Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

If fans Arnt excited by this signing then they have gone seriously mad.

He is much better than any midfields at the club. Prem experience, proven international.

I think a bit of money has gone to people's heads. We are still a championship club who have had relatively little success for nearly ten years.

And I echoe this post to any1 who turns their nose up at the likes of jerome. We could always welcome bk some of the horrors we have all seen in recent years like Hammond.

I for one think this signing shows how far lcfc have come in 12 mnths.

Evidently not. I've got the two bob bits as well, today is gonna be horrible. The Chairmen smashed it in Camden last night pal, J Gav was off his barry. He's gone AWOL, haha!

You making in to the game then???

I wondered where my new bast mate had got to!! No doubt he will have ended up with a woo look a like in some underground hip hop party!!

You making in to the game then???

I wondered where my new bast mate had got to!! No doubt he will have ended up with a woo look a like in some underground hip hop party!!

Hopefully. Phipps is driving us back in a bit

I know that it has been reported on Twitter that the deal is done, but as yet no confirmation from anywhere else.

Official website, skysports and even the mercury not reporting anything today?

I'm assuming he will play no part today?

I know that it has been reported on Twitter that the deal is done, but as yet no confirmation from anywhere else.

Official website, skysports and even the mercury not reporting anything today?

I'm assuming he will play no part today?

Ian stringer says that this will be confirmed today

Yeah was at the gAme 4 rows to left of vichai and 5 rows up lol I stood there starring at him wondering it was then I realised it was fernandes so I went up and got his signature and said is it a done deal and he said yh it will be confirmed on Monday cause transfers normally don't get completed on the weekend for sum reason ? Seemed a nice chap too !

If other players are going to throw there toys out of the pram because a little bit of competition has come along then there not worth keeping. to many players have had an easy ride over the last few years we need competition for places.

Competition for places in the starting lineup is healthy. However, if Leicester approached a player (existing squad member or new signing) promising that he would be their main man, and then they go ahead and sign another player that they intend to start instead of the former, then I can understand why the original player would be upset, having been mislead.

Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be the case here. Most of our squad is now being paid handsomely, and let's not forget that the Championship season is a long, tough slog. 46 games and two cups, and hell, maybe even a trip to Thailand thrown somewhere (not to mention internationals). The players will need rest, want rest and gladly take rest every now and then.

I only mostly agree with the above but I agree completely with you about depth. Midfielders run A LOT.

Think back to last season: Abe needed time to adjust to new surroundings, Oakley doesn't have the legs he once did (but played better towards the end after not starting for a long while) and Wellens faded down the home stretch. Our defense changed every game, there were several different forward combinations, but once Sven took over, he really tried to squeeze every last drop of sweat out of Wellens, King and Abe. Ain't gonna happen this season, not if we want the consistent kick-ass form promotion-winning teams must have. A deep, well-rested midfield would have made things so much easier for the merry-go-round in defense.

Gelson Fernandes is good. Certainly solid enough to handle the Championship. Possibly good enough to make our starting XI even better.

Other teams have strog starting XIs (West Ham, Ipswich, Forest as examples) But if players get weary around the holiday season, and opponents dig into their thin benches while Sven calls out Johnson, Abe and Wellens (using those names somewhat as a guess for a back-up midfield, somewhat just for argument's sake--could be any 3), that is a massive, season-changing advantage.

Sven more or less confirmed this deal at the press conference yesterday. When asked he said yes and then asked to his right "Is it official yet", no he was told and then he looked a bit embaressed.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Sky confirm Gelson Fernandes is close to being a Leicester player, he is and has been one since Friday, he's in their team photo #LCFC

anybody seen this years team photo to confirm?

has this one been confirmed yet?

More or less....

Sven says he is joining then turns to (I assume Susan Whelan/Andrew Neville) and says is it official yet, they obviously say no...... Sven looks round rather embarrassed and says.... It's not official but it will be very soon

More or less....

Sven says he is joining then turns to (I assume Susan Whelan/Andrew Neville) and says is it official yet, they obviously say no...... Sven looks round rather embarrassed and says.... It's not official but it will be very soon

classic, bet he wasnt too impressed hey?

Archived