Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Leeds Away Prices

Don't give a monkeys toss. I will not pay £36 for a Championship league game. As 1964 Fox has already said, £24 last season to £36 this season to have that fat half witted oaf walk round like a headless chicken shouting sit down sit down every 5 mins. Chuff off!!!

I recall watching a programme years ago when a Chelsea fan ranted at Bates about the team, admission prices etc etc, Bates listened then said "see you next week" that's his attitude, he knows that a certain amount of people will pay it, the bloke is a cnut.

Guest parky0607

Itd be good if the players paid for our tickets... seeing as though weve supported them and paid their astronomical wages all season. The total cost divided by them all would be a drop in the ocean to them as well...

Oh well, better wake up from dreamland.

We could, but no one will organise one. Fan activism just isn't the done thing in this country.

I'd have done it but when there's still potentially something to play for it's a waste of time, total waste of time.

Yeah, pretty disgusting prices.

Part of the dramatic increase is because the away fans have been relocated from the cheese block to the main stand (I believe :P).

If you look at prices for adults in the main stand at the KP for platinum games, are they that far off 36 quid? In some areas it's at least that. I'm not condoning the price just trying to explore why it's so much more. The complete lack of concession prices is a bit shit as well.

Part of the dramatic increase is because the away fans have been relocated from the cheese block to the main stand (I believe ).

If you look at prices for adults in the main stand at the KP for platinum games, are they that far off 36 quid? In some areas it's at least that. I'm not condoning the price just trying to explore why it's so much more. The complete lack of concession prices is a bit shit as well.

£38 in the west stand, apart from great hall/Keith Weller which are £55

£38 in the west stand, apart from great hall/Keith Weller which are £55

Right, 38 quid. So, do we think the Thais are cvnts and hope they die too? :P

No, I'm kidding ;). But you can understand Bates' logic in moving the away fans to a more expensive area from a business sense, although the reaction in this thread is definitely justified. People who want to sit in areas at Elland Road which cost 36 quid can choose to do so, but if that's where the away fans are allocated they can't sit anywhere else.

Guest parky0607

Part of the dramatic increase is because the away fans have been relocated from the cheese block to the main stand (I believe :P).

The thing is, at home, fans have the option of sitting where they like, and thus what price band they want. Doing what leeds are doing gives the away fans that are made to sit there no choice at all.

The thing is, at home, fans have the option of sitting where they like, and thus what price band they want. Doing what leeds are doing gives the away fans that are made to sit there no choice at all.

Absolutely, as I said two posts above yours :P;)

The reaction in this thread is definitely justified. People who want to sit in areas at Elland Road which cost 36 quid can choose to do so, but if that's where the away fans are allocated they can't sit anywhere else.

I've written to the Football Supporters' Federation and also the LCFC fanzone about this. Not that I expect anything to change for this game, but if we don't at least protest about it then we're asking to be ****ed over every week.

My email to the club...

Dear LCFC,

Having seen the ticket prices for Leeds away next week I have to say I am utterly disgusted. How can football clubs claim to want to bring children and young people back to the game, and then charge £25 for a child's ticket?

The base adult prices at Leeds are outrageous enough, but the laughable 'discount' offered to pensioners and children is an insult to football fans.

Home fans at Elland Road pay between £11 and £16 for children's tickets, and senior citizens pay between £16 and £21. Yet Leeds are charging half as much again for Leicester fans in these categories to watch the same game.

Presumably Leeds justify this scalping because they now seat away fans in the West Stand, which has more expensive seats, and doesn't even list a child or senior citizen price on their website. So they probably feel they can charge what they like. This is, I understand, an increasing trend, whereby clubs force away fans into the more expensive / less popular areas of their grounds, boosting revenue at our expense.

I hope Leicester City have made a protest both to Leeds and to the football league. Fans feel utterly powerless about this issue - there's a real temptation to boycott such fixtures, when prices are so unreasonable. But boycotting away games is self-defeating, especially when the game could be so important for our club. We want to be there to support our team, our players and we've invested too much into this season already to deny ourselves the chance to 'be there' when the club is battling for the playoffs.

But unless clubs take some action, eventually away fans will be priced out of football altogether. With events like those at Gillingham this week I suppose there may be some within the game who think that this might be a good thing, if each stadium was 'home fans only' then policing costs and the risks of trouble would be reduced, but the reality is that without travelling fans, football as we know it would die.

And while I realise it may be unrealistic, could someone suggest to the LCFC board that, given the huge significance this game might have for our future, and the number of bitter disappointments that travelling blue army have had to endure this season, Leicester City FC consider refunding some of the ticket purchase price for those people who are prepared to go to Leeds on the last day of the season and support the team in their quest for promotion?

Thanks

Archived