Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 05/06/2019 at 23:51, LinekersLugs said:

I’m sorry he never had those , they appeared present against weak inferior smaller men , but as soon as he went up the levels he was found out very quickly his last 4 fights he was wobbled and unimpressive , his skill set didn’t travel up the levels because they are piss poor. 

Its not been coached out of him , it’s never been there. 

wilder and fury are two levels above him , infact I wouldn’t see him beating Gorman or Dubois , both are much better than him and they are mere babies at present.

This is true, in fact Joshua has been coached to box specifically in the way he does as he started boxing as an adult. Essentially he has had basic boxing techniques drilled into him which is just a vessel he uses to deliver his ridiculous power, once he does and he has someone hurt he has the green light to batter them, problem is if they are not hurt enough and can counter like Ruiz did, he's very easy to hit. This is how Whyte hit him as well, as AJ was wound up and throwing more leather than he should of at that stage in the fight. I think there is certainly a level of complacency and living the life going on as well, not saying he's taking regular trips to the boozer but he's certainly wrapped up in a lot of commercial and social media opportunities which should perhaps take more of a back seat to boxing than they are doing.

Still, nothing is going to refocus you more than getting handed (and he did get handed)  by a guy who looks like he's just walked out of the Tijuana branch of Burger King so the rematch will be very telling.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is true, in fact Joshua has been coached to box specifically in the way he does as he started boxing as an adult. Essentially he has had basic boxing techniques drilled into him which is just a vessel he uses to deliver his ridiculous power, once he does and he has someone hurt he has the green light to batter them, problem is if they are not hurt enough and can counter like Ruiz did, he's very easy to hit. This is how Whyte hit him as well, as AJ was wound up and throwing more leather than he should of at that stage in the fight. I think there is certainly a level of complacency and living the life going on as well, not saying he's taking regular trips to the boozer but he's certainly wrapped up in a lot of commercial and social media opportunities which should perhaps take more of a back seat to boxing than they are doing.

Still, nothing is going to refocus you more than getting handed (and he did get handed)  by a guy who looks like he's just walked out of the Tijuana branch of Burger King so the rematch will be very telling.

Wladimir lost his fight with Joshua in my opinion. And AJ and his team have dined out on the Klitschko win far too much when in truth, a 42 year old Wlad, completely ridiculed and bashed as "boring" throughout his reign, could have finished him in the 6th but instead took his foot off the gas, allowing AJ time to recover. But the narrative instead was that Joshua just outlasted Wlad which was simply not true. It was also interesting that before they fought, Wlad was "old and jaded" and then after, he was suddenly "the best version of Wlad ever to fight professionally!!"...

He's never learnt from that night and I really don't think he's developed under Robert McCracken. He's never going to be as talented as Lewis but I still think, under someone like Jonathan Banks, he could improve and win another world title. I don't fancy him in an immediate rematch vs Ruiz though. Ruiz really seemd to figure him out by round 4 and will be more patient in the rematch, knowing he has by far the quicker hands and is always going to get there first in an exchange.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

On 04/06/2019 at 14:13, Col city fan said:

A few days later I’m still genuinely dumbfounded at Joshua’s inexistent defence (I knew it was poor but not THAT poor), his apparent lack of confidence (it seems like that one shot in the third wrecked him physically and mentally) and his lack of stamina.

I can only assume the bookies made a bloody fortune in the early hours of Sunday morning. There will be people and groups placing thousands on AJ to make a decent return I would suspect?

Who's punting mad money on someone 1/20 surely not worth it, it'd surely have been the opposite, i reckon a few would've fancied a punt on Ruiz just through value and how shakey AJ had been looking in his previous fights

4 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Wladimir lost his fight with Joshua in my opinion. And AJ and his team have dined out on the Klitschko win far too much when in truth, a 42 year old Wlad, completely ridiculed and bashed as "boring" throughout his reign, could have finished him in the 6th but instead took his foot off the gas, allowing AJ time to recover. But the narrative instead was that Joshua just outlasted Wlad which was simply not true. It was also interesting that before they fought, Wlad was "old and jaded" and then after, he was suddenly "the best version of Wlad ever to fight professionally!!"...

He's never learnt from that night and I really don't think he's developed under Robert McCracken. He's never going to be as talented as Lewis but I still think, under someone like Jonathan Banks, he could improve and win another world title. I don't fancy him in an immediate rematch vs Ruiz though. Ruiz really seemd to figure him out by round 4 and will be more patient in the rematch, knowing he has by far the quicker hands and is always going to get there first in an exchange.

Well he got knocked out so yes of course he lost and I do think there was a better Wlad in with Joshua than was in with fury but it’s by the by you are right the old man did miss a great opportunity and the rest is history.

I think he will win the immediate rematch and it will paper over the cracks somewhat as far as McCracken is concerned as I do agree with you there. Andy doesn’t punch hard and he’s done some damage with that temple shot in the third which I think has given him a huge advantage in the fight. He will struggle to find such a punch again. Joshua looked all over the place, asking stupid questions etc. They will probably not if prepared for a fight as well as this since Klitschko. 

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well he got knocked out so yes of course he lost and I do think there was a better Wlad in with Joshua than was in with fury but it’s by the by you are right the old man did miss a great opportunity and the rest is history.

I think he will win the immediate rematch and it will paper over the cracks somewhat as far as McCracken is concerned as I do agree with you there. Andy doesn’t punch hard and he’s done some damage with that temple shot in the third which I think has given him a huge advantage in the fight. He will struggle to find such a punch again. Joshua looked all over the place, asking stupid questions etc. They will probably not if prepared for a fight as well as this since Klitschko. 

I should have explained a little better. I was being metaphorical when I said Wlad "lost", meaning that it was he who let things slip away rather than Joshua winning it.

You might be right about AJ winning the rematch but I'm not so sure. I'm not saying you are, but many people seem to be distracting themselves away from Ruiz's skills in an effort to get over what happened to Joshua. The fact is that that left hook to the temple was a timed counter, during an exchange and not only that it was because Ruiz, even after being dropped, was able to have the presence of mind to collapse the pocket on AJ. And he also displayed better footwork in there.

Moreover, AJ was allowed to recover from the knockdown against Wlad, in which he was dropped with a huge right to the side of the head, and he was able to go on and stop Wladimir. So I don't think it was a question of just a single left to the temple simply changing everything, and so long as AJ is careful, he'll avoid that shot again. Ruiz showed an array of different shots that he can land. He also showed he can make adjustments when he started looping the right hand up close, a shot that he was consistent with as much as the left hook. And whilst he might not be the hardest puncher, he still hits hard enough to affect AJ, everytime he lands with a decent punch. In contrast, AJ, for all his heavy handedness, wasn't able to have the same effect on Ruiz.

I'm assuming the plan for Joshua is to box off the backfoot with the view to winning a points decision in the rematch. Problem for me is that he's never had great stamina and he will be using up a lot of nervous energy, as well as physical, as he moves around the ring in a long, drawn out affair. At some point, he'll slow down and I don't think he has a good enough jab to stop Ruiz, who is much shorter, from slipping and getting on the inside again, where he has the advantage of the shorter arms and much greater handspeed. Let's not kid ourselves, as chubby as he looks,Ruiz's accuracy and combination punching will always give AJ problems.

3 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

I should have explained a little better. I was being metaphorical when I said Wlad "lost", meaning that it was he who let things slip away rather than Joshua winning it.

You might be right about AJ winning the rematch but I'm not so sure. I'm not saying you are, but many people seem to be distracting themselves away from Ruiz's skills in an effort to get over what happened to Joshua. The fact is that that left hook to the temple was a timed counter, during an exchange and not only that it was because Ruiz, even after being dropped, was able to have the presence of mind to collapse the pocket on AJ. And he also displayed better footwork in there.

Moreover, AJ was allowed to recover from the knockdown against Wlad, in which he was dropped with a huge right to the side of the head, and he was able to go on and stop Wladimir. So I don't think it was a question of just a single left to the temple simply changing everything, and so long as AJ is careful, he'll avoid that shot again. Ruiz showed an array of different shots that he can land. He also showed he can make adjustments when he started looping the right hand up close, a shot that he was consistent with as much as the left hook. And whilst he might not be the hardest puncher, he still hits hard enough to affect AJ, everytime he lands with a decent punch. In contrast, AJ, for all his heavy handedness, wasn't able to have the same effect on Ruiz.

I'm assuming the plan for Joshua is to box off the backfoot with the view to winning a points decision in the rematch. Problem for me is that he's never had great stamina and he will be using up a lot of nervous energy, as well as physical, as he moves around the ring in a long, drawn out affair. At some point, he'll slow down and I don't think he has a good enough jab to stop Ruiz, who is much shorter, from slipping and getting on the inside again, where he has the advantage of the shorter arms and much greater handspeed. Let's not kid ourselves, as chubby as he looks,Ruiz's accuracy and combination punching will always give AJ problems.

Well you can counter that by saying AJ was complacent and rushed his work far too much after knocking Wlad down the first time, gassed himself out and ended up getting punched, swings and roundabouts. 

And every punch is different, if I remember correctly Wlad rattled his jaw, which sends the brain for a bounce round the skull and is a very effective way of ending a boxing match but it is possible to regain your legs,  a temple shot is more concussive so more likely to have a lasting effect which I’m sure is what happened. He was asking stupid questions, asked why he was feeling funny, and was checked for concussion extensively immediately after the fight.

And yeah not selling Ruiz short at all I was happy when he was given the fight said he had fast hands and said he’d be game as I’ve seen him box numerous Times before and the evidence is all on here, most just wrote him off and slept through the fight.  ill not pretend I fancied his chances and I don’t fancy his chances in the rematch but the guy can box and certainly brings something to the table.  However properly prepared re grouped re focused and you’d presume re located back to the UK AJ will find the telling shot to knock him out. Ruiz might land some shots again but I think he will struggle to land one so well placed and timed.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 22:46, lestajigs said:

Whats NOT to like about him

I agree as a man he seems a very decent guy ,  dragged himself out of the ghetto and nearly used the 10,000 hour rule to make himself the unified heavyweight of the world , I don’t dislike him , I detest the marketing BS, but as a man AJ is to be admired  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I agree as a man he seems a very decent guy ,  dragged himself out of the ghetto and nearly used the 10,000 hour rule to make himself the unified heavyweight of the world , I don’t dislike him , I detest the marketing BS, but as a man AJ is to be admired  

Essentially he doesn't like fast car Eddie ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well you can counter that by saying AJ was complacent and rushed his work far too much after knocking Wlad down the first time, gassed himself out and ended up getting punched, swings and roundabouts. 

And every punch is different, if I remember correctly Wlad rattled his jaw, which sends the brain for a bounce round the skull and is a very effective way of ending a boxing match but it is possible to regain your legs,  a temple shot is more concussive so more likely to have a lasting effect which I’m sure is what happened. He was asking stupid questions, asked why he was feeling funny, and was checked for concussion extensively immediately after the fight.

And yeah not selling Ruiz short at all I was happy when he was given the fight said he had fast hands and said he’d be game as I’ve seen him box numerous Times before and the evidence is all on here, most just wrote him off and slept through the fight.  ill not pretend I fancied his chances and I don’t fancy his chances in the rematch but the guy can box and certainly brings something to the table.  However properly prepared re grouped re focused and you’d presume re located back to the UK AJ will find the telling shot to knock him out. Ruiz might land some shots again but I think he will struggle to land one so well placed and timed.

No, it was definitely a right to the temple by Wlad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFqea12LSk8

The other thing that I still think you're overlooking is that Ruiz took Joshua's power better and that was before he managed to drop AJ in return. So how's he going to be if he doesn't get dropped next time? Even more in control I would think.

I have no problem admitting I got it wrong if Joshua wins, but you seem to be putting a lot on him landing a knockout punch in the rematch, when he was unable to do that in the first fight. And he has never stopped anyone with a single punch, unlike Wlad for instance.

I just think picking Joshua to win by KO is very much based on wishful thinking. I honestly think they'll try to have him box behind a jab, using his height and reach to pick up a points win. But even then, I don't see him being able to prevent Ruiz, who has the quicker feet and hands, from slipping the jab and methodically being able to switch between body and head on the inside where he has all the advantages. But even from distance, he showed the better movement and workrate early in the first fight.

No doubt like you, I've seen a lot of upsets, but they are usually just a lucky punch in which the underdog looked very limited up to that point. This was a sustained beating by Ruiz, and every time Joshua tried to punch back, he was countered with increasingly more accurate shots. I just don't see the rematch, which looks to be in the states after all, being any different.

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

No, it was definitely a right to the temple by Wlad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFqea12LSk8

The other thing that I still think you're overlooking is that Ruiz took Joshua's power better and that was before he managed to drop AJ in return. So how's he going to be if he doesn't get dropped next time? Even more in control I would think.

I have no problem admitting I got it wrong if Joshua wins, but you seem to be putting a lot on him landing a knockout punch in the rematch, when he was unable to do that in the first fight. And he has never stopped anyone with a single punch, unlike Wlad for instance.

I just think picking Joshua to win by KO is very much based on wishful thinking. I honestly think they'll try to have him box behind a jab, using his height and reach to pick up a points win. But even then, I don't see him being able to prevent Ruiz, who has the quicker feet and hands, from slipping the jab and methodically being able to switch between body and head on the inside where he has all the advantages. But even from distance, he showed the better movement and workrate early in the first fight.

No doubt like you, I've seen a lot of upsets, but they are usually just a lucky punch in which the underdog looked very limited up to that point. This was a sustained beating by Ruiz, and every time Joshua tried to punch back, he was countered with increasingly more accurate shots. I just don't see the rematch, which looks to be in the states after all, being any different.

That still looks like the upper side of the jaw to me, you can tell by they way his head moves, temples right at the top the head but  again semantics every shot effects you differently longer term ruiz’s Did more damage.

Likewise, it’s boxing it’s not often you can call things as dead certs. Your assessment is sound and based in logic and it could well pan out that way, I just think Joshua will hit him at some point, and your right it is never one punch with AJ but you can normally pin point the one that’s turned the fight on it’s head, Andy has plenty of weaknesses of his own that they didn’t exploit at all, I think they totally under estimated him and this time they will not. It’s still a difficult fight but I’ll be honest I didn’t see anything from Andy Ruiz I’ve not seen from Andy Ruiz before in that fight and I therefore I’m not going change my mind on who I expect to win, AJ was sub par naive Ill prepared and lost to the better man on the night. Prepped right they will come up with a game plan to beat him and stop him working on the inside (even if it involves giving that Italian ref a call). If they don’t Ruiz will win.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Reports saying looking like the WBO belt could be on it's way out of Senior Ruiz's possession and could even be up for grabs in Saturdays main event between Fury and  Schwarz... If not you'd think Whyte Rivas which is far more likely given the time frames.

Looks like we aren't getting that historical unification fight anytime soon.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Big night of boxing , the match ups might not be exciting but the events are decent 

Galahad Warrington could be better than a few expect it to be I feel, hopefully josh knocks him into next week though.

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Huge night! Our kid fighting in front of a full house tonight.. 

Best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Galahad Warrington could be better than a few expect it to be I feel, hopefully josh knocks him into next week though.

Best of luck to him.

Yeah, I reckon there's a good chance of Warrington by stoppage given Galahad is the naturally smaller guy moving up in weight. And I think Josh hits harder than advertised, only 6 wins by KO but he had Frampton, who I think might have a better chin than Galahad, out on his feet on several occasions. Also rocked Selby a few times.

At the least I think he wins a convincing decision.

Yeah, I reckon there's a good chance of Warrington by stoppage given Galahad is the naturally smaller guy moving up in weight. And I think Josh hits harder than advertised, only 6 wins by KO but he had Frampton, who I think might have a better chin than Galahad, out on his feet on several occasions. Also rocked Selby a few times.

At the least I think he wins a convincing decision.

I think Galahad may make it interesting, but Warrington should get the decision. Can’t envisage a knockout but a lot of his opponents say his power is over rated so maybe we might see some evidence of that tonight.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Woodstock being outclassed here.

As he was with Archie Sharp, Barret is classy but careless though so wouldn’t right him off just yet. But Woodstock’s not even the best super featherweight in Leicestershire.

Edited by Manwell Pablo