Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

As a huge TWD fan i'd say keep with it..

Yes it was a slow start but it does pick up then gets abit slow at times again, but the second half of the season is much better than the first half.. I think in the whole grand scheme of things this season was a build up for what is rumoured to be a very action packed season 5

Started very well, but after the Darabont debacle left a sour taste in the mouth, the budget was cut and things went downhill it wasn't as good. Still watchable, and the odd gem of an episode ('please don't be mad at me - just look at the flowers' sent a shiver down my spine) but overall the quality of it, compared to quite a big handful of shows on telly right now, isn't much cop.

Started very well, but after the Darabont debacle left a sour taste in the mouth, the budget was cut and things went downhill it wasn't as good. Still watchable, and the odd gem of an episode ('please don't be mad at me - just look at the flowers' sent a shiver down my spine) but overall the quality of it, compared to quite a big handful of shows on telly right now, isn't much cop.

The trouble with the Darabont issue was he wanted to make every episode like a movie and they just couldn't afford that, that lead to big problems and he left... He was in charge of about 6 episodes of season 2 and i'm sorry but they were probably the most boring in the whole history of TWD.. Mazzara then came aboard and actually picked it up and season 2.5 was pretty decent, unfortunately he then made big mistakes in season 3 which lead to him leaving because he wanted to take the show in another direction and the big chiefs at AMC didn't

Then Scott Gimple came along and actually with certain episodes (camera work, tense moments, etc, etc) gave certain episodes in s4 a s1 kinda feeling, but yes quite a few of the episodes were slow but they always lead to something that had a purpose and not a cheap death or just something stupid like we saw alot in s3

Now with s5 it is rumoured things are changing again and it will be very action based and i'm all for that aslong as they can fit in storyline development which i think they did very well in s4...

It's gone like all good US tv shows. Good ratings equal milk the hell out of it. I still watch it in hope that it will improve,

The reality is that each series of around 16 episodes could be condensed in to 4 episodes. It's padded out with unnecessary storylines that never go anywhere.

• Like 2

It's gone like all good US tv shows. Good ratings equal milk the hell out of it. I still watch it in hope that it will improve,

The reality is that each series of around 16 episodes could be condensed in to 4 episodes. It's padded out with unnecessary storylines that never go anywhere.

Unfair that IMO. The Wire and Breaking Bad didn't outstay their welcome and whilst I am yet to get round to the Sopranoes I hear that's the same. If Boardwalk Empire is finishing after 5 like I've herd it is that will be about right as well......and to be fair to the Walking Dead It's a quality thing not a quantity thing, there have only been 3 full seasons of 16 episodes (a lot US shows have 24) and one of just six.  

Having got to Episodes 9 it has now recovered to something I'd just about view as watchable. Still far from as good as it used to be. 

Oooo that does look good

Yeah it does, going by the trailer it looks like action will play a big role this season

I got a feeling Beth will have her own stand alone episode/s which i'm abit skeptical about, it should tie stuff in but i hope she won't have many

I'm nearly up to date now. Think I've got two episodes left which I'm hoping to get through tonight.

It's has got gradually better as the seasons gone on, still not as good as it used to be though. presentation wise it looks awfully low budget. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...