Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Official - Jamie Vardy signs.

but no one predicted failure.. someone said it was a bit of a risk

A risk of what? An avalanche of watermelons? I would assume here that 'risk' clearly implies failure and so yet again I would point out that all signings carry with them an element of risk regardless of division, cost or age.

In his interview on the bbc his answer to the question about pressure was soo much better than Beckfords. He came across like a player that has confidence but isnt arrogant. I like the way he said there is pressure who ever you play for, signs of someone who cares about all fans... can really see him putting his all in every game

In his interview on the bbc his answer to the question about pressure was soo much better than Beckfords. He came across like a player that has confidence but isnt arrogant. I like the way he said there is pressure who ever you play for, signs of someone who cares about all fans... can really see him putting his all in every game

It's called being level-headed and not having an ego.

A risk of what? An avalanche of watermelons? I would assume here that 'risk' clearly implies failure and so yet again I would point out that all signings carry with them an element of risk regardless of division, cost or age.

there is a risk he may not make the step up, just because ian wright made it dont mean all players will step up, as said for every ian wright there will be 2 that dint make it.. thats not people predicting failure, its saying we dont know whats going to happen. nothing to do with miserable. if you read back he is still being welcomed...

Yep.

It's never going to be a full £1M that Fleetwood are trousering; a full fee will be based on extras such as us getting promoted, him scoring X

number of goals etc. (as James said

somewhere).

If he ends up costing that amount then he, and us, will have done well and everyone will be happy.

Plus, having watched non-league all of last season, I can honestly say that I watched a number of players putting in a greater shift and displaying better awareness than we did on TV/streams on a whole host of occasions.

Good luck to the lad and welcome :scarf:

First time ya bang on

It's called being level-headed and not having an ego.

Jesus it only took two pages for you two to turn this round to Beckford, change the f****** record.

Pearson and his scouts obviously trust in the fact that he will be able to handle the big step up, only time will tell.

Welcome to Leicester Vardy and good luck mate.

Hope he does well, as said previously prefer players who will feel they have to prove themselves as opposed to players who believe in their own hype.

Any other LCFC news on the grapevine mate?

Ian Wright.

For every Ian Wright, there are 10 that don't make it. I did say "bit", as opposed to "huge risk", so I'm up for this. It's always a risk signing a player from a lower level because you never quite know what they'll be like higher up the tree. Stands to reason. We signed Scottish non-leaguers in the past that turned out to be brilliant (Ian Wilson, Kevin MacDonald); the proof of the pudding and all that. Anyone that pulls on a blue shirt has my full backing, and if they work hard and do the best they can, they keep it. If they're not good enough eventually, well, no harm done. Like I said, hope he does well and good luck to the lad.

Jesus it only took two pages for you two to turn this round to Beckford, change the f****** record.

Pearson and his scouts obviously trust in the fact that he will be able to handle the big step up, only time will tell.

Welcome to Leicester Vardy and good luck mate.

Hang on where have I mentioned Beckford?

I was talking in general that he seems level-headed and doesn't have a big ego (That you could say a few of our players in the last couple of seasons have had) add to that seems will to work hard and simply wants to play football.

Very pleased with this signing, big step up but looks to have the ability and character to handle it. I reckon he may be used out wide more than as an out and out striker but I believe can play wide if necessary. Haven't trawled through all the threads yet, have any Fleetwood fans posted with their opinions?

Three signings so far and all of a similar ilk i.e relatively young and all with a point to prove. Very encouraging.

Very pleased with this signing, big step up but looks to have the ability and character to handle it. I reckon he may be used out wide more than as an out and out striker but I believe can play wide if necessary. Haven't trawled through all the threads yet, have any Fleetwood fans posted with their opinions?

Three signings so far and all of a similar ilk i.e relatively young and all with a point to prove. Very encouraging.

I agree....

Vardy is meant to be lightning quick which is what the team needed IMO.

Let's be real!

How can a million quid these days in football really constitute much of a risk?

Christ... We shelled out what? 7 times that much on Mills and Beckford and look how they performed last season.

so because we spent it before it makes no difference what we spend now?

hes coming from a lower league so is a risk/ gamble imo. he may not handle this league and therefore we could be a player short of what we need. its not all just about a money.. we may not target any more strikers/wingers on the strength of him succeeding..

people are jumping on this word RISK and trying to take it to the extreme as usual.

so because we spent it before it makes no difference what we spend now?

hes coming from a lower league so is a risk/ gamble imo. he may not handle this league and therefore we could be a player short of what we need. its not all just about a money.. we may not target any more strikers/wingers on the strength of him succeeding..

people are jumping on this word RISK and trying to take it to the extreme as usual.

At a million no I don't think it's a big risk.

From what I saw of Mills and Beckford they didn't 'handle this league' either IMO. And I've posted before that relying on Beckford 'left us short' up front last season.....

Neither Beckford or Mills, thus far, represent value for money in today's market.

I'm hoping Vardy will...

At a million no I don't think it's a big risk.

From what I saw of Mills and Beckford they didn't 'handle this league' either IMO. And I've posted before that relying on Beckford 'left us short' up front last season.....

Neither Beckford or Mills, thus far, represent value for money in today's market.

I'm hoping Vardy will...

think we all hope he turns out good value for money.. were all behind him.. hope we dont just rely on him though.

Archived