Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Official - Jamie Vardy signs.

Let's be real!

How can a million quid these days in football really constitute much of a risk?

Christ... We shelled out what? 7 times that much on Mills and Beckford and look how they performed last season.

Its a million on non league player, its crazy money, lets just hope he's worth it.

Its a million on non league player, its crazy money, lets just hope he's worth it.

Am I right in saying Posh paid £1.2M for a League Two player this month?

Been away for a few days, so only knew this about it today when my dad told me over mobile.

Happy with this signing, looks a great prospect and a good player, we have seen plenty of non league players make a successful step up, hopefully Vardy can do the same.

1 million in some fans eyes, will always be steep, but I believe he will do well and definitely a player we needed in regards of the players we have been linked with so far, I would have put him high on the list of players to sign.

To be honest, just about every signing presents a risk of some description. There are very few 'risk-free' transfers these days. I think it'll take him time to make the step up but I think he will. I just hope our notoriously fickle fans don't expect him to adapt to the Champ within the first 15 minutes of his debut.

Ever since I heard this was a possibility then I was excited. I have no idea why, but I have a really good feeling about him.

I think I like the idea if the 'rags to riches' story. Just imagine how good it'd be if he scores the goal to get us promoted.

Fans need to give him time though, it's a big step up, and you can't ve expecting him to score a hattrick every match - he'll need some time to adjust to the league!

Guest bss9401

Fantastic signing that shows our and his ambition. Welcome to Leicester City. Good luck to him now he is taking a well deserved move upwards.

As for the sceptics have big mouths to make up for whatever they are lacking in life but really are a small minority of our genuine fan base.

for every ian wright i bet theres 2 that didnt make it so i dont see why people use these as examples.

it is a risk but its not going to kill us if it dont work and even if its half decent it could help up so should be worth taking and so welcome,,

but its still a risk. .

yeah it's stupid. anyone can list examples after the fact. hoping for the best though.

yeah it's stupid. anyone can list examples after the fact. hoping for the best though.

Isn't that exactly why they're examples because they've succeeded? Unless someone round here can tell me a way of predicting who we can use as successful examples several years into the future?

We wish Jamie all the best from stocksbridge park steels. The guy has got better as he has gone through the leagues. Late devolper didn't get in the 2nd team at steels till 19. S.Shutt 2nnd team manager says he was a pleasure to work with. Hard working and never gave up. Very down to earth kid and knows where the back of the net is. Go to youtube for a video of scoring a wonder goal for SPS V fc united of manchester.

Quality and Good luck

Might a cheeky fiver on Liecester winning league and Jamie going to Brazil 2014

I think this is a good signing. He will be hungry to prove himself, you'll get extra out of him. Seems to be the kind of guy that will put his head in.

Also, he supported Sheffield Wednesday, so Nigel Pearson is a bit of a hero for him. He'll work hard to impress.

Isn't that exactly why they're examples because they've succeeded? Unless someone round here can tell me a way of predicting who we can use as successful examples several years into the future?

i think you've both missed the point.

Didn't the same thing, or something similar, happen to Ben Marshall. Our club really isn't good for relationships is it?

Still Marshall's been great, hopefully there's a correlation.

Didn't the same thing, or something similar, happen to Ben Marshall. Our club really isn't good for relationships is it?

Still Marshall's been great, hopefully there's a correlation.

Was shagging some stripper whilst With his girlfriend, stripper had cracking tits.. not a great face.

Archived