Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JCWfox

Student Season Tickets

You have such a massive bug up your arse about not having been a student. It will be classed as moaning because that is all you do when you're on this topic...and it certainly isn't "fact".

Ok, so stuff I have experienced and seen that has happened isn't fact, ok...

Most students don't need to move away? Why is that then?

Because as you saying different Uni's offer different courses, i'm sure that is the case and i'm sure in some cases there is need to move to the other side of the country, however within a 40(ish) mile radius there are atleast 8 Uni's (I'm sure there must be more too) now like you have said I have agree they might not offer certain courses, may not be the best Uni's, dependant on those things but i'm sure most are good Uni's, most offer decent courses and between them i'd have thought (I'm not certain so cannot call this fact) offer the courses people want.

You do realise that Universities differ in the courses they offer don't you? Even the content in similar courses can differ from institution to institution.

This, admitly I didn't realise, obviously Uni's differ but I thought the course's were pretty standard - especially if its the same course dependant on where it is.

Matt, the entire point of claiming something is a "fact" is that you back it up with references - you can not claim that your subjective experience validates the claim that something you state is a fact. You know a handful of students which are in no way representative of the entire student body.

You do not know how many universities lie within a 40 miles radius of Leicester, you do not know what courses they offer, you do not understand the differences between the courses and you do not appreciate which universities carry more kudos with employers than others.

Basically, you are spouting bollocks out of your arse.

The logic of some of the ****ing idiots on this forum baffles me sometimes. My mate (a current st holder) is studying medicine at Leeds uni but wanted to study at Leicester uni but was rejected. By your retarded logic he should have sacked off becoming a doctor so that he could have stayed closer to home, but then again he is a "lazy, sponging student". You won't be criticising students if 1 day a member of your family needs to have surgery and has their life saved by a former student...

Not all students are at uni. theres the 2 years before uni where majority of people go to a local college. so they could stay at home.

And even then at uni not everyone goes to a different one or stays in digs.

Not all students are at uni. theres the 2 years before uni where majority of people go to a local college. so they could stay at home.

And even then at uni not everyone goes to a different one or stays in digs.

Yeah but they are under 18 so the club have catered for them! What I am talking about is the people who are at university for a minimum of 3 years (some for much more) who have to fork out £9,000 a year fees, accommodation etc etc etc So are we just saying tough luck you lot can't go to the football for the whole time that you are at university. What kind of incentive is that to better yourself and achieve qualifications for future employment? How is that fair?!?!

Yeah but they are under 18 so the club have catered for them! What I am talking about is the people who are at university for a minimum of 3 years (some for much more) who have to fork out £9,000 a year fees, accommodation etc etc etc So are we just saying tough luck you lot can't go to the football for the whole time that you are at university. What kind of incentive is that to better yourself and achieve qualifications for future employment? How is that fair?!?!

if you want to "better" yourself shouldnt it come at a price?

and theres grants, loans, etc so not all payout in one go, and people who work have to pay for accommodation.

as mentioned earlier my 2 girls soon realised that if they want to go out partying in one daughters case , or go football in the other they will need some money hence they both got part time jobs.

if students REALLY wanted to go they could. 1 packet of fags,or a few pints, maybe a takeaway less a week would cover that.

and lol before anyone says im stereotyping and students dont drink, smoke or eat takeaways

I don't think so, but can't say I've ever looked into it! Its a Level 3 Apprenticship so I doubt it. For what its worth, I do sympathise with the increase being as big as it is, BUT I don't think there ever should've been a student price in the first place.

That's fair enough. Obviously I'm going to think the opposite being a student myself, but I suppose you've gotta look at the bigger picture. Not sure I want one anyway after this season now haha!

if you want to "better" yourself shouldnt it come at a price?

and theres grants, loans, etc so not all payout in one go, and people who work have to pay for accommodation.

as mentioned earlier my 2 girls soon realised that if they want to go out partying in one daughters case , or go football in the other they will need some money hence they both got part time jobs.

if students REALLY wanted to go they could. 1 packet of fags,or a few pints, maybe a takeaway less a week would cover that.

and lol before anyone says im stereotyping and students dont drink, smoke or eat takeaways

Alright, if you were slapped down with a 200% increase, how would you feel?

Like you say, we could probably afford a season ticket if we cut drinking and partying altogether, amongst other things, but that still leaves the problem of travel as well. A 200% increase though is a joke. Maybe it'd have gone down better if there'd have been a bit of prior warning, but to come out and drop that bombshell is mental in my eyes.

Alright, if you were slapped down with a 200% increase, how would you feel?

Like you say, we could probably afford a season ticket if we cut drinking and partying altogether, amongst other things, but that still leaves the problem of travel as well. A 200% increase though is a joke. Maybe it'd have gone down better if there'd have been a bit of prior warning, but to come out and drop that bombshell is mental in my eyes.

why would you need to cut drinking and partying all together? if you was going to buy one at the "student price" then you would have allowed for travel etc anyway, so now you would need to find £3 extra per week. you dont think thats do able?

200% is high, but isnt 100%?? i would say it is.. was you bothered bout the 100% rise for the people who turn 18 when you got your cheap ticket last year? if they came on here complaining would you have backed them ?

why would you need to cut drinking and partying all together? if you was going to buy one at the "student price" then you would have allowed for travel etc anyway, so now you would need to find £3 extra per week. you dont think thats do able?

200% is high, but isnt 100%?? i would say it is.. was you bothered bout the 100% rise for the people who turn 18 when you got your cheap ticket last year? if they came on here complaining would you have backed them ?

Where have you got this £3 a week figure from? Students are looking at a minimum of £270 increase.

I don't agree with the 100% price rise for 18 year olds, but that's not the same. Where do you draw the line between paying adult prices and children prices? They've not completely abolished a price range there either.

Where have you got this £3 a week figure from? Students are looking at a minimum of £270 increase.

I don't agree with the 100% price rise for 18 year olds, but that's not the same. Where do you draw the line between paying adult prices and children prices? They've not completely abolished a price range there either.

£150 last year for a student ticket wasnt it? the kop u22(would now be the ticket??? ) this year £270/£300

how isnt it the same? they have a price increase same as you.. at 18 do wages double for workers ??

Most students don't need to move away? Why is that then?

Because as you saying different Uni's offer different courses, i'm sure that is the case and i'm sure in some cases there is need to move to the other side of the country, however within a 40(ish) mile radius there are atleast 8 Uni's (I'm sure there must be more too) now like you have said I have agree they might not offer certain courses, may not be the best Uni's, dependant on those things but i'm sure most are good Uni's, most offer decent courses and between them i'd have thought (I'm not certain so cannot call this fact) offer the courses people want.

You do realise that Universities differ in the courses they offer don't you? Even the content in similar courses can differ from institution to institution.

This, admitly I didn't realise, obviously Uni's differ but I thought the course's were pretty standard

- especially if its the same course dependant on where it is.

I am at Lancaster University because the business school graduate employment ratings are second only to Oxford.

I am at Lancaster University because the grades that I obtained at A level meant that it was the most reputable University that I could realistically apply to.

I am at Lancaster University because the Advertising and Marketing course I study has a 100% employment rating.

I am at Lancaster University because I like the campus and the accommodation compared with other unis.

I didn't crawl in to the nearest Uni to study 'some subject' to get 'some degree' with the hope that it might end up landing me a job. I don't smoke, I don't buy takeaways and on an average week I drink as much as the next 20 year old.

Oh, and by the way. Sorry that I won't be able to attend many City matches next season. From July I'll be starting a year's internship at the largest media network in Europe. It had billings of 840m last year alone. Of course, being one of 5 applicants to succeed out of hundreds that applied had nothing to do with being a Lancaster University student. Ha. 3 out of the 5 successful applicants go to Lancaster University. Co-inky-dink? I think not.

Anyway, I had better get some sleep. I have a busy day of drinking on the streets and protesting tomorrow. Oh no wait I have 6 exams to revise for. Whilst I'm doing just that I'll bear in mind that I'm not working hard for my money in doing so.

Because students are in a worse position financially than most u22s who haven't decided to go to uni and are in part-time or full-time employment.

The violins are playing for the poor poor hard done by students, as per usual.

Not like they were made to go to uni was it?

I am at Lancaster University because the business school graduate employment ratings are second only to Oxford.

I am at Lancaster University because the grades that I obtained at A level meant that it was the most reputable University that I could realistically apply to.

I am at Lancaster University because the Advertising and Marketing course I study has a 100% employment rating.

I am at Lancaster University because I like the campus and the accommodation compared with other unis.

I didn't crawl in to the nearest Uni to study 'some subject' to get 'some degree' with the hope that it might end up landing me a job. I don't smoke, I don't buy takeaways and on an average week I drink as much as the next 20 year old.

Oh, and by the way. Sorry that I won't be able to attend many City matches next season. From July I'll be starting a year's internship at the largest media network in Europe. It had billings of 840m last year alone. Of course, being one of 5 applicants to succeed out of hundreds that applied had nothing to do with being a Lancaster University student. Ha. 3 out of the 5 successful applicants go to Lancaster University. Co-inky-dink? I think not.

Anyway, I had better get some sleep. I have a busy day of drinking on the streets and protesting tomorrow. Oh no wait I have 6 exams to revise for. Whilst I'm doing just that I'll bear in mind that I'm not working hard for my money in doing so.

If that case you could just borrow the money and pay it off when you get a decent job, from what you saying that should'nt be a problem......

You were doing so well until you decided to big yourself up.....

I think somebody needs a hug. You're doing really well mate, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

reading that makes me agree even more students shouldnt be heavily discounted on everything..

one in your own words you seem to imply alot are doing degrees for the sake of it and the other clever boys like yourself will be able to differ payments till your earning these big bucks your destined to earn..

Isn't another issue here that the Club are actively discouraging an entire new generation of fans? Fans that will most likely go on to have long professional careers with disposable incomes to spend on season tickets for 10 - 50 years?

The club is driving money away from their gate receipts.

Lets say for example that I pay £500 a year for the next 50 years - that's £25,000 (one week for Matt Mills!!!)

So if Susan Whelan is correct in saying there were 200 students - that's £5m they've lost.

Obviously not everyone will stay for anywhere near that amount of time, but you get my point, and also this is not counting any potential future ST holders that they may or may not have attracted if they had continued with Student prices.

Isn't another issue here that the Club are actively discouraging an entire new generation of fans? Fans that will most likely go on to have long professional careers with disposable incomes to spend on season tickets for 10 - 50 years?

Lets say for example that I pay £500 a year for the next 50 years - that's £25,000 (one week for Matt Mills!!!)

So if Susan Whelan is correct in saying there were 200 students - that's £5m they've lost.

Obviously not everyone will stay for anywhere near that amount of time, but you get my point, and also this is not counting any potential future ST holders that they may or may not have attracted if they had continued with Student prices.

Fair logic but playing devils advocate an alternate view is that most of those 200 will not boycott forever and any real loss will be much lower if at all

That's why they haven't touched the family stand as the children there are the next generation. By the time they get to student age they are already fans and more then likely still buy a season ticket even if the price goes up.

That's never right. Should have tried to complain to the Chief Exec or whatever.

I know Unit got the money (difference) back once he showed a headed letter from university.

Yep, they don't seem to remember it though as I got a letter through the other day stating I owe city £130 and if I don't pay ASAP there will be legal action.

Wont be renewing next year, not only is it a ****ing huge expense but getting legal threats because of their own administrative errors has really pissed me off.

Would have got a season ticket for £130, maybe even with an increase, but living in Newcastle next year, no chance. They'll lost a lot of people through this.

Apparently there was only 200 people in the stadium having a student season ticket last season! bollocks!

No loss, you are a part timer anyway! :P

And to be honest i cant see the club losing too many people due to it, and i dont think they would care all that much either. Most students are under 22, so should pay under 22 prices anyway.

Not fair that a kid aged 14/15 pays the same as a student is it? And why should people who work or go to college, who are younger than the adult price bracket, and not go uni get penalised by paying more than students previously did?

If all these students dont like it, dont go. Welcome to the real world where everything isnt cheap and you have to make allowances for stuff.

Yep, they don't seem to remember it though as I got a letter through the other day stating I owe city £130 and if I don't pay ASAP there will be legal action.

Wont be renewing next year, not only is it a ****ing huge expense but getting legal threats because of their own administrative errors has really pissed me off.

What? That is a disgrace. I wouldn't renew either if I was in your situation.

With all these comments, I'm starting to think it isn't "our club" as they say on the promotional documents.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I'm going university in September but the season ticket prices huge, the club are driving their fans away. To quality with age doesn't seem fair to me.

I can't help thinking people are missing the point banging on about student season tickets. Have you seen the kids' prices? Some of them get in for free! I've seen someone on here boasting about leaving school and working hard for his money. School?! What kind of limp-wristed left nonsense is that? I was barely crawling before my Dad had me up chimneys scrubbing for my living. I didn't get any help with season tickets. I certainly couldn't get in for nothing. I wouldn't mind but being a child is a lifestyle choice. Nothing stopping them going out to work, is there? Instead most of them sit about on taxpayers' money eating Rusks and sh****ng their pants. B*****ds.

Fvcking tax dodging scroungers with delusions of intelligence. There that's put paid to your piss poor defense of a louche life style you clearly think we should all be paying for. Get off your arse get a job and buy your own ticket at the same price as anyone else.

Archived