Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I can only imagine you were pissed while writing this chain of posts? Of course, being mates with Mark, I’m sure he’ll let them go

;)

Back to the boxing, as I said I was going nowhere near ppv for a fight where the odds were 1/20. It’s not my fault AJ has massively fooked it up is it. I’m now gonna YouTube it and see what a huge upset looks like. I’m assuming you had a few quid on Ruiz to win yes?

obviously it was champions league Saturday mixed with a Joshua fight.

Still absolutely brilliant you missed that after two years of moaning, well done to Andy Ruiz might not have picked him to win but at least gave him the respect he deserved and watched it. First and Mexican born heavy  weight champion of the world.well done sir.

Was it not you who lectured me on not writing off Ray Leonard based on book makers odds?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Gloating is such an ugly trait :nono:

Not when it’s warranted.

Few folk have had a look at Andy Ruiz thinks he looks a bit fat and written him off having never seen him boxed solely on his appearance, well that fat lads come good. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I’d never do ppv on boxing unless about 10 of us were chipping in about 2 quid each

I think it’s the principle of paying £20 on top of a hefty subscription for a single event when I’m happy to watch the reruns for free when they’re using it as schedule filler in a couple of weeks time

Or maybe I’m just a tight bastard lol 

Have been watching AJ for a long time before he was Mr Poster Boy ...  loved him and could see he would go a long way ...   but slowly that love turned to indifference as his character changed and his true self showed through ...   nothing really wrong about wanting to stack up a load of dough to look after your family ..   bit after that was achieved (in spades ! ) ...   I’d have hoped he would focus completely on the sport and show an overwhelming ambition to be the best, fight the best, give something back to boxing  and his army of fans ...  didn’t happen ..  so now he’s lost ..  and I’m not really bothered one bit.   Interesting to see what happens next ..   and hopefully we’ll see another side to this man that will restore my faith.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The reason most of us didn’t bother watching is because our resident expert said Ruiz was obviously gonna lose :D

Hey I never backed him to win and never claimed I did. Like I said he was game and he proved that. He will lose the rematch.

This isn’t really about me at all in fact, it’s about you all spending literally years asking four a proper “heavy weight scrap” and when it comes about your all sleeping because Andy Ruiz is a little tuby.

It is all banter I apologise if I’m coming on a little strong it’s just a little funny, the guy has been sold very short most expected him to be out inside three rounds, not just on here in general.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hey I never backed him to win and never claimed I did. Like I said he was game and he proved that. He will lose the rematch.

This isn’t really about me at all in fact, it’s about you all spending literally years asking four a proper “heavy weight scrap” and when it comes about your all sleeping because Andy Ruiz is a little tuby.

It is all banter I apologise if I’m coming on a little strong it’s just a little funny, the guy has been sold very short most expected him to be out inside three rounds, not just on here in general.

I think people were sleeping because the fight started at 3am chief.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think the timing of it put people off to be honest mate. 

If it was in the UK I would have gladly paid the £20 to watch it straight after the footy. But I wasn’t prepared to pay it and get up at 4am to watch it. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I think the timing of it put people off to be honest mate. 

If it was in the UK I would have gladly paid the £20 to watch it straight after the footy. But I wasn’t prepared to pay it and get up at 4am to watch it. 

Yeah to be clear all joking aside,  like I say it’s a bit of banter aimed mainly at those stating “I’m not watching that shit bought time he fought someone”

I do get not paying £20 and getting up at 4am to watch boxing ? 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Fair to say Fury is the best in Britain , AJ the most over hyped boxer ever , the boxing world will now get lots of great fights Because Fast Eddie can’t control it now 

Said this all along, fury is the most talented boxer Britain has, some people are blind in boxing, and think just think its all the knock out.

ITs about not getting hit as well, as joshua will tell you! I hope he come bk tbf and wins though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Said this all along, fury is the most talented boxer Britain has, some people are blind in boxing, and think just think its all the knock out.

ITs about not getting hit as well, as joshua will tell you! I hope he come bk tbf and wins though

Honestly I think he’s gone for the KO it’s  back fired, I intend to watch it again but at the time he seemed to get hurt whilst throwing big shots himself nearly every time.

Predominatley because, and I think this has been left out a lot because most people are in shock at the KO, the fight on most people’s cards very competitive and Joshua felt he needed to do something.

I mean there will be a rematch, it’ll be here, and you will see an absolute state of a human being in Antony Joshua, the bloke will be fighting for a career worth nine figures if he wins or will be overtaking Amir Khan as the biggest hype job in British boxing history if he loses.

• Like 1

To me it seemed AJ was treating it like a sparing match and Ruiz came in with a clear plan and it worked there was times Joshua was smiling trying to play with him but Ruiz seen straight through it and once he had hurt him Joshua was up against it.

Like Manwell says he will get a rematch and win

• Like 1