Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Took that round off completely.

This or 11 is when he needs to find it again.

Like I said, experience, when he had his window he just gassed himself trying too hard to finish him off. He'd been pretty composed til that point and seemed to completely wind himself. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Like I said, experience, when he had his window he just gassed himself trying too hard to finish him off. He'd been pretty composed til that point and seemed to completely wind himself. 

To be fair he did the right thing he had him hurt and needed to go for the finish 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Will either make him or break him this , can’t fault him really in with a hall of famer In making 

in parts tonight he was impressive but he didn’t gamble and in this sport fortune favours the brave 

Completely. Hopefully make him.

problem is and I’m about to butcher the spelling of all their names, Bivol, Biterbiev and Gvodynsk, honestly think he’s a world level fighter Yarde but I don’t see how he can win a world title presently.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Completely. Hopefully make him.

problem is and I’m about to butcher the spelling of all their names, Bivol, Biterbiev and Gvodynsk, honestly think he’s a world level fighter Yarde but I don’t see how he can win a world title presently.

If he improves he can 

but on the whole I agree 

27 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

If he improves he can 

but on the whole I agree 

Did you watch Mannys card on box nation earlier. Just watching it on catch up.

What the fck is going on here. 

Edit: so on top of the initial wtf I’ve watched two of the four fights and I’m yet to watch a full minute of boxing (in the two fights combined)

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think kovalev will ko him myself but such a hard fight to call and that’s what makes it so interesting. We will learn a lot about Yarde tonight.

You called it mate. I could see the KO being late if it came (which it was) but thought more likely Kovalev would box his way to a UD, though of course he came so close to being stopped himself.

I was impressed with both men. Yarde for the self belief and heart he showed, despite no experience at world level. And Kovalev for the way he was able to compose himself after nearly being stopped, listen to Buddy McGirt and box out the 9th round. Then in the 10th, he went back to the Kovalev that we used to see 4 or 5 years ago.

Think one thing I did get right was Kovalev's jab and he pretty much scored the KO with it, though Yarde was obviously exhausted.

Great performance from both men and Yarde's gamble may not have paid off in the way he'd hoped, but he's bought himself a massive amount of experience at elite level and showed his heart is world-class in one go.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Did you watch Mannys card on box nation earlier. Just watching it on catch up.

What the fck is going on here. 

Edit: so on top of the initial wtf I’ve watched two of the four fights and I’m yet to watch a full minute of boxing (in the two fights combined)

Just heard about this. If it was in the Philippines, maybe they were going all out trying to impress Manny, what with his reputation for having an all-action style!!

10 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yarde looked spent too early, if he had the fitness, he would have won

He was spent in round 9 as he spent the entire final minute of round 8 using Kovalevs head as a punching bag.

10 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Just heard about this. If it was in the Philippines, maybe they were going all out trying to impress Manny, what with his reputation for having an all-action style!!

It was shit matchmaking Thats what it was lol this is hilarious, production is awful and picture keeps cutting off.