Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I fully agree - but how can anyone tell? The only people who watch us regularly will be biased towards us.

A lot of the league winners in the past few years have been criticised for being 'not all that' but I do wonder if it's people expecting too much from sides that are top of this league.

Some of the football we've played outperforms a lot of the Premier League in my opinion. The key word there is 'some', but I really do think the combination of skill, teamwork and pace have lead to some unreal stuff from us this year that simply no-one comes close to matching. I'm delighted to have that view.

good post

I fully agree - but how can anyone tell? The only people who watch us regularly will be biased towards us.

A lot of the league winners in the past few years have been criticised for being 'not all that' but I do wonder if it's people expecting too much from sides that are top of this league.

Some of the football we've played outperforms a lot of the Premier League in my opinion. The key word there is 'some', but I really do think the combination of skill, teamwork and pace have lead to some unreal stuff from us this year that simply no-one comes close to matching. I'm delighted to have that view.

Don't agree with that

Cardiff got stick for not being all that, justified stick if you ask me, as they really weren't and I saw plenty of them, skanked there way out of many a game they shouldn't of and it is not of any supirse to me at all that they are fairing the worst out of themselves Hull and Palace. 

Reading QPR, were both playing tidy football on their promotion to the prem, I don't think either of them were as good as we've been this season but they were worthy of their league winners medal. Newcastle the year before dicked the league and I'd say they had a better squad than we do now, I think we'll be the best team to win this league since them and our points tally will back that up.

• Like 1

Don't agree with that

Cardiff got stick for not being all that, justified stick if you ask me, as they really weren't and I saw plenty of them, skanked there way out of many a game they shouldn't of and it is not of any supirse to me at all that they are fairing the worst out of themselves Hull and Palace. 

Reading QPR, were both playing tidy football on their promotion to the prem, I don't think either of them were as good as we've been this season but they were worthy of their league winners medal. Newcastle the year before dicked the league and I'd say they had a better squad than we do now, I think we'll be the best team to win this league since them and our points tally will back that up.

I like your confidence, but I have to agree and can be completely unbiased saying that we are the best team I've seen in this league for a few years.

Cardiff were also getting stick from supporters of a lot of other clubs. If I remember correctly they were even getting stick from their fans about their negative dull football and lucky 1-0's.

If you're looking for similar recently promoted teams I think Swansea are the closest comparison.

I'd say Southampton too, given the relative youth of both our current crop and their promotion winning side, as well as the length of their top-flight exile and identical stadium. Hopefully we do what they managed to do (as well as Swansea, and to an extent, Hull this term) and pepper the squad with a few quality additions rather than pull up every possible tree in some kind of gargantuan overhaul.

I can't see Nigel going all out for an entire new first eleven, thank God.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1

I'd say Southampton too, given the relative youth of both our current crop and their promotion winning side, as well as the length of their top-flight exile and identical stadium. Hopefully we do what they managed to do (as well as Swansea, and to an extent, Hull this term) and pepper the squad with a few quality additions rather than pull up every possible tree in some kind of gargantuan overhaul.

I can't see Nigel going all out for an entire new first eleven, thank God.

Totally agree with this. We are very similar to Southampton, just a few years behind. Both got relegated to League 1 and since then have grown in quality each year. Southampton have had 4 players in the England squad this year, they've been in the Prem for less than 2 seasons. Just imagine if Leicester could be where they are by the time we reach the 2015/16 season... What 4 England players would we have? Drinkwater, James, Moore and Vardy?

Oh, can I just add that Leicester did the double over Southampton the year they got promoted :D

We're Leicester City...
...we cheat every week.

That's what they should've been singing.

B'stards.

Hope they sink lower than Pompey.

Was gonna post this on their forum, but there's no fuqer on it ...

...too busy serving, I guess...
im_knew_hearUser is OnlinePosts: 3,200Liked: 162 times in 126 postsJoined: August 2010Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 11 Mar 2014 22:32
re: We're Leicester City...
p.s. Crack on Maurice, hope they pay well. Tw@t
KazziebfcUser is OnlinePosts: 4,083Liked: 47 times in 34 postsJoined: April 2009Hall of Fame4 year member
Posted 11 Mar 2014 22:34

They were disgraceful... gone well darn in my estimations after tonite...

Well wtf is going on here?

Edited by Unabomber

We're Leicester City......we cheat every week.

That's what they should've been singing.

B'stards.

Hope they sink lower than Pompey.

Was gonna post this on their forum, but there's no fuqer on it ...

...too busy serving, I guess...

PrevNextComplainQuoteReply

im_knew_hearUser is OnlinePosts: 3,200Liked: 162 times in 126 postsJoined: August 2010Hall of Fame3 year member

Posted 11 Mar 2014 22:32

p.s. Crack on Maurice, hope they pay well. Tw@t

ComplainQuoteReply

KazziebfcUser is OnlinePosts: 4,083Liked: 47 times in 34 postsJoined: April 2009Hall of Fame4 year member

Posted 11 Mar 2014 22:34

They were disgraceful... gone well darn in my estimations after tonite...

Well wtf is going on here?

What's the forum called? lol

Barnsley are a waste of space really. Teams like that should just be banned.

Fancy awakening that tosser we mauled on Twitter last year? Definition of tinpot. Fooking cheating, what next?

Fancy awakening that tosser we mauled on Twitter last year? Definition of tinpot. Fooking cheating, what next?

I tried to find him earlier but I must have deleted the tweets from last year.

"Sometimes it doesn't make it any easier but you've got be honest - they're the best team by a stretch," said Wilson. 

"Some of the football they played was great to watch but it was hard being on the receiving end"

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/dannys-leicester-reaction-1413136.aspx#r196HLyHiealLwP7.99

god it feels great doesnt it.

Edited by ManchesterFox12

Those threads lol

Jesus wept. You would of thought they'd take defeat gracefully, they should be used to it by now.

And cheating? Sky Sports hasn't mentioned any of that. Unless putting the ball past the sticks is an offence now, in which case after tonight we're absolutely dirty b@stards.

I don't get it. What's wrong with singing about your position, or whatever? 

I like Barnsley and hope they stay up but surely they don't expect us not to sing about the fact we're clear at the top of the league.

that barnsley board is just full of hate. they hate their team, our team, themselves, us, the officials, each other, just hate. they are all miserable. 

there was a nice cheltenham write up though. crap tips but nicely put. 

Bet they weren't moaning or bitching about how much we spent when we put in the disgraceful performance at their place last season that made them look like Bayern Munich.

No, I bet they were claiming "You can't buy the league", "money guarantees nothing" etc.

• Like 2

Bet they weren't moaning or bitching about how much we spent when we put in the disgraceful performance at their place last season that made them look like Bayern Munich.

No, I bet they were claiming "You can't buy the league", "money guarantees nothing" etc.

Hahaha exactly