Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Finally watched the highlights. Ruiz just throwing his arms around while the fat ripples. One of the most bonkers things I've seen. 

Yeah, imagine how Mr 'Greek Adonis' AJ must feel when he sees it ...   the wobbling fat ..  the hanging beer belly ...  the short fat hairy legs just showing beneath the shorts ...   his toes have probably curled that much he's dropped a shoe size ...    :)

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yeah, imagine how Mr 'Greek Adonis' AJ must feel when he sees it ...   the wobbling fat ..  the hanging beer belly ...  the short fat hairy legs just showing beneath the shorts ...   his toes have probably curled that much he's dropped a shoe size ...    :)

It's not even just his body shape its the wild swinging arms. Nothing about him moves like a professional boxer. 

You do wonder if it would have happened if there'd been a normal amount of prep time but maybe I'm just falling in to the trap of still underestimating the guy. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's not even just his body shape its the wild swinging arms. Nothing about him moves like a professional boxer. 

You do wonder if it would have happened if there'd been a normal amount of prep time but maybe I'm just falling in to the trap of still underestimating the guy. 

I think just about everybody underestimated him ! ....  :)   (Me included) ...

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The fight plan couldn’t have gone any worse (AJ) or better (Ruiz)

lol ..  “I’m gonna smash him to pieces .. “  ....    righto.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He was already in decent shape, he boxed literally a few weeks before on the under card of Danny Garcia's last fight.

He might be fat but he can box and that's ultimately going to get you further in boxing than being ripped. Look at Tyson vs Wilder.

The most worrying thing for AJ is Ruiz is not really famous for being a big puncher, obviously he's a heavy weight so is going to hit reasonably hard but he's not known as a KO artist. Serious questions about Joshua's chin after Saturday.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think just about everybody underestimated him ! ....  :)   (Me included) ...

lol ..  “I’m gonna smash him to pieces .. “  ....    righto.

I think Ruiz and his team got it spot on tbh

’AJ doesn’t like going backwards’.. and he’d been put on the canvas before in fights.

His defence has always been iffy but I say again, I’m shocked at how exhausted he became... so early on

When Klitch floored him, AJ found a second wind but this time there was nothing. He looked knackered from round 3 

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Ruiz and his team got it spot on tbh

’AJ doesn’t like going backwards’.. and he’d been put on the canvas before in fights.

His defence has always been iffy but I say again, I’m shocked at how exhausted he became... so early on

When Klitch floored him, AJ found a second wind but this time there was nothing. He looked knackered from round 3 

Not sure it was fatigue to be honest. Think the first knockdown had him all over the place and he never really recovered.

Tbh Col I think Pabs is right, the first knockdown did the damage not fatigue ...     and I know he isn’t regarded as a big hitter but everyone can summon up one big dig every now and again and, I think, that’s what he did ...  and it connected perfectly. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Tbh Col I think Pabs is right, the first knockdown did the damage not fatigue ...     and I know he isn’t regarded as a big hitter but everyone can summon up one big dig every now and again and, I think, that’s what he did ...  and it connected perfectly. 

Yeah, makes sense

Personally I think it could be a bit of both. Got caught with a good one, rattled his brain but the underlying stamina wasn’t there to enable him to ‘re-group’.

All hypothesis of course.

It was ultimately quite bizarre by all accounts.

In my assessment the knockdowns in the third round shook his brain and took his legs but moreover shocked the living shite out of him mentally, just when he thought he was on top.

He was then in a situation where he had doubt and disbelief at the forefront of a body with dodgy legs, a fuzzy head and couldn’t get loads of oxygen because he was bleeding from both nostrils and his gum shield was hampering him breathing through his mouth which led to further fatigue.

Ruiz going forward and putting AJ on the back foot in combination with the above really did for him but it was so bizarre watching essentially a flurry of fast, accurate predictable and sequential left then right punches land in a manner akin to an almost windmilling fat ex semi-pro turned doorman dad in a white collar fight.

Fair play to Ruiz - he’ll get taken apart inside 5 rounds in November but he’ll never need to fight again.

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

It was ultimately quite bizarre by all accounts.

In my assessment the knockdowns in the third round shook his brain and took his legs but moreover shocked the living shite out of him mentally, just when he thought he was on top.

He was then in a situation where he had doubt and disbelief at the forefront of a body with dodgy legs, a fuzzy head and couldn’t get loads of oxygen because he was bleeding from both nostrils and his gum shield was hampering him breathing through his mouth which led to further fatigue.

Ruiz going forward and putting AJ on the back foot in combination with the above really did for him but it was so bizarre watching essentially a flurry of fast, accurate predictable and sequential left then right punches land in a manner akin to an almost windmilling fat ex semi-pro turned doorman dad in a white collar fight.

Fair play to Ruiz - he’ll get taken apart inside 5 rounds in November but he’ll never need to fight again.

Will be some payday for him the rematch even if it's just a 50-50

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Will be some payday for him the rematch even if it's just a 50-50

Absolutely.

Good luck to him. I quite liked him until he started banging on about thanking God for everything, then I had to switch him off.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Absolutely.

Good luck to him. I quite liked him until he started banging on about thanking God for everything, then I had to switch him off.

Par for the course, every American boxer has to thank god after a victory.

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

There’s a video circulating of AJ’s dad having a go at Eddie Hearn in the ring afterwards and AJ can be heard saying “dad it’s on me, it’s on me”

Cannot really understand, what reason his dad would have to have a go at hearn right after the fight, a weird one this 

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Cannot really understand, what reason his dad would have to have a go at hearn right after the fight, a weird one this 

Probably nothing in that, just not nice watching you son get battered and Hearns an easy target to vent frustration at.

If something happened before the fight then something happened before the fight. I’ve always said you step through those ropes your fit to fight and there can be no excuses if you lose. Ruiz was the better man on the night.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Absolutely.

I would imagine he’s probably very religious? A lot of Central America is pretty fanatical I think?

Edited by Col city fan