Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wembley: 30th May 1994

Where have the last 18 years gone?

538314_300073430082471_1001858276_n.jpg

And for those of you who can stomach my voice, here's the Radio Leicester commentary of Walshie's two goals that day - complete with our summariser Gary Mills screaming and getting Neville Foulger in a headlock after the second goal.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/824409-wembley-1994-steve-walsh-scores

I was only 21 at the time but that was the best day of my broadcasting career.

I was ten at the time. This has to be the best match I have ever seen/ probably will ever see with the Leicester city legend scoring that winner.

Nothing has come close to that since that day, barrig a the cup wins.

Proper football.

Our first time win at Wembley after all those failing trips.The weather was just like today blue sky's and red hot. It was party time from the minute we got there. The Leicester fans were just fantastic ( as usual ) I even saw one fan with a real severed Sheep's head on a stick being carried around.

As we walked around wembley we saw Kevin Keegan who was doing some commentary work , he was the other side of a fence, we shouted to him and he came over. Of course he was asked the inevitable question did he think we would win and he replied " well they have got the better team but I have always had a soft spot for Leicester and you support is incredible , so I have a feeling you may well just do it today "

And do it we did.

Without doubt the best day of my supporting life, just to see us win at Wembley. Oh and the party when we got back to my local pub went on until ten O'clock the next morning. Happy days !

I was 13 at the time. My brother and I listened to the game on the radio with my Granddad in a caravan at Swithland Woods (rock and roll!!). The whole camp site was quiet and then you heard this roar as we scored the winner. These were all people over the age of 60 as well. Amazing day. There was a guy who sold ice creams and he had the "Silence of The Rams" front page stuck on his window the next day. I thought it was the greatest thing I have ever seen (and still do if I'm honest).

To anyone who ever questions why Steve Walsh is a legend just watch that video a few times. Absolutely amazing.

We'll get there again soon. In Nigel we trust.

X

what a day, after 2 years of heart break what a way to finally do it. promotion via the play-offs is still better than winning the division, just a hell of a way to fail.

as for the last 18 years, well there was going back up with a excellent display at wembley 2 years later leicester playing there version of total football against palace, then a few cup finals, it's the last 10 years that I have a problem with, maybe bar the L1 title.

Our first time win at Wembley after all those failing trips.The weather was just like today blue sky's and red hot. It was party time from the minute we got there. The Leicester fans were just fantastic ( as usual ) I even saw one fan with a real severed Sheep's head on a stick being carried around.

As we walked around wembley we saw Kevin Keegan who was doing some commentary work , he was the other side of a fence, we shouted to him and he came over. Of course he was asked the inevitable question did he think we would win and he replied " well they have got the better team but I have always had a soft spot for Leicester and you support is incredible , so I have a feeling you may well just do it today "

And do it we did.

Without doubt the best day of my supporting life, just to see us win at Wembley. Oh and the party when we got back to my local pub went on until ten O'clock the next morning. Happy days !

Is that all? I'll be on it all week when the time comes again

Guest MattP

I still laugh about the City fans walking down Wembley Way with a Rams head on a stick to this day.

Some bastard nicked my car from the Stanmore car park while I was at the match, cost me a packet to get me, my kids and 70+ father-in-law home so wasn't able to enjoy the post match much.

I was 24 at the time and the whole experience of the day was fantastic . Early 6am start in a tranny van with loads of beer , a fry up in the cafe near wembley , then joining all the city fans in the Greyhound pub . P****d as a F**t by time left the greyhound , long stagger up wembley way to witness what has got to be one of the best times I ever had as a City Fan . Borough at Wembley was also memorable for me as the Boro fans had taken over the Greyhound , but that wasn't going to stop me going in the same pub I always go in . The banter I had with the Boro fans was all good humoured and they have to be one of the best sets of away fans I have encountered .

I remember a motorway service station on the way. The Derby and Leicester coaches were supposed to stop at different ones but there were plenty of both sets at the one we stopped at, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife.

One lad did his tribute to Jamie Lawrence by tying half a pineapple to his head. lol

Am I the only one who still can't work out how Paul Williams didn't clear the first goal?

That always makes me laugh, the ball is coming to my face I know I will duck under it and try and head it up, priceless, we didn't deserve to win that game, but we did that is all that matters.

Happy days.

My wife was 8 months pregnant and there with me, due to the excitement the lad came 2 weeks early. Now a massive Cty fan too I'm looking forward to him buying me a pint for the first time next tuesday!

Cracking post ! my son is now 24 and goes to all the games yet still finds it hard to buy me a pint . :D :D :D :D :D :D

Archived