Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Blackburn in for Bamba

Sol Bamba will be on more than £3000 a week, that figure was misquoted from his child maintenance case.

Exactly, he'll have been on that at Hibs, would imagine he's on at least £5,000 here. The amount of people on here who seem to believe everything they read is laughable.

Any idea which strikers may be on the way in :thumbup:

I will be very surprised if Nicky Maynard isn't in a Leicester shirt by the end of the window from what i've heard.

He's been Sven's number 1 target all summer and Sven usually gets what he wants! Bristol are playing hard ball over price etc but I think the closer it gets to the end of the window the more favourable it us for us so we just have to be patient on that one.

Wouldnt be surprised to see a Prem striker come in also on loan once all the Prem teams have set their squads up for the season. Again i don't expect this to happen until the end of the window.

I will be very surprised if Nicky Maynard isn't in a Leicester shirt by the end of the window from what i've heard.

He's been Sven's number 1 target all summer and Sven usually gets what he wants! Bristol are playing hard ball over price etc but I think the closer it gets to the end of the window the appmore favourable it us for us so we just have to be patient on that one.

Wouldnt be surprised to see a Prem striker come in also on loan once all the Prem teams have set their squads up for the season. Again i don't expect this to happen until the end of the window.

Cheers for the info much appreciated :thumbup:

You cant blame bamba for wanting prem football BUT Blackburn could end up coming down next season and what does it say to other prem clubs if we sell him? We should reject it there's not many defenders like bamba this would never of happened if Sven hadn't bought him to Leicester. If I were Sven I would ask him to stay this season if we don't make the prem then you can leave if he sell him this WILL be the biggest mistake this season.

You cant blame bamba for wanting prem football BUT Blackburn could end up coming down next season and what does it say to other prem clubs if we sell him? We should reject it there's not many defenders like bamba this would never of happened if Sven hadn't bought him to Leicester. If I were Sven I would ask him to stay this season if we don't make the prem then you can leave if he sell him this WILL be the biggest mistake this season.

This

He's been Sven's number 1 target all summer and Sven usually gets what he wants! Bristol are playing hard ball over price etc but I think the closer it gets to the end of the window the more favourable it us for us so we just have to be patient on that one.

cms.. long..derbyshire.. didnt really get any of them did we..

Correct!

I don't think we were ever really interested in Derbyshire.

Long was maneouvred to a PL club by Reading.

CMS is still a bit of a mystery to me. We must have been interested or we wouldn't have spoken to him. Does anybody know why we pulled out?

CMS is still a bit of a mystery to me. We must have been interested or we wouldn't have spoken to him. Does anybody know why we pulled out?

Heard that he wanted rediculous bonuses and add ons so sven pulled the plug.

He felt the Brighton move was better for him which is fair enough, money is not everything to SOME players.

CMS - Sven pulled out.

Derbyshire - Didn't want.

Long - Couldn't really be helped, we might have had a small chance if Reading had accepted our offer.

Correct!

He felt the Brighton move was better for him which is fair enough, money is not everything to SOME players.

see the contradictions all ready ???

Maybe, they have rich owners and i think CMS was drawn to them as he was being told he would be the focus of there team.

I think it was more likely he wasn't Sven's first choice and we were using him as leverage to pressure Bristol into selling Maynard.

The last two replies demonstrate that I don't think people really know.

I know this is old news now, but it still shows a lack of ambition to me.

You could argue that Bamba turning down a PL club would be unambitious. We can conjecture that LCFC are on the way up and BRFC are on the way down, but only one club can definitely offer PL football this season.

Personally though, I'm a big fan and want him to stay. If Bamba's form was more consistent (when he's good he's v good) then he'd be an awesome player!

cms.. long..derbyshire.. didnt really get any of them did we..

Don't be so naive.....if Sven really wanted CMS/Derbyshire he would have got them. Long situation was different:

CMS - went to Brighton as we couldn't guarantee him 1st team football. This was the same time we made the first bid for Nicky Maynard and he was the priority.

Derbyshire - there was interest from us but no contract was offered

Long - We enquired but Long was only going to move to a Prem team (even though we were offering more wages) or stay with Reading until his contract ran out.

There are obviously alot of names on Svens hit list which get into the papers through agents. People think we have missed out on targets when its more of the case that only initial enquiries were made.

Alot of these deals are also smoke screens and a way of trying to force other clubs hands. I think this is the case with the Maynard situation.

Don't be so naive.....if Sven really wanted CMS/Derbyshire he would have got them. Long situation was different:

CMS - went to Brighton as we couldn't guarantee him 1st team football. This was the same time we made the first bid for Nicky Maynard and he was the priority.

Derbyshire - there was interest from us but no contract was offered

Long - We enquired but Long was only going to move to a Prem team (even though we were offering more wages) or stay with Reading until his contract ran out.

There are obviously alot of names on Svens hit list which get into the papers through agents. People think we have missed out on targets when its more of the case that only initial enquiries were made.

Alot of these deals are also smoke screens and a way of trying to force other clubs hands. I think this is the case with the Maynard situation.

im not the one who thinks sven can get who ever he wants...

Archived