Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

But just imagine  being the **** that’s whined about Joshua not fighting anyone and missing the one fight he losses.

Funny, as one of the loves to reference Mike Tyson at every opportunity as well.

terrible night for Hearn. Only Callum Smith came through for him and his cash cow is dead

I can only imagine you were pissed while writing this chain of posts? Of course, being mates with Mark, I’m sure he’ll let them go

;)

Back to the boxing, as I said I was going nowhere near ppv for a fight where the odds were 1/20. It’s not my fault AJ has massively fooked it up is it. I’m now gonna YouTube it and see what a huge upset looks like. I’m assuming you had a few quid on Ruiz to win yes?

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Somewhere in a foxes lair there is a Gaelic Fox very very chuffed , that fella really detested the casuals and really never rated AJ  , Once stated “he is the natural successor to Bruno and Harrison” 

he was right Gaelic this thread has been pretty boring and lacking without him 

AJ got caught slacking. I said earlier in the week Wilder played a blinder with his announcement and it looks like AJ couldn't deal with the pressure. 

This will hang over him now in any future negotiations when he wins his belts back (because he will) he’ll no longer be the ‘a side’.

Can also see why they have been lowballing Dillian Whyte as well, the AJ hype job has been found out. I think he will beat Ruiz in a rematch but thats because he focus will be on Ruiz and not on Wilder. It would also help if he started treating these fights seriously and not as practise, he needs to go back to what he does best and thats knockouts, not rigid limited boxing.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Massive pair of clowns lol 

Don't tell me you thought Ruiz was gonna win that Pabs.

That's a big a shock as Buster Douglas v Tyson.

No one saw that coming.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Somewhere in a foxes lair there is a Gaelic Fox very very chuffed , that fella really detested the casuals and really never rated AJ  , Once stated “he is the natural successor to Bruno and Harrison” 

@GaelicFox

@NorthfieldsFox

@FilbertFrog

Come back and have your moment of glory!

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Hi Gaelic :wave:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

AJ got caught slacking. I said earlier in the week Wilder played a blinder with his announcement and it looks like AJ couldn't deal with the pressure. 

This will hang over him now in any future negotiations when he wins his belts back (because he will) he’ll no longer be the ‘a side’.

Can also see why they have been lowballing Dillian Whyte as well, the AJ hype job has been found out. I think he will beat Ruiz in a rematch but thats because he focus will be on Ruiz and not on Wilder. It would also help if he started treating these fights seriously and not as practise, he needs to go back to what he does best and thats knockouts, not rigid limited boxing.

Spot on

AJ is a multi-millionaire many times over. He’s enjoyed the massive PR and the razzmatazz of it all and looks to have lost his hunger.

See Rocky v Clubber Lang :D

I’ve been saying for a long time we needed to see him in a real scrap. It’s just surprising it was this one that brought the chickens home to roost.

It’ll be interesting now to see how he bounces back.

He needs to get off fookin Instagram and Twitter and get back to doing what he came into boxing to do. Ie not only to make money, but to fight

Edited by Col city fan

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Massive pair of clowns lol 

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Massive **** you to the casuals, you missed your big night out.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

But just imagine  being the **** that’s whined about Joshua not fighting anyone and missing the one fight he losses.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just lol @Col city fan

paid to watch so many fights but boycotted this one because the lads a bit tubby. 

Gloating is such an ugly trait :nono:

• Haha 1

Blimey whats happened in here over night?

Thats always been on the cards for Joshua, never ever looks steady when tagged but the main issue he will always have is the fact he completely gasses long before half way....him v Wilder will still be a great 1 shot shoot out mind.

Fury still levels above at World level, which I have always maintained alongside the much loved and missed Gaelic ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Gloating is such an ugly trait :nono:

Pabs likes to gloat mate

When he posts his bet-slip on here saying he placed a ten on Ruiz to win at 30-1 we’ll all take him more seriously.

But as I say, it looks like he was drunk when he was posting.

I think AJ has suffered at the hands of complacency tbh. Like most of us I suggest, he didn’t take Ruiz seriously enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think AJ has suffered at the hands of complacency tbh. Like most of us I suggest, he didn’t take Ruiz seriously enough.

This is absolutely spot on. I maintain that Ruiz is not a world level boxer and he’s more of a gate keeper between continental level and world level at best. On the night though he clearly wanted it more than AJ and if anything it shows how overrated AJ really is, he’s not as good as he thinks he is or as good as we thought he was.

On top of that he approached this fight all wrong. Like it was a coronation, a formality to announce his arrival in America all the while forgetting that he’s actually got to fight and chances are the other bloke has some motivations and aspirations of his own. He spent the whole fight build up wether is was Miller or Ruiz constantly talking about Wilder and future fights with his attention never quite focused on what was in front of him, personally i think it was arrogance and flashes of his true personality and not that of the manufactured public persona. He’s been brought down a few pegs now and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here in terms of how he approaches future fights and as well as his persona publically.

I think if he gets back to basics and just knocking people out he’ll win the rematch. He needs to stop focusing on Wilder and using these fights as tune up fights to practise his boxing and take each fight one at a time. 

Excellent work from myself, watched the entirety of the undercard and must have fallen asleep during the ring walk ???

As has been said, it’s always been apparent that if you can hit AJ you stand a good chance whoever you are. Forget that lad being fat, he’s got some insane shot speed! 

Interesting to see what happens next, think Eddie might have some grovelling to do with Dillian to make him poster boy while AJ recovers lol 

• Like 1