Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

As a fanbase we need to be realistic but not be walked over by a lot of them. Out of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City & Arsenal - you would think in twelve games, we are going to win one of them.

As a fanbase we need to be realistic but not be walked over by a lot of them. Out of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City & Arsenal - you would think in twelve games, we are going to win one of them.

Going on this season United are the weakest link there but it would still be a mammoth task to beat them.

Surely if we go up we should be looking at bottom third teams to get points from for a start. Recent Championship sides spring to mind.

Walk before you run and all that.

Talk-fookin-sport at five am this morning had Matt Laurence, (former Palace and Millwall player) talking about the competitiveness of the championship, and previewing the fixtures, blah, blah, blah.

I nearly phoned in for a rant after he spent the first five minutes praising Burnley and the manager for a wonderful job they are doing, and when I heard, "compared to teams that have huge squads like QPR, Forest and Leicester..." I reached for my phone. But to be fair he then did go on to say how fantastic we are, and barring a miracle, we'll romp promotion.

However, it did make me think, will City and Pearson get the credit they deserve? It shouldn't bother me what anyone else thinks, but it does.

Talk-fookin-sport at five am this morning had Matt Laurence, (former Palace and Millwall player) talking about the competitiveness of the championship, and previewing the fixtures, blah, blah, blah.

I nearly phoned in for a rant after he spent the first five minutes praising Burnley and the manager for a wonderful job they are doing, and when I heard, "compared to teams that have huge squads like QPR, Forest and Leicester..." I reached for my phone. But to be fair he then did go on to say how fantastic we are, and barring a miracle, we'll romp promotion.

However, it did make me think, will City and Pearson get the credit they deserve? It shouldn't bother me what anyone else thinks, but it does.

It's an ignorant, easy, throw away quote which shows him up for the idiot he is. Anybody with any knowledge at all knows what a small squad we have comparatively. Wouldn't get worked up by it.

We probably won't get the credit we deserve from all quarters but some will recognise what a great job Nige and Co. have actually done

It's an ignorant, easy, throw away quote which shows him up for the idiot he is. Anybody with any knowledge at all knows what a small squad we have comparatively. Wouldn't get worked up by it.

We probably won't get the credit we deserve from all quarters but some will recognise what a great job Nige and Co. have actually done

Without wanting to defend the journos, its probably the fact that we have a strong squad rather than a big squad than causes this assumption.

The large squad thing really fvcks me off, we are near the bottom of the 'fewest players used' table.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I bet most of those at the top would have had loanees coming in and out all the time rather than possessing a large squad all season, whereas our squad has been fairly consistent without the need for short-term loan players.

Also, Forest would be seen as having a large squad yet they've only used 3 more players than us.

Edited by Fez

Click the "squad" tab and note that we have the 4th smallest in the league.

Then note that Billy Davies has the 3rd biggest in the league at his disposal, and consider his constant complaints about injuries. Suggests that he either doesn't know shit about a good signing, or is straight-up lying about his squad being stretched, but failing to admit that he doesn't trust his back-upto do a job.

God, I love being a Leicester fan at the minute. If the worst we can bring on is the likes of GTF, who played a blinder today, we are in a wonderful place. :scarf: