Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I couldn’t believe how AJ was fookin blowin like a whale in the sea! Less work on muscles and more on stamina methinks.

He’s not that good though really is he??? And all this build up over the years HAS made him fortunes but has never properly tested him

I guess we’ll see..

Says a lot that at the start of each round AJ looked wrecked and Ruiz looked fresh as a daisy. Appearances are deceiving.

he does have great power but has not mastered the defence side of the game. If he can get his footwork and  head movement it will improve him ten fold.

I thought Bellew’s physique beating Haye’s was funny but this is taking the piss lol

I’ve just watched it back again and round 3 is exceptional. Ruiz takes another couple of licks after he gets up and then times a left hook after Joshua missed his right. AJ was almost too afraid to engage after that and Ruiz was so quick to the punch. 

Not going to slag Joshua and I’m still a big fan of his but this could be a positive and hopefully break the monotony of the ‘ top 3’ pissing about. 

Also imagine being Jarrell Miller lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lestajigs said:

I see alot of frank bruno if AJ, as a good of a fighter frank was like AJ, he has alot of weaknesses, hoping he learns comes bk better, unless he’s fighting fury of cause ?

Was going post exactly this myself. Physique of a Greek god but limited boxing skills. It’s a shame as he looked like a world beater until recently. Hopefully age is on his side. 

29 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Was going post exactly this myself. Physique of a Greek god but limited boxing skills. It’s a shame as he looked like a world beater until recently. Hopefully age is on his side. 

His movement just looks so stiff dosnt he, its like he needs to loosen up abit 

3 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

His movement just looks so stiff dosnt he, its like he needs to loosen up abit 

Maybe spends too much time pumpin’ iron in the gym. Surely a conditioning coach can sort it. Bruno was muscle bound, AJ looks very similar. Fury, on the other hand is far more mobile and seemingly fitter. Amazing as he was so overweight not too long ago. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Our kid has his next amateur fight in Mid June.

Gotta say it, he’s looking pretty good at the mo.

It’s in Nottingham in front of a house of around a 5 hundred so he’s working amazingly hard to be ready.

Win this one and we’ll see.

How’s he doing? Has he carried on winning?  Tough game unlincesed boxing.

Thinking about doing a couple of white collar fights myself, played football n tennis competitively which are the the other two sports I have an interest In thought I’d give boxing a whirl before i get to the age where it’s exercise for exercises sake. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Thinking about doing a couple of white collar fights myself, played football n tennis competitively which are the the other two sports I have an interest In thought I’d give boxing a whirl before i get to the age where it’s exercise for exercises sake. 

I'd pay for you to fight Alan Sheehanlol

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s certainly putting the effort in Pabs

We’ll have to see at the next fight

4 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Says a lot that at the start of each round AJ looked wrecked and Ruiz looked fresh as a daisy. Appearances are deceiving.

he does have great power but has not mastered the defence side of the game. If he can get his footwork and  head movement it will improve him ten fold.

You learn those skills as a kid in amateurs , he ain’t learning them now 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Rumoured to be Cardiff

Will be millennium or 02 as will need a roof

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s certainly putting the effort in Pabs

We’ll have to see at the next fight

Not something you should do as a long term hobby, can’t remember who said it by the quotes “you don’t play boxing, you fight for your life”

14 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

You learn those skills as a kid in amateurs , he ain’t learning them now 

I wouldn’t even say that, I’d say it’s natural. Either way you are right AJs head movement is non existent and not improving any time soon.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

AJ was so buzzed after the 1st knockdown 

he actually lifts his leg like his climbing an invisible step when trying to get up 

So apparently, on top of Taylor not deserving her W and Josh Kelly getting a very fortunate draw. One judge had AJ up when he got ko’d.

Not even sure how that’s mathematically possible.