Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Jeffrey Schlupp

His name sounds like shit missing the water in the pan and leaving a nasty skid down the bowl ready for the next person. Just saying like!

:doh:

Sounds more like the sound your brain makes when it falls out of your pants dumbo

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Worth a start at LB?

For 3 games now Konch's form is either off or he looks like he could do with resting, he's diving in on opponents counters leaving their wingers with a free run at our CBs, he's making poor use of the ball when he's pushing forwards and for some reason just doesn't look his standard self.

Would Schlupp be worth a start?

I felt Konchesky was good for us last season. Going into the summer I was very happy with him being first choice at LB. He's had a poor start though IMO.

Passing hasn't been up to scratch, too many balls given away in dangerous positions. He's been getting beaten and outmuscled too easily for me as well. In all honestly an accident waiting to happen. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, not going to start saying 'get rid' like I'm sure a number of people will start saying but he needs to improve before the end of the season or he could be on his way out next summer.

I'd give him a game or two more and tell him he needs to up his game and that Schlupp is snapping at his heels.

Konchesky started slow last season and looked knackered in the second half at Forest when we drew 2 - 2. I've every confidence he'll regain form and be the consistent performer we have become used to (For the record I thought he had a decent game on Saturday). Schlupp could make a great full back in the future but needs to learn the trade first. One good 30 minutes doesn't make him a world beater and to throw him in too early could seriously damage his confidence, particularly if he's responsible for a goal. People tend to forget a striker who misses a couple of chances, then scores, but a defender who has a good first half then makes a howler which leads to a goal is villified (e.g. Whitbread on Tursday).

One ok half an hour at left back and he should start ahead of Konchesky?!

3 bad games in a row against varied opposition and Konchesky should automatically carry on?

I think we've got the break now, lets keep him there for a game or two after we come back & see if he's still the same, if so then unleash the Schlupp...

Would be interesting to see if we could get some Naughton style counters from that side rather than Konch's aimless lofted ball too

One ok half an hour at left back and he should start ahead of Konchesky?!

How many people have said that? The fact that he played well and Konchesky's been crap the last few games is going to throw up the topic.

Schlupp... Leicester's future number 3? Doesn't seem right :/ especially that he played right wing in a 4-3-3 last season at times it seems the exact opposite position that he's seem to have fit in now. Credit to the lad, he has had some decent performances in that role.

Archived