Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Now I fully expect AJ to beat Ruiz in the rematch within 3 rounds.

I’m not sure I should give @Manwell Pablo any mention after last night, but he’s right.. Joshua will now know that if he wins he’ll be back on track, lose and it’s over.

The rematch I WILL ppv for and will probs put a decent sum on AJ to win cos the odds should be more realistic.

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Now I fully expect AJ to beat Ruiz in the rematch within 3 rounds.

I’m not sure I should give @Manwell Pablo any mention after last night, but he’s right.. Joshua will now know that if he wins he’ll be back on track, lose and it’s over.

The rematch I WILL ppv for and will probs put a decent sum on AJ to win cos the odds should be more realistic.

Grow up mate I’m having a laugh. 

Should probably reveiw your own comments after Parker whyte, you know what they say if you can’t take it don’t dish it out.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

See Rocky v Clubber Lang :D

That's exactly what sprang into my mind. The best Rocky film by far. Can't wait to see AJ and David Haye running on the beach together in preparation for the rematch. 

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

But just imagine  being the **** that’s whined about Joshua not fighting anyone and missing the one fight he losses.

Funny, as one of the loves to reference Mike Tyson at every opportunity as well.

terrible night for Hearn. Only Callum Smith came through for him and his cash cow is dead

Don't be silly, the rematch will do gargantuan numbers.

Not gonna jump on the bandwagon and start hating on him.  I think he's been a credit to himself and his profession and has been extremely dignified in defeat.  

Unfortunately he was beaten by the better man on the night, no excuses.  Sadly some of the fears regarding Joshua were exposed, stiff, lack of head movement, easy to hit, chinny and slightly timid.  He hasn't been the same since the Klitschko fight.  He wanted to impress last night though and it resulted in a total clash of tactics and he got caught and never recovered.  

It's happened to many a fighter in the past and he can easily recover and become better for it.  I hope this is his Rahman moment.  But lose the rematch and he simply has to retire or he could quickly become a higher profile David Price.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just lol @Col city fan

paid to watch so many fights but boycotted this one because the lads a bit tubby.  Made up Mexico’s first heavyweight world champion

Especially considering he took the fight at short notice.

He's actually a flyweight when he's in shape...

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Don't be silly, the rematch will do gargantuan numbers.

Not gonna jump on the bandwagon and start hating on him.  I think he's been a credit to himself and his profession and has been extremely dignified in defeat.  

Unfortunately he was beaten by the better man on the night, no excuses.  Sadly some of the fears regarding Joshua were exposed, stiff, lack of head movement, easy to hit, chinny and slightly timid.  He hasn't been the same since the Klitschko fight.  He wanted to impress last night though and it resulted in a total clash of tactics and he got caught and never recovered.  

It's happened to many a fighter in the past and he can easily recover and become better for it.  I hope this is his Rahman moment.  But lose the rematch and he simply has to retire or he could quickly become a higher profile David Price.  

Short termism obviously the rematch will do well.  I’m exaggerating obviously as well as was pissed.

Their negotiating position for major fights has been massively compromised now. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Short termism obviously the rematch will do well.  I’m exaggerating obviously as well as was pissed.

Their negotiating position for major fights has been massively compromised now. 

Very true.  But this will be great for us fans as we want to see the big fights, no more of this A-Side, B-Side bollocks.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Especially considering he took the fight at short notice.

He's actually a flyweight when he's in shape...

Mexican heritage I should of added he is actually American.

Still made up for him he got robbed in Auckland.

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

Very true.  But this will be great for us fans as we want to see the big fights, no more of this A-Side, B-Side bollocks.

Oh yeah, completely.

I was sat there cheering the guy on, so sick of this trio of cant fight won’t fight anything that upsets it is good by me. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Eddie being quizzed on why the rematch is in the uk lol you wanna see the real Eddie Hearn watch him answer that question. Defensive as you can be.

Definitley happening in London. 

Agree but I'd be genuinely surprised if it's another Wembley fight though. I can see it happening at the O2

33 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I see alot of frank bruno if AJ, as a good of a fighter frank was like AJ, he has alot of weaknesses, hoping he learns comes bk better, unless he’s fighting fury of cause ?

Like AJ, Bruno was not far off the perfect specimen. But mentally, I never thought he really believed in himself particularly.

I remember the Bruno/Tyson fights like they were yesterday. Frank actually towered above Tyson but Tyson just believed he was going to knock him out. It will be interesting to see whether AJ truly believes in himself.

Last nights loss could actually be the making of AJ. Boxing is as much in the mind as anything else and if he can come back and beat Ruiz convincingly next time, he’ll have mentally evolved from the pretty dark place he was in yesterday.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh yeah, completely.

I was sat there cheering the guy on, so sick of this trio of cant fight won’t fight anything that upsets it is good by me. 

That's fair enough.

I like AJ but him losing today is one in the eye for the corporate TV goon squad who have spent the last year trying to stop the best fights from happening for the sake of a few extra $$$ in their back pocket, so I had to smile a little at that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Agree but I'd be genuinely surprised if it's another Wembley fight though. I can see it happening at the O2

Yeah that time of year I’d suspect 02, normally would say millienium stadium as bigger capacity but this is all about winning and the 02 2ould be the more partisan arena. 

Bit of joke he’s going to get dragged over here but that’s boxing. At least he will make a lot of money. He’s earned that, nice to see him with that WBO belt decision against Parker was a joke.

• Like 1

AJ took his eye off the ball which you can’t do in heavyweight boxing.

after knocking Ruiz down he should take taken stock, got behind his jab and broke him down. Other knockdowns or a knockout would have come.

he got careless and took one on the temple and that was that. Never recovered from it and Ruiz took full advantage.

i expect this to be the making of AJ and could see him bring wlad onto his team to teach him how not to get hit. 

He’ll win the rematch before taking on wilder/fury as they’ll want a piece of him now. 

Hes got a lot of the tools but needs to work on his fitness, tactics and head movement before going up against them. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

AJ took his eye off the ball which you can’t do in heavyweight boxing.

after knocking Ruiz down he should take taken stock, got behind his jab and broke him down. Other knockdowns or a knockout would have come.

he got careless and took one on the temple and that was that. Never recovered from it and Ruiz took full advantage.

i expect this to be the making of AJ and could see him bring wlad onto his team to teach him how not to get hit. 

He’ll win the rematch before taking on wilder/fury as they’ll want a piece of him now. 

Hes got a lot of the tools but needs to work on his fitness, tactics and head movement before going up against them. 

I couldn’t believe how AJ was fookin blowin like a whale in the sea! Less work on muscles and more on stamina methinks.

He’s not that good though really is he??? And all this build up over the years HAS made him fortunes but has never properly tested him

I guess we’ll see..