Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Since AJ got KO'd it's hard to predict who is the top heavyweight. I'm not sure even if AJ will be beat Ruiz, and who would win the Fury v Wilder.fight. 

If Usyk can put on enough weight without jeopardising his speed he could end up having all the belts.

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Since AJ got KO'd it's hard to predict who is the top heavyweight. I'm not sure even if AJ will be beat Ruiz, and who would win the Fury v Wilder.fight. 

If Usyk can put on enough weight without jeopardising his speed he could end up having all the belts.

That’s a big IF.

Weight gain usually hampers speed.

4 hours ago, Wortho said:

???????? , what on Earth 

tyson Fury is the best heavy weight on the planet right now , he may even be in the top 10 of all time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

???????? , what on Earth 

tyson Fury is the best heavy weight on the planet right now , he may even be in the top 10 of all time 

Since @Manwell Pablo introduced me to Usyk, I’ve admired him big time. Possibly pound for pound one of the best fighters on the planet. His boxing skills are exceptional and I suggest he’s a better boxer than any of the current heavys?

But is he big enough to go heavyweight? Not sure... I’m convinced if he does he’ll have a bloody good go, but just might not have the power to dump Tyson or Wilder

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

???????? , what on Earth 

Are you Tyson Fury?

He is in the Top 10 now, not all time. He has not proven himself over a long career like Ali, Foreman, Lewis, Tyson and the Klitschkos to name a few. If he knuckles down over the next few years he can become an all time great. He's not achieved a lot yet.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Are you Tyson Fury?

He is in the Top 10 now, not all time. He has not proven himself over a long career like Ali, Foreman, Lewis, Tyson and the Klitschkos to name a few. If he knuckles down over the next few years he can become an all time great. He's not achieved a lot yet.

He is surely in at least the top 2 now Joshua's lost to Ruiz and realistically it's comfortably one as he's beaten Wlad, and dodgey Mexican judges put aside, he also beat Wilder. I think your talking legacy while Lugs it talking ability and if he is right the latter will allow him to create the former, I certainly think he's capable. 

On Usky I think the only he'd really struggle getting any joy out of would again be Fury. Fury can match him for boxing IQ and with his awkward style and long leavers he'd make landing enough scoring shots extremely difficult for the much smaller Usyk. He'd be able to box his way to points decisions against Joshua or Wilder he'd just have to avoid taking something extremely heavy for 12 rounds which against those two is easier said than done. He'd make light work of Ruiz.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I can't see Fury beating Wilder. I appreciate Fury is a awkward boxer and is technically good but he hasn't got a knock out punch, whereas Wilder has. I don't really rate Wilder but he has a big right hand albeit predictable. 

I don't know how anyone can rate him in the top 10 of all time, it must be banter.

7 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I can't see Fury beating Wilder. I appreciate Fury is a awkward boxer and is technically good but he hasn't got a knock out punch, whereas Wilder has. I don't really rate Wilder but he has a big right hand albeit predictable. 

I don't know how anyone can rate him in the top 10 of all time, it must be banter.

That's on odd comment to make given he has already beaten him and was robbed by a dodgy judge.

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

That's on odd comment to make given he has already beaten him and was robbed by a dodgy judge.

But he didn't. Despite Fury being on top for most of the fight he was knocked down twice. I don't think anyone would give him the verdict. 

I agree the judges are bent as anything.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He is surely in at least the top 2 now Joshua's lost to Ruiz and realistically it's comfortably one as he's beaten Wlad, and dodgey Mexican judges put aside, he also beat Wilder. I think your talking legacy while Lugs it talking ability and if he is right the latter will allow him to create the former, I certainly think he's capable. 

On Usky I think the only he'd really struggle getting any joy out of would again be Fury. Fury can match him for boxing IQ and with his awkward style and long leavers he'd make landing enough scoring shots extremely difficult for the much smaller Usyk. He'd be able to box his way to points decisions against Joshua or Wilder he'd just have to avoid taking something extremely heavy for 12 rounds which against those two is easier said than done. He'd make light work of Ruiz.

I read your posts in Mike Costello's voice lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Wortho said:

But he didn't. Despite Fury being on top for most of the fight he was knocked down twice. I don't think anyone would give him the verdict. 

I agree the judges are bent as anything.

Fury won that fight for the vast majority of those who watched, and by a decent margin even with the knock downs. Even Lou Dibella, who is practically Wilder's promoter can be heard on camera in the ring afterwards saying "Well done, you've won this fight" to Fury. 

I know it was actually a draw and the D is what goes down in the history books but it is odd to say you can't see how Tyson Fury can beat Wilder when he already stepped in the ring and did beat him in the eyes of just about everyone bar two judges. 

Plus there's the fact that Fury looks in better shape now than he did in December and is improving his conditioning more and more as time goes on.

It's very easy to see how Tyson Fury beats Wilder, he just needs to not get knocked out and he should out box him to a comfortable points decision.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fury won that fight for the vast majority of those who watched, and by a decent margin even with the knock downs. Even Lou Dibella, who is practically Wilder's promoter can be heard on camera in the ring afterwards saying "Well done, you've won this fight" to Fury. 

I know it was actually a draw and the D is what goes down in the history books but it is odd to say you can't see how Tyson Fury can beat Wilder when he already stepped in the ring and did beat him in the eyes of just about everyone bar two judges. 

Plus there's the fact that Fury looks in better shape now than he did in December and is improving his conditioning more and more as time goes on.

It's very easy to see how Tyson Fury beats Wilder, he just needs to not get knocked out and he should out box him to a comfortable points decision.

I think that might be easy said than done. Fury can only beat him on points and Wilder knows he can floor him. I also think that Fury is a negative and boring boxer but I suppose it takes all types and styles.

13 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I think that might be easy said than done. Fury can only beat him on points and Wilder knows he can floor him. I also think that Fury is a negative and boring boxer but I suppose it takes all types and styles.

Well yes Wilder can floor literally anyone in boxing with that right hand but you'd imagine if anyone can avoid it it'd be fury, it took him a full 12 rounds to land anything really meaningful last time (the knockdown in round 9 didn't do any damage and Fury was back on top of Wilder the minute he came in for the kill) Tyson was 2 minutes away from victory.

The Fury that quite frankly battered Tom Schwartz looked much improved in terms of conditioning than the one that fought Wilder as well so there's that to take into account, I'd make him favorite, and I imagine the book makers would as well.

He's had a lot of boring fights but I think it's a case of he's boring when he needs to be. He's had plenty of entertaining fights as well and decent performance such as Steve Cunningham and Christian Hamer down the years. The fight may have not been much of a spectacle but watching what he did to Wlad was fascinating, obviously Wilder was one of the fights of that year and there was nothing boring about his last fight, it didn't go on long enough to be boring 

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well yes Wilder can floor literally anyone in boxing with that right hand but you'd imagine if anyone can avoid it it'd be fury, it took him a full 12 rounds to land anything really meaningful last time (the knockdown in round 9 didn't do any damage and Fury was back on top of Wilder the minute he came in for the kill) Tyson was 2 minutes away from victory.

The Fury that quite frankly battered Tom Schwartz looked much improved in terms of conditioning than the one that fought Wilder as well so there's that to take into account, I'd make him favorite, and I imagine the book makers would as well.

He's had a lot of boring fights but I think it's a case of he's boring when he needs to be. He's had plenty of entertaining fights as well and decent performance such as Steve Cunningham and Christian Hamer down the years. The fight may have not been much of a spectacle but watching what he did to Wlad was fascinating, obviously Wilder was one of the fights of that year and there was nothing boring about his last fight, it didn't go on long enough to be boring 

The way that Fury and he's people celebrated that win was astonishing. Schwartz is a bum and just set up for Fury to look good. You would have thought that Fury had beaten Tyson, Ali and Louis all in one night. I would like to see Fury v Whyte.

1 minute ago, Wortho said:

The way that Fury and he's people celebrated that win was astonishing. Schwartz is a bum and just set up for Fury to look good. You would have thought that Fury had beaten Tyson, Ali and Louis all in one night. I would like to see Fury v Whyte.

I'd not hold out much hope of seeing Whyte vs anyone any time soon lol 

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Since @Manwell Pablo introduced me to Usyk, I’ve admired him big time. Possibly pound for pound one of the best fighters on the planet. His boxing skills are exceptional and I suggest he’s a better boxer than any of the current heavys?

But is he big enough to go heavyweight? Not sure... I’m convinced if he does he’ll have a bloody good go, but just might not have the power to dump Tyson or Wilder

Lads please , let’s be Clear portential and actual achievement are two different things ! Fury is proven and i see nothing Usyk to suggest he will overly bother Tyson , great as he is for me he is complestly unproven at this level 

Fury batter the man that ruled for a decade , schooled the great American hope and given a chance will finish the career of Audley Joshua (?

if you can’t see and appreciate his greatness then you are a goat looking at lightening