Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

So the stories are starting to leak out, apparently Joey Dawejko (and if you think Ruiz doesn’t look like much of a boxer get a look at this lad) Sparked Joshua quite heavily in sparring week before the fight and AJs dad wanted him pulled from the fight, hence the rant at Hearn.

"Fat" fighters have have amazing KO power. Don't look at it and compare them to your average overweight guy. They train hard and have a lot of muscles under the fat. Plus most Fat fighters are normally shorter and stockier so when they hit, all that body mass is just added power. 

Just look at old George Forman. The man was old, a bit slow and overweight but against moorer, his punches looked so heavy and devastating even though he seemed like he was just throwing the most effortless, slow punches

You don't see it a lot in boxing but MMA have some mean sluggers who are overweight. Boxers need to have the optimal weight so they can fight for a longer period and be faster.

Rumours one of the belts going to be stripped with a manditory challenger called like what happened to Tyson Fury 

Fury would destroy Ruiz , Ruiz was able to walk down Joshua because AJ has slow feet and a defence that’s like marshmallow in hot chocolate it melts under heat , Ruiz is average no more his conditioning is terrible it didn’t matter against an average world champion , but Tyson Fury is not average 

Ruiz will walk forward against Tyson and get his head destroyed with powerful straight Jabs and when he swings he will be hitting shoulders and Air , Fury will be desperate to get in on this action. 

AJ and his coach need to split it’s over for Rob and AJ , he should head to America and get one of the great boxing defensive coaches to work with him , then start again , I suspect that he will probably win a rematch in London as he will try Jab his way to a pts win , but the casual fight world now knows what I have been saying  for 3 years that AJ is very very average at the top level , he has all the tools just no way to use them and the basic skills are lacking 

Fighting twice a year also has curtailed his development , he should have been fighting 4 times a year to improve , but arrogance and ignorance caught him out 

I suspect Fury will fight for a vacated belt later this summer or winter and he will then either rematch wilder OR look to take AJ apart next spring summer 

AJ will do 50/50 now as the numbers may be the last numbers like that he ever see’s 

billion dollar boxer ??? what shite Eddie Hearn sold people 

hats off to Eddie he is the greatest sports salesman around 

but he has another Joshua in his stable a true champion and potential great Joshua Buatsi , this fella gives me the Benn/Eubank feel, he truly excites me , the best emerging talent in British boxing by a country mile , fast Eddie will now be pumping him as the next cash cow 

Plenty now being spouted online, two stories gathering pace, the one Pabs has mentioned and the other that Joshua was suffering panic attacks prior to the walk out and his Dad begging Eddie to call it off at the last minute.

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Rumours one of the belts going to be stripped with a manditory challenger called like what happened to Tyson Fury 

Fury would destroy Ruiz , Ruiz was able to walk down Joshua because AJ has slow feet and a defence that’s like marshmallow in hot chocolate it melts under heat , Ruiz is average no more his conditioning is terrible it didn’t matter against an average world champion , but Tyson Fury is not average 

Ruiz will walk forward against Tyson and get his head destroyed with powerful straight Jabs and when he swings he will be hitting shoulders and Air , Fury will be desperate to get in on this action. 

AJ and his coach need to split it’s over for Rob and AJ , he should head to America and get one of the great boxing defensive coaches to work with him , then start again , I suspect that he will probably win a rematch in London as he will try Jab his way to a pts win , but the casual fight world now knows what I have been saying  for 3 years that AJ is very very average at the top level , he has all the tools just no way to use them and the basic skills are lacking 

Fighting twice a year also has curtailed his development , he should have been fighting 4 times a year to improve , but arrogance and ignorance caught him out 

I suspect Fury will fight for a vacated belt later this summer or winter and he will then either rematch wilder OR look to take AJ apart next spring summer 

AJ will do 50/50 now as the numbers may be the last numbers like that he ever see’s 

but he has another Joshua in his stable a true champion and potential great Joshua Buatsi , this fella gives me the Benn/Eubank feel, he truly excites me , the best emerging talent in British boxing by a country mile , fast Eddie will now be pumping him as the next cash cow 

Yup, it's the IBF so Kubrat Pulev vs  Agit Kabayel could be on the cards, how exciting.

All kinds of rumors flying around now, pre match panic attacks and all sorts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So the stories are starting to leak out, apparently Joey Dawejko (and if you think Ruiz doesn’t look like much of a boxer get a look at this lad) Sparked Joshua quite heavily in sparring week before the fight and AJs dad wanted him pulled from the fight, hence the rant at Hearn.

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Plenty now being spouted online, two stories gathering pace, the one Pabs has mentioned and the other that Joshua was suffering panic attacks prior to the walk out and his Dad begging Eddie to call it off at the last minute.

No smoke and all that ..   Warren not very impressed with McCracken ... 

CF1DA0DA-49FA-4300-A936-D6C998CCF938.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

No smoke and all that ..   Warren not very impressed with McCracken ... 

CF1DA0DA-49FA-4300-A936-D6C998CCF938.jpeg

Warren just likes to put the boot in whenever something goes wrong for Matchroom. 

Having had a think about this if the IBF do strip Ruiz Fury could be biggest winner in all of this, if Pulev can win the vacant title Fury Pulev will be on straight away as Pulev's signed with Top Rank.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He was already in decent shape, he boxed literally a few weeks before on the under card of Danny Garcia's last fight.

He might be fat but he can box and that's ultimately going to get you further in boxing than being ripped. Look at Tyson vs Wilder.

The most worrying thing for AJ is Ruiz is not really famous for being a big puncher, obviously he's a heavy weight so is going to hit reasonably hard but he's not known as a KO artist. Serious questions about Joshua's chin after Saturday.

Just a question..how do you see it??

It was a shot to the temple,that done for AJ,but those onslaught of collective punches...why didn't AJ move away and jab himself from trouble...

After the 3 rd round???

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Just a question..how do you see it??

It was a shot to the temple,that done for AJ,but those onslaught of collective punches...why didn't AJ move away and jab himself from trouble...

After the 3 rd round???

Well it's like the Ruiz camp said, the guy doesn't like to box on his back foot and he boxes like a robot, he doesn't move well with his feet, and as others have said he has no head movement. All symptomatic of a man who didn't put on a boxing glove until he was an adult.

Now if he has those issues anyway they are only going to be exaggerated after he's taken a big shot to the temple. He asked McCracken inbetween rounds what Ruiz was going to do and McCracken replied go inside, Joshua's response was ok how do I stop him doing that, he should already know that. 

Just back from New York today. First fight I've watched stateside (and probably last, the wife wasn't thrilled). What a night to be at the garden. Great card of boxing and a truly historic main event. 

I know it's easy with hindsight but  a Couple of observations. Joshua has always been incredibly vulnerable and his powers of recovery are terrible. It took him a couple of rounds to recover from big shots in both Whyte and Klitschko fights. That is a death nail in the career of a heavyweight boxer. 

Also people saying Ruiz throws wild swings are wide of the mark he had won over 200 ametuer fights and fought at 2 olympics, he is one of if not the best technique of any of the the top heavyweights lovely hands and feet throwing short crisp combinations. 

I agree with what others have said I think Ruiz will win the rematch too. Joshua would be wise to rebuild go back to the drawing board.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well it's like the Ruiz camp said, the guy doesn't like to box on his back foot and he boxes like a robot, he doesn't move well with his feet, and as others have said he has no head movement. All symptomatic of a man who didn't put on a boxing glove until he was an adult.

Now if he has those issues anyway they are only going to be exaggerated after he's taken a big shot to the temple. He asked McCracken inbetween rounds what Ruiz was going to do and McCracken replied go inside, Joshua's response was ok how do I stop him doing that, he should already know that. 

Yeh that last part left me somewhat dumbfounded..!!

A few days later I’m still genuinely dumbfounded at Joshua’s inexistent defence (I knew it was poor but not THAT poor), his apparent lack of confidence (it seems like that one shot in the third wrecked him physically and mentally) and his lack of stamina.

I can only assume the bookies made a bloody fortune in the early hours of Sunday morning. There will be people and groups placing thousands on AJ to make a decent return I would suspect?

The only thing about the weekend that surprised me was Ruiz , he really applied himself and can carve a good name now once he beats AJ the 2nd time 

AJ’s feet / defence / lack of core skills were all evident to anyone who was bothered to look past yhe hype , right up there with Audley Harrison this fella 

BUT he can recover and if he changes trainer he can regroup and come again , he is no Lennox , but he ain’t Price either , yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

The only thing about the weekend that surprised me was Ruiz , he really applied himself and can carve a good name now once he beats AJ the 2nd time 

AJ’s feet / defence / lack of core skills were all evident to anyone who was bothered to look past yhe hype , right up there with Audley Harrison this fella 

BUT he can recover and if he changes trainer he can regroup and come again , he is no Lennox , but he ain’t Price either , yet 

Thought it it was you.

Dont be silly he’s already achieved way more than Audley ever did. No matter what happens he was unified IBF WBO and WBA heavyweight champion of the world and will always be a former three belt champion.

While he’s undoubtedly lost stock I think he will win the rematch. Let’s remember Andy was in big trouble himself before he was able to counter Joshua going in for the kill. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Hope the rematch is in Mexico. No idea how much say Ruiz has in the matter but deserves to defend his titles in front of his own people. 

He barely speaks Spanish ? about as Mexican as a bottle of desperados. His play on his heritage is a great marketing strategy though will give him that.

The rematch is signed, Hearn to confirm date and venue which means as I suspected he’s running the show which will mean it’ll be here, November or December apparently.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

the spaces before the punctuation give it away with every new account 

I like the way he tries quite hard at first to keep himself bottled up and moderate his views but bit by bit the crazy WUM just comes seeping through the cracks until the dam bursts. 

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2019 at 10:40, Swan Lesta said:

It was ultimately quite bizarre by all accounts.

In my assessment the knockdowns in the third round shook his brain and took his legs but moreover shocked the living shite out of him mentally, just when he thought he was on top.

He was then in a situation where he had doubt and disbelief at the forefront of a body with dodgy legs, a fuzzy head and couldn’t get loads of oxygen because he was bleeding from both nostrils and his gum shield was hampering him breathing through his mouth which led to further fatigue.

Ruiz going forward and putting AJ on the back foot in combination with the above really did for him but it was so bizarre watching essentially a flurry of fast, accurate predictable and sequential left then right punches land in a manner akin to an almost windmilling fat ex semi-pro turned doorman dad in a white collar fight.

Fair play to Ruiz - he’ll get taken apart inside 5 rounds in November but he’ll never need to fight again.

wasnt it Mike Tyson who once said “ everybody has got a game plan until you get punched in the face...”

• Like 2

On 04/06/2019 at 01:22, LinekersLugs said:

i wouldn’t read too much into one defeat, especially as it’s becomjng much clearer now that there were events  that happened leading up to the fight.

All the best heavyweights that i can think of lost.

Lennox Lewis who is probably the heavyweight boxer i most rate in my lifetime lost a couple of shockers but always came back strong..

Now if AJ loses the rematch...

with AJ his best skills have been coached out of him, he used to come out with confidence, attack from the off and land the killer blow all while having quick movement, over time he has became a lot slower and robot like obviously it must be down to the people training him, he needs to go back to his old ways if at all possible now.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

i wouldn’t read too much into one defeat, especially as it’s becomjng much clearer now that there were events  that happened leading up to the fight.

All the best heavyweights that i can think of lost.

Lennox Lewis who is probably the heavyweight boxer i most rate in my lifetime lost a couple of shockers but always came back strong..

Now if AJ loses the rematch...

Mentioning this Fella and a true great pugilist Lennox Lewis in the same point and tangibly linked is beyond funny , I’m sorry but AJ has nothing to remotely suggest he is a great , his boxing record is poor , his skill set is poor and his future hopes of being talked about in the same breath as Lennox is even poorer. 

With all due respect the defeat is nothing to do with my long standing and very open assessment of AJ , anyone who has laced up and boxed will tell you he is so limited it’s untrue , but I will say this to make £200m , win an Olympic gold and make himself a household name to a whole generation of casuals is amazing and I have total respect for him for that , the one failing is he started to believe his hype. 

His time is over , the one true heavyweight king is now ready to take back his throne , we have a heavyweight Great , one that would have given Lennox an amazing war , Tyson Fury is the real deal and some of us have known that even on the nights he stunk the place out as he learned his craft. 

All those fairytale excuses are exactly that fairytales , he bottled it and you can’t buy those bottles once they are gone 

he Might beat Ruiz in a rematch , but his hopes of beating a wilder or fury are laughable now 

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

with AJ his best skills have been coached out of him, he used to come out with confidence, attack from the off and land the killer blow all while having quick movement, over time he has became a lot slower and robot like obviously it must be down to the people training him, he needs to go back to his old ways if at all possible now.

I’m sorry he never had those , they appeared present against weak inferior smaller men , but as soon as he went up the levels he was found out very quickly his last 4 fights he was wobbled and unimpressive , his skill set didn’t travel up the levels because they are piss poor. 

Its not been coached out of him , it’s never been there. 

wilder and fury are two levels above him , infact I wouldn’t see him beating Gorman or Dubois , both are much better than him and they are mere babies at present.

55 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Mentioning this Fella and a true great pugilist Lennox Lewis in the same point and tangibly linked is beyond funny , I’m sorry but AJ has nothing to remotely suggest he is a great , his boxing record is poor , his skill set is poor and his future hopes of being talked about in the same breath as Lennox is even poorer. 

With all due respect the defeat is nothing to do with my long standing and very open assessment of AJ , anyone who has laced up and boxed will tell you he is so limited it’s untrue , but I will say this to make £200m , win an Olympic gold and make himself a household name to a whole generation of casuals is amazing and I have total respect for him for that , the one failing is he started to believe his hype. 

His time is over , the one true heavyweight king is now ready to take back his throne , we have a heavyweight Great , one that would have given Lennox an amazing war , Tyson Fury is the real deal and some of us have known that even on the nights he stunk the place out as he learned his craft. 

All those fairytale excuses are exactly that fairytales , he bottled it and you can’t buy those bottles once they are gone 

he Might beat Ruiz in a rematch , but his hopes of beating a wilder or fury are laughable now 

think you misunderstood my post and overlooked my point completely. i’m certainly not comparing him to Lennox Lewis.

and if i need to clarify, that’s ok.

If the greats can lose fights and come back and then lose another fight and still be considered great then a boxer losing his first fight shouldn’t be written off either.  

See if he loses the comeback, then judge him.

• Like 1