Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

I have to admit I had question marks over this signing when Ifirst heard we were after him. But lets not ignore the facts this guy is a proven international player and has played at the highest level most of his career, for those reasons he has to be the first name on the team sheet every week. If other players are going to throw there toys out of the pram because a little bit of competition has come along then there not worth keeping. to many players have had an easy ride over the last few years we need competition for places. I also see Micheal johnson as a squad man but an excellent one at that you cant physically have the injuries hes had and just automatically be fit for a whole season. A massive clearout is imminent in my opinion a number of players will leave next week these in my opinion should be Waghorn (part of Maynard deal hopefully) , Howard , Oakley , Berner (new coach) , Moussa (loan) , Schlupp (loan) , Dyer , Moreno , Nguessan.

Didn't Sven say on SSN that he wanted to sign him?

NO Sven said he wanted to talk to him. He spoke to his agent but but was trying to speak to Owen. Maybe to have a look at him, but no comment on bringing him in.

Really good signing just wonder who is on their way out, if we keep all these midfielders our formation is gonna be one of the weirdest ever lol, how do we keep all these players happy.

is king on his way to everton ???? i know there has been talk in the past has Sven said we need players in then we will sell? so speculative i know just makes you wonder with how many midfielders we have.

The formation stumps me if we bring in Townsend there goes the 4-3-3 we predicted as you cant play trues wingers in that, if we play 4-4-2 i don't think king is the man for that he needs to play in a 3 to me, we will see

Saw Dave at the kettering match on crutches :( Get better soon buddy!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dve was one of my signings of the season please get well Dave love you

it's a long season with a lot of games mang

i know can just see players getting the hump, however i am a big fan of picking your team to suit the opposition which we will hopefully have the weird privilidge of doing its just a weird feeling having a good team and i thinks thats whywere all worried, but back to the point in home games against the like of doncaster/peterborough you can field a side what gonna be atotally different game to playing the like of west ham and birmingham/ipswich away so that must be svens thinking have the players to do a job in every game.

i know can just see players getting the hump, however i am a big fan of picking your team to suit the opposition which we will hopefully have the weird privilidge of doing its just a weird feeling having a good team and i thinks thats whywere all worried, but back to the point in home games against the like of doncaster/peterborough you can field a side what gonna be atotally different game to playing the like of west ham and birmingham/ipswich away so that must be svens thinking have the players to do a job in every game.

sounds sensible enough doesnt it? hope it works :fc:

Good point. I can understand people's concerns that some players might become a bit unhappy at not playing as much as they might have done without all the new signings, but I think the positives far outweigh this potential problem. Plus, I think a lot of fringe players might be happy to wait for a chance if they see that the side are doing well and might be heading for promotion - effectively turning them into PL players.

The advantages of a big squad as I see them:

Injuries less of a problem,

Suspensions likewise,

Fatigue ditto,

More variation in formation and style of play is possible, and

Players out of form can be dropped for a while

Good point. I can understand people's concerns that some players might become a bit unhappy at not playing as much as they might have done without all the new signings, but I think the positives far outweigh this potential problem. Plus, I think a lot of fringe players might be happy to wait for a chance if they see that the side are doing well and might be heading for promotion - effectively turning them into PL players.

The advantages of a big squad as I see them:

Injuries less of a problem,

Suspensions likewise,

Fatigue ditto,

More variation in formation and style of play is possible, and

Players out of form can be dropped for a while

Good post, agree totally but you speak to morons who think we will put the same side out every week. in this divsion you need as sven says two sides as every opposition is different. was proved last season you can;t play the same team away at qpr as you can at home to doncaster/scunthorpe. we now have a squad

I just think it's pretty funny how many people are saying that Sven's getting it wrong when there's not a single person here with his experience and credentials. :giggle:

no mate i think he has it dead right, we need to have a team to paly against different opposition just wonder how some players will react when used to gettin a game evey week?

I have to admit I had question marks over this signing when Ifirst heard we were after him. But lets not ignore the facts this guy is a proven international player and has played at the highest level most of his career, for those reasons he has to be the first name on the team sheet every week. If other players are going to throw there toys out of the pram because a little bit of competition has come along then there not worth keeping. to many players have had an easy ride over the last few years we need competition for places. I also see Micheal johnson as a squad man but an excellent one at that you cant physically have the injuries hes had and just automatically be fit for a whole season. A massive clearout is imminent in my opinion a number of players will leave next week these in my opinion should be Waghorn (part of Maynard deal hopefully) , Howard , Oakley , Berner (new coach) , Moussa (loan) , Schlupp (loan) , Dyer , Moreno , Nguessan.

Very good post. I agree, this signing didn't exactly get the juices flowing at first, but I think he'll be a great addition. Players are really going to have to perform to get a game in our mf now and hopefully we can rotate a bit to avoid exhaustion. There were a few times last season when it looked to me as if Wellens and King were running on empty.

I think a clear out is inevitable now - we have too many players iand we need to get rid of some dead wood. I agree with all the players you mention bar Waggy and Dyer - both of whom I think still have enough quality to do a very good job in this division!!

I just think it's pretty funny how many people are saying that Sven's getting it wrong when there's not a single person here with his experience and credentials. :giggle:

Ha ha - I always think that, I'm forever doubting managers without considering they are vastly more experienced and talented then I am - not to mentiom they see the players every day!

Archived