Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

21 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yarde is an animal , if he gets right into Kovalev early he will win , if he tries to box clever that will be dumb , he needs to go at him like a Wild animal and defend as best he can , ripping body and uppercuts the way to go 

I think he will win 

Kovolev will win, Yarde is a guy who I think is a bottler, he will face the power and run

10 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I hope it's a great fight, I'm just glad Yarde is stepping up

He gives off the impression he would fight anyone to be fair I think it's management that's stopped him. Pretty sure if it was up to him he'd of took the chance the last time it was offered.

11 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yarde is an animal , if he gets right into Kovalev early he will win , if he tries to box clever that will be dumb , he needs to go at him like a Wild animal and defend as best he can , ripping body and uppercuts the way to go 

I think he will win 

Sergy Kovalev is a very, very good boxer who tends to hurt whoever he hits though. If Yarde tries that there's every chance he's going to take something heavy himself then it's night night.

I do agree he has to be more on the side of aggression over caution but he needs to keep it controlled or he will get whacked.

• Like 1

I don't know who wins to be honest. Although I think Kovalev was screwed over in the first Ward fight, I think losing the rematch, and the way his trainer turned on him has left him not quite the same mentally.

That said, Yarde has zero experience on the world stage. But if he somehow pulls it off, surely he's a candidate to win this year's SPOTY?!

More thoughts after seeing the weigh in....

Yarde is a naturally big boned and muscular guy. But he looked incredibly musclebound today, which is going to be difficult for him to carry if the fight is a drawn out affair. Also, any fighter with lats and shoulders that size is going to start getting wider and wider with their shots, as the fight goes on. Assuming they don't get their opponent out of their early doors. And they will be tailor made for a guy with a good jab, which Kovalev has.

Perhaps Kovalev will end up being intimidated by Yarde's physicality and doubt himself, should he take a few shots to the body early. But if he is anywhere near what he was 3 years ago, I think he might be able to set up accumulative shots off the jab and win by UD or get a late stoppage. Either that or Yarde gets a stunning early stoppage.

Edited by Kendal Fox

4 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

More thoughts after seeing the weigh in....

Yarde is a naturally big boned and muscular guy. But he looked incredibly musclebound today, which is going to be difficult for him to carry if the fight is a drawn out affair. Also, any fighter with lats and shoulders that size is going to start getting wider and wider with their shots, as the fight goes on. Assuming they don't get their opponent out of their early doors. And they will be tailor made for a guy with a good jab, which Kovalev has.

Perhaps Kovalev will end up being intimidated by Yarde's physicality and doubt himself, should he take a few shots to the body early. But if he is anywhere near what he was 3 years ago, I think he might be able to set up accumulative shots off the jab and win by UD or get a late stoppage. Either that or Yarde gets a stunning early stoppage.

Weighing in at 173.9 I’d not be too concerned tbh, as you say he’s naturally well built.

if he gets done it’ll be through not being technically good enough and he’ll get outboxed or mentally mature enough and he will get old manned. His engine is very good.

i doubt a few muscles are going to intimidate Sergey Kovalev. It’s a tough one to call as they’re is very little to benchmark with as Yarde hasn’t been close to this level before, but I think that fact will ultimately be the difference.

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Weighing in at 173.9 I’d not be too concerned tbh, as you say he’s naturally well built.

if he gets done it’ll be through not being technically good enough and he’ll get outboxed or mentally mature enough and he will get old manned. His engine is very good.

i doubt a few muscles are going to intimidate Sergey Kovalev. It’s a tough one to call as they’re is very little to benchmark with as Yarde hasn’t been close to this level before, but I think that fact will ultimately be the difference.

Oh, I was meaning it in the worst case scenario for Kovalev and the best case for Yarde. He's dealt with the likes of Pascal of course who was also musclebound.

My hunch is that it might be a UD to Kovalev. I'm getting the sense that you're leaning that way too?

2 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Oh, I was meaning it in the worst case scenario for Kovalev and the best case for Yarde. He's dealt with the likes of Pascal of course who was also musclebound.

My hunch is that it might be a UD to Kovalev. I'm getting the sense that you're leaning that way too?

I think kovalev will ko him myself but such a hard fight to call and that’s what makes it so interesting. We will learn a lot about Yarde tonight.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yarde barely started tbh. 

There rounds Kovalev so far tbqh. 

I dunno I think he took that third and judging by his face so did yarde.

dont always listen to Barry he’s spot on a lot of the time but sometimes makes some bemusing comments

Not really listening to Jones all that much just don't know that Yarde is really scoring a lot anywhere. 

He doesn't look hurt or flustered or all that phased, he looks pretty calm and he's moving okay. 

But he's barely throwing let alone landing. He's spent the while fight so far just trying to stay out the way of constant jabs. 

This is better mind.