Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

I guess it all depends on how they develop the other story arcs, if Beth is somewhere else, it could split between her story and the Terminus story, giving them more time to develop terminus, but then if they are cannibals they aren't going to waste food keeping them alive just to eat them, so that would be pretty implausible. I would expect Terminus to be resolved by the mid season break.

One option is that the Terminus people only eat the people that turn up and don't follow the rules, so Tyreese and Carol turn up with Judith, get accepted, then find Rick and the others, get the guns he stashed, blast out of there, freeing some of the other prisoners, who they leave to run terminus in a good way. Or if Beth is with some other survivors, maybe they attack Terminus knowing what they are, and rescue the gang.

Re: The "Kingdom" I don't really want another Woodbury type series, as good as series 3 was, but then a long slog to Washington could be a bit tedious too. I also kind of want a bit of faith in humanity restored, I know that is the whole point of it, but the amount of rapists, killers, cannibals, megalomaniacs and general scumbags that have survived is quite depressing. I was kind of hoping that terminus would be a sort of salvation, maybe a bit religious and nutty, but good people, with them back together and safe, but knowing they will have a long slog to Washington coming up, so they can't stay there.

Yeah they could stretch the Terminus arc out but the other storylines have gotta be strong or it could end up being a very iffy 1st half of the season... It's plausible that Beth will help the gang with somekinda help but I still think maybe she along with Carol & Tyreese may already be at Terminus or definitely Carol & Tyreese are already there and are in another part due to them having Judith with them?

Totally agree with having another Woodbury storyline so soon, that's also why I don't think they will introduce a main bad character till the end of S5 maybe even S6 as it would be too soon introducing Negan after The Governor only dying in S4

I've not read the comics, so I don't know who this Negan character is, I also don't want to know, but I also really want to google it...

Damn you and your prior knowledge, I've read some of the plot lines for the comics and have seen the TV series deviates a lot, I also find I don't really appreciate comics, I read them far too quickly and don't appreciate the art or the tension that would build in something like The Walking Dead.

I was looking on Wiki to find out when the new series starts and I saw this:

Rick, Michonne, and Carl struggle to find food and shelter. The group of men led by Joe that Daryl has been traveling with find Rick and make known their intent to kill Rick for strangling their friend. They hold Michonne hostage, attempt to sexually assault Carl, and start to beat Darryl for trying to intervene and sacrifice himself.

I did not get that, I thought they were just going to kill him...

So do we think next series will be

prison break style, with the whole series be all about them getting out of Terminus obviously with the help of the others on their way there, and maybe Beth who has been saved and thus saves them with her new buddies, or do you think she is already there with them in some way? Or do you think that the terminus bit will be over pretty soon and then it will be all about getting the mullet to Washington?

what did you think he was trying to do? tickle him. the leader even said, first we'll have the girl and then your son.

what did you think he was trying to do? tickle him. the leader even said, first we'll have the girl and then your son.

He obviously hasn't seen Deliverance! Always a rapey man!

Edited by Phube

Just thought he was going to kill him, I got that they were getting a bit rapey towards Michonne, but it just never really regsitered that they meant that. I was wondering if it was just me that missed it, turns out it was.

I've not read the comics, so I don't know who this Negan character is, I also don't want to know, but I also really want to google it...

Damn you and your prior knowledge, I've read some of the plot lines for the comics and have seen the TV series deviates a lot, I also find I don't really appreciate comics, I read them far too quickly and don't appreciate the art or the tension that would build in something like The Walking Dead.

I actually have only read a few issues myself but as being a diehard TWD fan i seem to just come across all these comic storylines oh and it doesn't help that i'm on numerous TWD forums either haha

Negan is pure evil, The Governor was nasty but Negan makes him look like Santa! Negan does tons of evil things in the comics

Edited by Chrisuki

Yeah it was an okay finish, but I thought there was a lot of fill this last half season, they could have easily condensed the 7 or 8 episodes into 4 or 5

We did see abit of filler especially the Daryl, Beth episode which imo could have been easily condensed down and not a full episode... Btw I didn't hate that episode either, just didn't care for it much

Yeah it was an okay finish, but I thought there was a lot of fill this last half season, they could have easily condensed the 7 or 8 episodes into 4 or 5

It was also quite convenient.

I think it would have been better if they had become aware of the Terminus before the Governor attacked and at least then they would have had more of a reason to all be heading there, rather than them all stumbling across the signs individually.

Things like Carol coming back just at the right time was also a little convenient.

I did like the Michonne back story, and the Daryl and Beth story, and the episode with Lizzie and Mika, the little girls, was brutal, but that arc could have been started much earlier, it was a little too rushed, or maybe I just didn't pick up on Lizzie's mentalness in the first half of the series.

It was also quite convenient.

I think it would have been better if they had become aware of the Terminus before the Governor attacked and at least then they would have had more of a reason to all be heading there, rather than them all stumbling across the signs individually.

Things like Carol coming back just at the right time was also a little convenient.

I did like the Michonne back story, and the Daryl and Beth story, and the episode with Lizzie and Mika, the little girls, was brutal, but that arc could have been started much earlier, it was a little too rushed, or maybe I just didn't pick up on Lizzie's mentalness in the first half of the series.

Loved the Michonne backstory so much she is now one of my fav characters... Daryl/Beth? meh it was ok and yeah you totally missed how loco Lizzie was haha

Loco lol. Ye she was mental. I see your point but personally I think eaxh episode was brilliant, and they all were setting up the new series. I feel like I know thr characters a bit better now. Cant wait for the new series.

I suspect the long arc is for Rick to go totally polar against his character's beginnings. His decisions are going to be more and more brutal. His son, the annoying Carl, will inevitably have to make a dire decision about his good aul Dad. What that is who knows. Though I find the actor who plays Carl, exceptionally annoying, and wouldn't be bothered whether or not he gets chomped.

I didn't see no baby when Carol & Tyreese headed down the tracks, though I do suspect they'll have something to do with the rescue of their buddies shacked up in container.

Whilst the climax was definitely not climatic as it could have been, I'll be watching season 5 once it's released. Roll on October.

I suspect the long arc is for Rick to go totally polar against his character's beginnings. His decisions are going to be more and more brutal. His son, the annoying Carl, will inevitably have to make a dire decision about his good aul Dad. What that is who knows. Though I find the actor who plays Carl, exceptionally annoying, and wouldn't be bothered whether or not he gets chomped.

I didn't see no baby when Carol & Tyreese headed down the tracks, though I do suspect they'll have something to do with the rescue of their buddies shacked up in container.

Whilst the climax was definitely not climatic as it could have been, I'll be watching season 5 once it's released. Roll on October.

tyreese had the baby on his back

im sure he had a wrapped blacket thing hung over his back, could be wrong i guess we'll find out. got me thinking now.

It'd be damn darker than the episode was if they did indeed dispatch the baby, but as they walked away I couldn't see it. Maybe it was shite prop guys fault, I dunno, probably. Cos that would surely send Rick truly over the edge.

• 3 months later...

Tried to get back into this last night after watching what has to be said vastly superior TV shows in Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Up to the fourth Episode of the fourth series, does this seriously get any better, It's beginning to get horrendously painful to watch, there's no suspense apart from who's going to drop dead from some made up version of the flu next, which is just depressing as fck to watch, especially as they've killed off or fcked off every character capable of delivering a decent bit of Comic Relief.

Also there's a mass expedition to some town 50 miles away to antibiotics for animals, to cure the flu? Since when have antibiotics cured the Flu Virus?

I'll give it a few more episodes but this is truly dire stuff.

Tried to get back into this last night after watching what has to be said vastly superior TV shows in Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Up to the fourth Episode of the fourth series, does this seriously get any better, It's beginning to get horrendously painful to watch, there's no suspense apart from who's going to drop dead from some made up version of the flu next, which is just depressing as fck to watch, especially as they've killed off or fcked off every character capable of delivering a decent bit of Comic Relief.

Also there's a mass expedition to some town 50 miles away to antibiotics for animals, to cure the flu? Since when have antibiotics cured the Flu Virus?

I'll give it a few more episodes but this is truly dire stuff.

The epidemic in the prison part was a bit shit but it does get better, the mid season finale is quality.

Stick with it! but can't say season four exactly improves from there...

It does, the first 4 episodes are building to a climax in episode 5 which is worth it, and setting the scene for later revelations about certain members of the new gang.

Episode 6 sees the return of an old friend, again a bit of a slow burner but the mid season finale is a belter.