noisy reputation but their place sounds absolutely silent these days even in the 'Champions' League and that's what high expectations does sadly.

I think our home support has been better this season than last season but the mindset of too many fans makes it appear dull even when we're watching some brilliant football.

Said this time last year that they were nothing special and I stand by that now. Hull & Watford looked better footballing sides to me.

We were similar to Cardiff at the start of the season in my opinion, but in the last few months we've really come onto a whole new level.

As for the Charlton fans comment about our fans - I'm struggling to disagree. It's not anything unique to Leicester, Man City fans had a noisy reputation but their place sounds absolutely silent these days even in the 'Champions' League and that's what high expectations does sadly.

I think our home support has been better this season than last season but the mindset of too many fans makes it appear dull even when we're watching some brilliant football.

I was thinking about this the other day. Last year everyone was saying how poor/dull they thought Cardiff were. Compare that to this year and everyone is saying how we're the best team they have seen, a league above. I have to say in my unbiased view, ahem, that I feel we are the best team i have seen at this level for a long long time and have played some of the best football I have ever seen at this level. Edited by Vlad the Fox

This bloke has got to be on a wind up. Nobody gets that offended by grammar criticism.

What a waste of my life the last couple of pages have been.

So stop replying to each other FFS.

coventry fan in financial ignorance shocker: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573315&page=22&p=46655143#post46655143

so, despite supposedly looking into the thais, he completely missed the whole debt/equity swap back in december, you know the one we made a massive deal out of, complete with public displays of appreciation?

• Like 1

coventry fan in financial ignorance shocker: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573315&page=22&p=46655143#post46655143

so, despite supposedly looking into the thais, he completely missed the whole debt/equity swap back in december, you know the one we made a massive deal out of, complete with public displays of appreciation?

He's right about them owning the stadium and the club and not us, that's kind of the point of club ownership.  Unfortunately his parents being related seems to have left him living in some deluded alternate reality where the Srivaddhanaprabhas haven't made numerous statements of intent.

Good post. You'd think Cov fans would know a bit more about dodgy owners, financial losses and how to lose their stadium, wouldn't you?

• Also living the dream: Leicester reporting a £34m loss, up from £30m in 2012 and £15.2m in 2011, a decade after administration. "The Srivaddhanaprabha family seek to deliver their vision of sustainable, long-term success through continued, strategic investment."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/08/said-and-done-fair-play-debt

I was thinking about this the other day. Last year everyone was saying how poor/dull they thought Cardiff were. Compare that to this year and everyone is saying how we're the best team they have seen, a league above. I have to say in my unbiased view, ahem, that I feel we are the best team i have seen at this level for a long long time and have played some of the best football I have ever seen at this level.

I fully agree - but how can anyone tell? The only people who watch us regularly will be biased towards us.

A lot of the league winners in the past few years have been criticised for being 'not all that' but I do wonder if it's people expecting too much from sides that are top of this league.

Some of the football we've played outperforms a lot of the Premier League in my opinion. The key word there is 'some', but I really do think the combination of skill, teamwork and pace have lead to some unreal stuff from us this year that simply no-one comes close to matching. I'm delighted to have that view.