Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

He was never really given any limelight before though, in fact he was shunned by pretty much every news outlet until he had the belt.

I just dont think he has the capacity for logical thinking like you suggest.

Oh don't get me wrong I don't think it was a conscious logical thought, more a sub conscious reaction to both being a champion and having knowing he had  to do it all over again.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

TBH any comparison with mike Tyson is ridiculous irrelevant and rather unfair. Even if he is s never as good as mike Tyson, so what? Can we not just have a world class sports man without waffling on about how he probably wouldn't of beaten a man who looked unbeatable for about 18 months. Why does it even matter?

I don't know why you are having such a problem understanding Pabs?

Here's how I see it. AJ is a class fighter in his own right. He's beaten everything that's been put in front of him. He's charismatic, seems a good guy, articulate and a real crowd puller.

He's also not fought anyone much good...with the clear exception of Klitch. But as I said last night, that was a Klitch very much in the twilight of his illustrious career (and even then he put AJ on his arse).

All I'm saying is that you can't consider AJ to be a REALLY great fighter until he has some scraps with some opponents who have a realistic chance of beating him. 

If Frank Bruno was fighting now, he'd look like AJ and probably have the same record. But big Frank was competing at the same time as some really good heavyweights, including Mike Tyson of course.

It's natural people will compare fighters. It's just how it is. Comparisons were being made last night between the physique of AJ and that of Bruno.

Until AJ faces someone who has much of a chance to beat him then he's never going to be seen as a true great of the heavyweight division. 

Edited by Col city fan

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

Tyson in his prime was an animal, he would have taken on the greatest of all time and won. However his prime wasnt here for long and its easy to remember the circus that surrounded him.

Joshua isnt in his prime yet, so its unfair to compare now. 

When iron mike knocked someone out, they were out cold.

But that's just it.  Tyson has always made for an incredible highlight reel in his early years.  But the truth is that when Tyson fought the two genuine greats of his era, Holyfield and Lewis, he was almost beaten to tears.  

Not saying that Joshua would have beaten Tyson, but I would argue that Joshua already has a more impressive KO victory on his CV than Tyson.

Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

But that's just it.  Tyson has always made for an incredible highlight reel in his early years.  But the truth is that when Tyson fought the two genuine greats of his era, Holyfield and Lewis, he was almost beaten to tears.  

Not saying that Joshua would have beaten Tyson, but I would argue that Joshua already has a more impressive KO victory on his CV than Tyson.

Just my opinion.

That wasnt the same Tyson that fought Holyfield and Lewis. They only became greats once they beat Tyson, Holyfield was almost washed up at the time and Lewis fought Tyson when he was well passed it. Tyson was the one that bought all the belts together, he was unstoppable until he went to jail. After that the circus took over and his head was gone. 

My opinion is, in his prime, he was the best heavyweight of all time. He didn't have the best career though, i'm pretty sure he still has some unbeaten records, i'll check later.

Mike Tyson the 1985 to 1988  version would have knocked out Ali , Lewis etc.... 

Mike Tyson in that 3 years was the perfect fighter , speed , stamina, power , timing and a clinical will to kill his opponents 

From 1867 till this day in 2017 that 1985-88 Mike Tyson was the greatest heavy weight of all time BAR none ! 

Vicious machine 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I don't know why you are having such a problem understanding Pabs?

Here's how I see it. AJ is a class fighter in his own right. He's beaten everything that's been put in front of him. He's charismatic, seems a good guy, articulate and a real crowd puller.

He's also not fought anyone much good...with the clear exception of Klitch. But as I said last night, that was a Klitch very much in the twilight of his illustrious career (and even then he put AJ on his arse).

All I'm saying is that you can't consider AJ to be a REALLY great fighter until he has some scraps with some opponents who have a realistic chance of beating him. 

If Frank Bruno was fighting now, he'd look like AJ and probably have the same record. But big Frank was competing at the same time as some really good heavyweights, including Mike Tyson of course.

It's natural people will compare fighters. It's just how it is. Comparisons were being made last night between the physique of AJ and that of Bruno.

Until AJ faces someone who has much of a chance to beat him then he's never going to be seen as a true great of the heavyweight division. 

Understanding what? Respect your opinions but let's face it you know about 1/8 about this sport compared to me, with that in mind I'm struggling to see what exactly it is you expect me to understand. 

If if it's that Anthony Joshua does not belong in the boxing hall of fame above mike Tyson (obviously circa 1987-1989) I haven't said that, Anthony Joshua hasn't said that, sky sports haven't said that and Eddie Hearn hasn't said that, so I'm struggling to see why there is a long line of folk out there beating him with that stick, his story is only half complete. About five years from now you might have a valid point if he's not taken a decent challenge. My bet is he will have another land mark fight around this time next year, probably wilder, if not Parker, hopefully the former.

Frank Bruno lol I hate to say anything bad about him as he lived and trained around these parts and put an effort in for my old mans best mates family when he was sadly killed in a cycling accident but you might want to look up James smith. Bruno was good but never great.

There's something to be said about beating lesser fighters consistently, it's something Lewis, Holyfield, and Tyson did not manage.

But I've said all of this before and no doubt when he gets forced to fight Alex Ustinov by the wba you'll be up in arms slagging off Eddie Hearn for making a fight he has no control over. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Understanding what? Respect your opinions but let's face it you know about 1/8 about this sport compared to me, with that in mind I'm struggling to see what exactly it is you expect me to understand. 

Fook me Pabs, you got a certificate to show that?:lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

This may be true but it's possibly the most arrogant post I've ever seen on here! And people call me bad...!

If it's true it's not arrogant, arrogance is misplaced self belief....it was perhaps a little ott but then you were implying I couldn't understand a very basic concept. You will get your mega fight col it might just not happen over night.

8 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Fook me Pabs, you got a certificate to show that?:lol

No but I'd quite like it if someone could make me on. 

On 30/10/2017 at 00:20, Manwell Pablo said:

TO BE FAIR 1/8th is a little harsh id say 1/6th more accurate , but still a significant difference all the same lol 

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:
On 10/30/2017 at 00:20, Manwell Pablo said:

TO BE FAIR 1/8th is a little harsh id say 1/6th more accurate , but still a significant difference all the same lol 

Personally, I think it's bad form to shove it down a persons threat when you are 'expert' in any subject.

I contribute to the boxing thread cos I've always loved boxing.

What I don't need is someone telling me they know so much more about it than I do.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Personally, I think it's bad form to shove it down a persons threat when you are 'expert' in any subject.

What I don't need is someone telling me they know so much more about it than I do.

You two are like an old married couple ???

GET A ROOM ! 

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think you need to have a look through some of your posting history in that case. Wasn't it you who claimed they were hardly ever wrong when it comes to football.

This is fine I am not stopping you from contributing but if you preach your opinion at me like it's gospel and claim I am failing to understand it you'll probably get a response of that nature.

And I wont be framing that, lazy tw@t hasn't even signed it or put the correct date on it. Sort it out Singh

Edited by Manwell Pablo

58 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think you need to have a look through some of your posting history in that case. Wasn't it you who claimed they were hardly ever wrong when it comes to football.

This is fine I am not stopping you from contributing but if you preach your opinion at me like it's gospel and claim I am failing to understand it you'll probably get a response of that nature.

And I wont be framing that, lazy tw@t hasn't even signed it or put the correct date on it. Sort it out Singh

I thought @GaelicFox had done it?

18 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Furys back in training judging by his Instagram account.

How long for this time I Wonder? 

Hopefully long enough to get back to his best.

AJ vs Fury is the fight the world needs but it's the last one that AJ wants.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hopefully long enough to get back to his best.

AJ vs Fury is the fight the world needs but it's the last one that AJ wants.

Just can't see him being motivated enough for him to get into any kind of shape to face AJ.

Shame really as this is the fight everyone wants to see.

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Just can't see him being motivated enough for him to get into any kind of shape to face AJ.

Shame really as this is the fight everyone wants to see.

AJ and his camp definitely don't want that fight.

Nothing to win (barring the endless cash that he probably doesn't need lol) and everything to lose.

Just now, AKCJ said:

AJ and his camp definitely don't want that fight.

Nothing to win (barring the endless cash that he probably doesn't need lol) and everything to lose.

I think your wrong, AJ and his camp would want that fight.

He's even called him out a couple of times.

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

I think your wrong, AJ and his camp would want that fight.

He's even called him out a couple of times.

I'm with you on this.

AJ's main aim is to shut people up, silence haters and be undisputed.

He's the last character i'd expect to shy away from a fight.

He's not scared of losing either, if he was there's no way he'd fight the way he fights.