Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

Nice to see Cov relegated :thumbup: Might have a look at that RB. Did you play him there or at CB? Is it just me or is Pantsil gash on this game?

They waited until after the season finished before sacking their manager, as well. lol

According to the "Position" tab, he played 20 games at CB (7.16), 10 games at RB (7) and 1 at LB (7.9 lol ). Initial scout reports (19 on JP) were that he had the potential to far exceed Bamba's CA, but now my coaches say he'd "be a good player for most PL sides" and is "playing at close to his full potential". Disappointing, but still has a 4* rating so not too shabby. No idea where this Gioda (sp?) chap is that everyone's mentioned. Or Verratti for that matter.

Johnny P averaged 7.26 for me in 34 apps; him & Bamba going to the Cup of Nations did coincide with my slump in form, mind. Biggest thing I noticed about Pantsil is that he loves a yellow card (13 in all competitions!).

Gallagher yet again though was my biggest player - as he was in the Champ on FM11. Such a hero in that league it's unreal. I actually wanted to sex-wee at his form from February onwards.

The back four in place will hack the prem if you don't rely on them to win games. Verratti will be prem class if you give him game time to build him up, King also.

Dyer is shit, mind, and will get found out when you go up. Speed isn't everything, ask Largeal who bummed Shane Long and his 8 finishing last year.

Beckford and Nugent will be who I replace first when I go up, followed by Abe and my AML and AMR.

Nice to see Cov relegated :thumbup: Might have a look at that RB. Did you play him there or at CB? Is it just me or is Pantsil gash on this game?

Been average in pre-season, just back-up to Andreas Hinkel now though.

Sold Weale & Wellens (to Derby), brought in a couple of south american kids up front, Hinkel in defence, some 16 year italian as back-up keeper & a couple of midfielders.

And finners, until the prem, pace is everything (at least on previous versions). Long was a some what unnecessary one year investment: buy, get promoted, sell.

The back four in place will hack the prem if you don't rely on them to win games. Verratti will be prem class if you give him game time to build him up, King also.

Dyer is shit, mind, and will get found out when you go up. Speed isn't everything, ask Largeal who bummed Shane Long and his 8 finishing last year.

Beckford and Nugent will be who I replace first when I go up, followed by Abe and my AML and AMR.

Peltier? I'm really not sure. I don't intend on replacing many of them but I definitely feel some cover is needed at full-back, besides picking full-backs was my weakness on 11. I swear there was a glitch though? So often full-backs on the game manager to deliver 7.8+ over a whole season, I never had anything close to it.

Speed I agree in the Premier isn't everything but it certainly plays a lot in the way I attack so if my money is limited, he won't be one of the ones I replace.

I can't see Beckford and Nugent clicking in the Premier for some reason. Beckford's very hit and miss on this but the reality is he'll probably play 15 games this season where he'll single handedly win us the game so he'll be playing.

As I've said before, just because a player seems to be doing well for you, it doesnt mean he's good. Dyer, for example, is shit. He may seem effective but imagine how well a better player would be doing in your system.

I have hugely high standards for players in FM, though, because if you take the time to look on a large database there are LOTS of great players going very cheap. If you arent lazy you can afford to be picky.

Must be where I'm going wrong then what with only using a medium-sized database for fear of raping my computer's performance.

Playoff Winners: Burnley. Won 10 of their last 13 (including the 3 playoff games). Form.

Manager of the Year: Me, for having won the league at a canter.

Player of the Year: Gallagher because of his late-season form (21 goals & 28 assists all-told).

Peterborough's Sam Togwell won Goal of the Season for his Valentine's Day goal against me (my last league defeat).

Players' Team of the Year: Bamba, Pantsil, Gallagher & Villa all made the First XI; Kasper and Mills made the bench. 5 Hammers and 1 apiece from Ipswich, So'ton, Brighton, Blackpool & Reading completed the squad.

I'm gonna wait for a patch or two to come out before getting this. Any noticeable bugs so far?

Does Ricky Lambert turning down a combined total of 130,000 per week count as a bug????(for the record I would of never agreed to that I was just trying to see how much he actually wanted lol)

Have I missed something? I've tried to search for a number of players which have been mentioned in this thread. But I can't find any of them...???

I click the transfer tab, then enter their name into the search option box - now am I being thick or is that not the right place to search for a player by name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have I missed something? I've tried to search for a number of players which have been mentioned in this thread. But I can't find any of them...???

I click the transfer tab, then enter their name into the search option box - now am I being thick or is that not the right place to search for a player by name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A few of the ones I've named (in fact, most, with the exception of Verratti) are from the Argentine league so if you've not got it switched on and you've got a fairly small database then you may not have them in your game.

Make sure you're spelling correctly, though, as the FM search tool is very, very picky.

I just signed Rivaldo on a free til the end of the season 'cos he only wanted three grand a week. lol lol

A few of the ones I've named (in fact, most, with the exception of Verratti) are from the Argentine league so if you've not got it switched on and you've got a fairly small database then you may not have them in your game.

Make sure you're spelling correctly, though, as the FM search tool is very, very picky.

I just signed Rivaldo on a free til the end of the season 'cos he only wanted three grand a week. lol lol

Ahh that will be it then. Cheers again.

Beaten at last, September 24th, Pompey away, 1-0 defeat.

Nugent's gash.

Chamberlain's been very disappointing too. Still third but work to do. Burnley at home in the League Cup 4th round though, very optimistic of the last 8 now.

Beaten at last, September 24th, Pompey away, 1-0 defeat.

Nugent's gash.

Chamberlain's been very disappointing too. Still third but work to do. Burnley at home in the League Cup 4th round though, very optimistic of the last 8 now.

You're playing Chamberlain for city? :|

He's a bag of gash (sadly.)

Putting off buying this at the moment cos I didn't like the demo and COD comes out on November 8th, I'm busy enough as it is. Saying that its only £25 quid from Amazon so i'll probably buy it by the end of the day.

Finners have you mastered the training yet? If so can you upload as you did last year? When I switched laptops I lost your file last year and my attempt was nowhere near as successful.

You using the same 4-2-2-2 formation you used last year? If so can you upload that as well.

Saving me time is gonna be key to me enjoying this game again this year. I hate that I can't commit to this as much as I want.

Archived