Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m sure he was good, but we can’t have fighters Brain dead... he was getting hit with every shot ... but a rematch is a must great fight 

He was surviving that, at that point for me. The bell was close enough his feet were firm, his legs steady, the fight continues.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why do you keep going on about Charles Martin who basically fell over when Joshua blew on him?

Twice....

Who is out there to give AJ a close fight? Is Wilder anywhere near him?

Did you even read what I said about Charles Martin mate lol 

id not hold your breath even big dee is going to struggle.

typical British attitude towards a top sports man on display tonight seen the same with Andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton. The minute they achieve greatness there's just a line of people wanting to bring them down as quick as possible. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m sure he was good, but we can’t have fighters Brain dead... he was getting hit with every shot ... but a rematch is a must great fight 

you'll not get a rematch pal get that thought out your head straight away. Respect to Carlos but he won a round at best.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Did you even read what I said about Charles Martin mate lol 

id not hold your breath even big dee is going to struggle.

typical British attitude towards a top sports man on display tonight seen the same with Andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton. The minute they achieve greatness there's just a line of people wanting to bring them down as quick as possible. 

Who has a typical British attitude? Me?

I have nothing against AJ and I'm well happy he's the champ. All I've ever asked is who is out there to even contest him? A champ he is, but to be a proper champ he's got to enter a fight where the other bloke is expected to have as much a chance as winning as he has. At this rate, he'll go on being the best having never fought anyone in his league. Klitch was the best opponent he's had, but that wasn't Klitch at his peak. Nowhere near.

You're clearly an Eddie Hearn dream, getting sucked into the AJ gravy train, without questioning anything. I'd just like to see him fighting a real hungry title contender.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I have nothing against AJ and I'm well happy he's the champ. All I've ever asked is who is out there to even contest him? A champ he is, but to be a proper champ he's got to enter a fight where the other bloke is expected to have as much a chance as winning as he has. At this rate, he'll go on being the best having never fought anyone in his league. Klitch was the best opponent he's had, but that wasn't Klitch at his peak. Nowhere near.

All this would make sense if he was in the twilight of his career but he has 8-10 years left, there is plenty of time to beat everyone.

You cant complain about competition that doesnt exist.

No just in general

Totally.

The bit where your falling down is its not his fault he's that good, and therefore there are very few men who are actually going to challenge him.

and tbf to him he's taken one on and knocked them out.

im confused as to why you are so annoyed, it like wanting Man City to play Real Madrid every week.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

All this would make sense if he was in the twilight of his career but he has 8-10 years left, there is plenty of time to beat everyone.

You cant complain about competition that doesnt exist.

I'm not complaining about competition that doesn't exist. I'm just saying it's a bloody shame. I don't think we can ever gauge just how good a fighter is until he has a couple of real opponents to either beat to win a belt or to fight to maintain it. For instance, we can't even know whether AJ would have beaten Fury.

You are right though. There are still years ahead of him for someone to enter the fray and to give him a real real scrap.

I'm not complaining about competition that doesn't exist. I'm just saying it's a bloody shame. I don't think we can ever gauge just how good a fighter is until he has a couple of real opponents to either beat to win a belt or to fight to maintain it. For instance, we can't even know whether AJ would have beaten Fury.

You are right though. There are still years ahead of him for someone to enter the fray and to give him a real real scrap.

Yeah furys career ending like it has is a such a tragedy, i really hope other fighters emerge.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wlad was a real opponent so that makes him one short, fast car Eddie reckons he will fight wilder about this time next year.

youre just bloody impatient lol 

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah furys career ending like it has is a such a tragedy, i really hope other fighters emerge.

As a lot of people would say.

Personally I think he's realised he caught very complacent world class fighter on a off day and half of his mental problems have resulted in the realisation he has to top that in order to maintain the kind of reputation he has now. 

Clearly a troubled individual but I think the fact he knows this could be as good as it gets is only compounding his mental issues

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

As a lot of people would say.

Personally I think he's realised he caught very complacent world class fighter on a off day and half of his mental problems have resulted in the realisation he has to top that in order to maintain the kind of reputation he has now. 

Really, no i dont think he has the capacity for that type of thinking. I think the mental condition is genuine and he really is a unable to control himself. 

I’ll never understand the demand and love in for Fury on twitter and at times on here.

The Man WAS a professional sportsman getting paid a fortune but instead of taking his sport seriously he chose blow and drink.

I don’t care if he’s a better fighter he’s got zero respect for the sport or his fellow fighters

And before anyone says anything I understand how horrific mental health problems are... I just think in his case there’s more than that.

Edited by AjcW

Just now, AjcW said:

I’ll never understand the demand and love in for Fury on twitter and at times on here.

The Man WAS a professional sportsman getting paid a fortune but instead of taking his sport seriously he chose blow and drink.

I don’t care if he’s a better fighter he’s got zero respect for the sport or his fellow fighters

He is mental though, like full on mania. You cant function professionally with that condition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

He is mental though, like full on mania. You cant function professionally with that condition. 

So why do the media and his family encourage him? Just let him live out his life however he sees fit. 

Its a a different sport now, one bloke who sacrifices everything and gets everyone’s success and one who wants to party (for whatever reason) 

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Really, no i dont think he has the capacity for that type of thinking. I think the mental condition is genuine and he really is a unable to control himself. 

Hes had that his entire life.

his condition is genuine.

it is funny how it's stopped him competing after a win he will struggle to better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes had that his entire life.

his condition is genuine.

it is funny how it's stopped him competing after a win he will struggle to better.

He was never really given any limelight before though, in fact he was shunned by pretty much every news outlet until he had the belt.

I just dont think he has the capacity for logical thinking like you suggest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Absolutely, it would of been over in 3 rounds 

What makes you so sure?

Joshua became heavyweight champion after just 16 fights.  Tyson took 28.

Joshua has knocked out all 20 of his first opponents, Including four title defences and a man who had ruled the HW division for over a decade and will go down as one of the best P4P of all time.  Tyson was held to a UD on his 20th fight and had fought nobody.

Not saying Joshua is the real deal...I have big concerns about his head and body movement and his long-range stamina.  But to compare the two at this stage is unfair.  

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

What makes you so sure?

Joshua has knocked out all 20 of his first opponents, Including four title defences and a man who had ruled the HW division for over a decade and will go down as one of the best P4P of all time.  Tyson was held to a UD on his 20th fight and had fought nobody.

Not saying Joshua is the real deal...I have big concerns about his head and body movement and his long-range stamina.  But to compare the two at this stage is unfair.  

Tyson in his prime was an animal, he would have taken on the greatest of all time and won. However his prime wasnt here for long and its easy to remember the circus that surrounded him.

Joshua isnt in his prime yet, so its unfair to compare now. 

When iron mike knocked someone out, they were out cold.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

You're clearly an Eddie Hearn dream, getting sucked into the AJ gravy train, without questioning anything. I'd just like to see him fighting a real hungry title contender.

I think you have to give AJ, his dues, like M.Ali, he is not bucking any fight proposed, and I bet like the great M.Ali he will fight

all comers.In todays world, there just aint that mass of bums to high class quality, that the 50s-80s boxers hadto fight.

Klitch brothers  were also the best of a poor bunch...AJ the Next top talent of his generation.

My opinions rest somewhere between you @col  and @Pablo.   @pablo has relevant point, and typefies todays fans,

or lets say British fans....we are more cynical, we take our top people support them just so we can knock them back down.

Or make a national patriotic point winning issue of it.In this case

AJ has nothing to prove..he fought he won, the blood and guts days are way behind us.

Boxing has no comparison..performances cant be judged against any other c sport art

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

What makes you so sure?

Tyson had those 28 fights in 18 months. He was fighting roughly every 2 weeks, thats the kind of animal Tyson was. I still remember when he knocked out Berbick in 85. Never seen anything like it before or since. AJ is a good fighter  but Tyson was a whole other beast. Who else could win a HW title 18 months after turning pro at just 5'10 (i've met him several times and thats about how tall he is).

4 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

What makes you so sure?

Wasn't Tyson world champion at 21? The youngest ever?

Tyson destroyed everyone he came up against for a long time. And imo they were much better opponents than some of the planks AJ has come up against. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a massively ridiculous fight as the Charles Martin debacle, for example.

Tyson was smaller than AJ, of course, but it was his speed that gave him the power. AJ would be on his back in three rounds against Tyson at his best imo.

TBH any comparison with mike Tyson is ridiculous irrelevant and rather unfair. Even if he is s never as good as mike Tyson, so what? Can we not just have a world class sports man without waffling on about how he probably wouldn't of beaten a man who looked unbeatable for about 18 months. Why does it even matter?