Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Leeds Away Prices

I'm not going. I've been to a majority of the aways this season but I won't be doing this one.

As someone previously said, it's everything that's wrong with football.

There's supporting your club, and then there's being taken for a mug. I'm not being taken for a mug by Master Bates.

PAP.

£25 ;) And no I am paying £25 plus bus fare for an away league game, just because we have nothing to play for doesn't mean there is no point in going, your team is still playing and then give them a good send off

I unfortunately won't getter mugged off by Leeds scum prices. But I would like to give lcfc players a send off. Here we go......

**** off you bunch of useless *****. ( excluding kasper and nuge).

I'll be there. Pointless game? Yes. But I'm gonna go to support my team and sing my heart out!

How will ticket prices ever be made affordable if there are still a load of mugs who'll pay anything to see a meaningless game? If fans actaully united in boycotting games rather than only a few doing it then clubs would have to lower prices.

Guest MattP

You really do realise how stupid some fans are when you read a thread like this.

Maybe as fancy dress you should all go with inflatable mugs on.

Bates will be pissing himself at you.

My ticket arrived on Saturday for this as I preorder however I have made the decision not to go. I think that £36 to watch a Championship game is scandless and the fact that it will be like a friendly with nothing to play for has made my mind up.

When you add it up and add cost of travel and food and drink you are touching nearly £100, which could go towards your season ticket next season.

I have only missed a couple of games away this season due to work but I have easily spent nearly £2000 on tickets, travel, accommodation and food and drink. and there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough !!

My ticket arrived on Saturday for this as I preorder however I have made the decision not to go. I think that £36 to watch a Championship game is scandless and the fact that it will be like a friendly with nothing to play for has made my mind up.

When you add it up and add cost of travel and food and drink you are touching nearly £100, which could go towards your season ticket next season.

I have only missed a couple of games away this season due to work but I have easily spent nearly £2000 on tickets, travel, accommodation and food and drink. and there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough !!

Good on you mate, save the £100 for your ST next season!

Those of you who know me will now I don't agree with over inflated ticket prices and the general state of football presently but calling fellow fans mugs and having a go at them on an internet forum is not the way to change things.

What are YOU going to do to change things because, as other have said, a small boycott of Leeds will not change things. It's all very nice saying you're proving a point by going and the 'mugs' attending are not helping but to change things bigger higher profile protests need to be organised.

Which of you is going to take the lead and put in effort and organise something, get press coverage and get national support or are your principles limited to an internet forum?

Sorry to have a go at people but throwing out random insults at fans for going to a match without reasonable substance gets to me.

Perhaps Leeds fans shold have been contacted earlier in an effort to get both sides to consider a boycott but have a joint protest outside the ground. Image the power of 5,000 Leeds fans and 1,000 Leicester fans standing outside Ellend Road from an hour before the game up to the final whistle.

The onus isn't on the people who aren't going, they've already voted with their feet, that's £36 not going into Bates' hand. Even if people mass demonstrated it still means nothing while the 'die hards' are still coughing up, its the same situation but with a bit of noise by the disgruntled, the clubs and F.A. won't care, the status quo continues. When the prices have continued to rise and the 'die hards' are priced out of it, they've got no one to blame but themselves for not acting all because of a blind sense of loyalty.

The onus isn't on the people who aren't going, they've already voted with their feet, that's £36 not going into Bates' hand. Even if people mass demonstrated it still means nothing while the 'die hards' are still coughing up, its the same situation but with a bit of noise by the disgruntled, the clubs and F.A. won't care, the status quo continues. When the prices have continued to rise and the 'die hards' are priced out of it, they've got no one to blame but themselves for not acting all because of a blind sense of loyalty.

I afraid I believe the onus is definitely on those calling for a boycott to do it properly. You are asking me to miss an away game for the first time in over tree years. For me to considers this I expect the maximum amount of die hard mugs will have been contacted and made aware and had the reasons explained why. There are several ways of doing this. I would also expect a publicity campaign to accompany it, contact with the other clubs supporters to make it more effective at the very least.

At present this forum probably reaches 50 people like me out of the 500 that go every game so my missing a game makes no difference at all. People need to be aware a very poor away attendance is deliberate to have an effect so contact with the media, clubs, police and as most fans as possible is essential.

I would be happy to support a properly organised and well publicised boycott that had the potential to make a difference and get the ball rolling perhaps ps for some national or long term action. Currently I would be being asked to support something only known to a small percentage of Leicester fans via one forum.

You also have to remember I am a very sympathetic die hard to causes like this, others would need a lo of convincing with lots of constructive action and arguments.

I'd have tried to organise something long ago to be honest but with it being last day I just think loads of our fans would wave it goodbye if it meant something. It's took until now for it to confirm it'll mean nothing (and even now it's not 100%, but 99.9%).

I'd have tried to organise something long ago to be honest but with it being last day I just think loads of our fans would wave it goodbye if it meant something. It's took until now for it to confirm it'll mean nothing (and even now it's not 100%, but 99.9%).

Which is why I believe it is not the right game to do it, as any action is immediately put at a disadvantage. Next season however may be a different prospect.

Which is why I believe it is not the right game to do it, as any action is immediately put at a disadvantage. Next season however may be a different prospect.

Ipswich would've been a better choice in all honesty.

However I maintain I'm never going to Leeds against whilst Bates is alive.

I afraid I believe the onus is definitely on those calling for a boycott to do it properly. You are asking me to miss an away game for the first time in over tree years. For me to considers this I expect the maximum amount of die hard mugs will have been contacted and made aware and had the reasons explained why. There are several ways of doing this. I would also expect a publicity campaign to accompany it, contact with the other clubs supporters to make it more effective at the very least.

At present this forum probably reaches 50 people like me out of the 500 that go every game so my missing a game makes no difference at all. People need to be aware a very poor away attendance is deliberate to have an effect so contact with the media, clubs, police and as most fans as possible is essential.

I would be happy to support a properly organised and well publicised boycott that had the potential to make a difference and get the ball rolling perhaps ps for some national or long term action. Currently I would be being asked to support something only known to a small percentage of Leicester fans via one forum.

You also have to remember I am a very sympathetic die hard to causes like this, others would need a lo of convincing with lots of constructive action and arguments.

I'm not asking you to do anything, I've merely been explaining why other people won't go. If you see it as value for money then its your prerogative to go. A boycott doesn't have to be a well oiled machine. If 500 people end up going then that sends enough of a message. I'm not even hugely interested in how many people end up going. I'm not going by principle that I think £36 is an absolutely scandalous price for a Championship level match especially one at 12:30 at a ground notorious for its poor customer service (yes supporters are customers). But if you're happy to pay that you'll probably be happy to pay £42 etc. etc. so it really is to your own detriment, if it were any other product or service other than a football match I'm sure most people wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm not trying to rally the troops, you're wither happy to pay it or you're disgusted by it.

I'm not asking you to do anything, I've merely been explaining why other people won't go. If you see it as value for money then its your prerogative to go. A boycott doesn't have to be a well oiled machine. If 500 people end up going then that sends enough of a message. I'm not even hugely interested in how many people end up going. I'm not going by principle that I think £36 is an absolutely scandalous price for a Championship level match especially one at 12:30 at a ground notorious for its poor customer service (yes supporters are customers). But if you're happy to pay that you'll probably be happy to pay £42 etc. etc. so it really is to your own detriment, if it were any other product or service other than a football match I'm sure most people wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm not trying to rally the troops, you're wither happy to pay it or you're disgusted by it.

Sorry badly worded response from me, I know no individual is asking me to do anything just trying to point out I would only be part of a well organised boycott that had a chance of succeeding to some degree. I am certainly not happy to pay £36 but I have decided to do so as it is only part of my day, it's the last match for three months and I'm very fortunate I can afford it.

If we do take only 500 I'm afraid it will send no message at all as people will jus assume the poor attendance is down t the average season both teams have had.

Sorry badly worded response from me, I know no individual is asking me to do anything just trying to point out I would only be part of a well organised boycott that had a chance of succeeding to some degree. I am certainly not happy to pay £36 but I have decided to do so as it is only part of my day, it's the last match for three months and I'm very fortunate I can afford it.

If we do take only 500 I'm afraid it will send no message at all as people will jus assume the poor attendance is down t the average season both teams have had.

Like I said you're either going to pay it or not. If you're happy to pay that's up to you. I don't think much will send a message to Ken Bates, his own fans can't get through to him, I just know I'm not going to be bent over a barrel by him.

Like I said you're either going to pay it or not. If you're happy to pay that's up to you. I don't think much will send a message to Ken Bates, his own fans can't get through to him, I just know I'm not going to be bent over a barrel by him.

He personifies everything that is wrong with modern football but I refuse to allow him to ruin my last away game of the season for the sake of £6 over the normal cost of the 'bigger' clubs in the division. Same hatred as you just a different view point and with the She-Devil present I will be going no where near any barrels.

He personifies everything that is wrong with modern football but I refuse to allow him to ruin my last away game of the season for the sake of £6 over the normal cost of the 'bigger' clubs in the division. Same hatred as you just a different view point and with the She-Devil present I will be going no where near any barrels.

Bizarrely I know his granddaughter, she's very nice. He's a cvnt.

Those of you who know me will now I don't agree with over inflated ticket prices and the general state of football presently but calling fellow fans mugs and having a go at them on an internet forum is not the way to change things.

What are YOU going to do to change things because, as other have said, a small boycott of Leeds will not change things. It's all very nice saying you're proving a point by going and the 'mugs' attending are not helping but to change things bigger higher profile protests need to be organised.

Which of you is going to take the lead and put in effort and organise something, get press coverage and get national support or are your principles limited to an internet forum?

Sorry to have a go at people but throwing out random insults at fans for going to a match without reasonable substance gets to me.

Perhaps Leeds fans shold have been contacted earlier in an effort to get both sides to consider a boycott but have a joint protest outside the ground. Image the power of 5,000 Leeds fans and 1,000 Leicester fans standing outside Ellend Road from an hour before the game up to the final whistle.

:thumbup:

Nailed it. Plenty on here backing the "boycott" were more than happy to pay up until it went tits up on Saturday. People only willing to stand up and be counted when it suits is the real issue here.

The problem is any talk of an actual boycott involving picketing outside the ground and stuff like that en masse would immediately be shot down in flames. Those taking the moral high ground because it's now a nothing game are akin to people who claim they make a political protest by not bothering to turn up to their local polling station on election day.

Archived